Giuliana Rancic Reveals: Pregnancy Could Have Killed Me

Wed, February 22, 2012 5:04pm EDT by 21 Comments
Giuliana Rancic Breast Cancer

The breast cancer survivor says she ‘dodged the biggest bullet’ by not getting pregnant!

Desperate for a baby and ready to start IVF treatments, E! correspondent Giuliana Rancic went to a doctor-ordered mammogram last fall and received shocking news — she was in the early stages of breast cancer. But now she says she’s grateful she wasn’t pregnant! “Do you realize that if we had gotten pregnant, I would have been done?” she says in a new interview with Michigan Avenue. “That would have catapulted this cancer into another level.”

At 36 years old, Giuliana was four years away from her first mammogram, but she went because it’s standard IVF protocol. “By the time I was 40 or 41, I’m scared to think about what they would have told me,” she explains. I now know the reason why I wasn’t ever supposed to get pregnant.”

Although she and her husband Bill Rancic still want a baby, she knows she’s lucky it hasn’t happened for them yet. “People come up and they have sadness in their eyes, and I think, at a time when everyone’s looking at me with pity, I look at myself as lucky,” she explains. “I think I just dodged the biggest bullet of my life.”

But now she’s ready to refocus on trying for a child.

“Right now we’re just on lockdown,” she says. “We’re not doing IVF for at least a couple of months just to give my body a chance to recover. This year, yes, our journey to have a baby will continue.”

More Giuliana Rancic:

1. ‘Dancing With The Stars’ Casting Scoop: Producers Want Giuliana Rancic
  2. Giuliana Rancic Looks Incredible On The Golden Globes Red Carpet
  3. Golden Globes 2012 Red Carpet — Pics of Angelina Jolie, Charlize Theron & More

Erica

Posted at 7:14 PM on November 30, 2012

Have you ever been to Australia? Have ever been to Spain? Have you ever been to Japan? Have you ever been to Mexico? Have you ever been to France? Have you ever been to Chicago? Have you ever been to a wedding? Have you ever been to Tokyo? Have you ever been to Paris? Have you ever been to Italy? Have you ever been to Disneyland? Have you ever been to Chicago? Have you ever been to Florida? Have you ever been to Hollywood? Have you ever been to Los Angeles? Have you ever been to New York? Have you ever been to Texas? Have you ever been to New Mexico? Hve you ever been to Sydney? Have you ever been to London? Have you ever been to Scotland? Have you ever been to Wales? Have you ever been South Wales? Have you ever been to North Wales? Have you ever eaten cupcakes? Have you ever eaten cake?

Erica

Posted at 7:09 PM on November 30, 2012

Yay!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Erica

Posted at 7:07 PM on November 30, 2012

Where do you live?

Erica

Posted at 3:33 PM on November 25, 2012

Do like the UK? Have you ever been to the UK? Do you like Wales? Have you ever been to Wales? Do you like Ireland? Have you ever been to Ireland? Do you like Scotland? Have you ever been to Scotland?

Erica

Posted at 3:31 PM on November 25, 2012

Do you like ponies?

Erica

Posted at 3:31 PM on November 25, 2012

Do you like Britney Spears?

Erica

Posted at 3:31 PM on November 25, 2012

Do you like X-factor?

Erica

Posted at 3:29 PM on November 25, 2012

Please reply.

Erica

Posted at 3:26 PM on November 25, 2012

Hi Guliana, I hope you’re ok. How are you and your husband? Did you reach your goal? If not, try realwishes.com.

Donah

Posted at 6:52 AM on August 22, 2012

Dear sweet Guliana ive been following yo reality tv show and each day i pray that God gives you a baby. Thank God yu have a hubby who treasures yu. But in Africa men are feck instead they run away looking for other women. But Bill is a great hubby.

tika

Posted at 8:13 AM on April 23, 2012

Dear Giuliana and Bill, I hope you’ll keep in patience waiting the baby for you. I’ll pray for Giuliana would be pregnant again and have the children someday. To be honest I disagree about surrogate mother. There’s so many unlucky children need our help and love, they need to be adopted, taken care and well-educated so they will grow up in happiness and give a lot of contributions for the parents, religion, and country. I hope both Giuliana and Bill consider about this. Thank you.

Daphny abdallah

Posted at 9:42 AM on April 22, 2012

G,,,,,i pray for u n i have this amazing strong filling u will have two beautiful kids ofcourse 1 b n 1g.te quiro mucho

Inyang Blessing

Posted at 5:16 PM on April 5, 2012

Mrs Ranci, just believe in God that someday u’ll be a mother of many nation, remember Sarah in the bible God visited her @ her old age, God even said in his word that we shall be fruitful & multiply, so believe in his word (God) meditate day & night & believe that someday u’ll have ur own children…….. I love ur family & ur reality show. Stay bless & be prayerful. Inyang Blessing FROM NIGERIAN

jessie

Posted at 7:07 AM on April 5, 2012

Hi “G”. I remember when I watch this specific program and you spoke to your therapist and I remember you told that you don’t know why are you being punish like this. Well, I can tell you why. God knew you wouldn’t have survived being pregnant and having breast cancer. So you weren’t being punished for anything God knows best. I’m 34 and I’m going through the exact same thing but you know what keeps my head up everyday, the thing is that I can go on my knees and ask God that if its in His favour to blessed us with a child because He said in His word that” whatever you ask in my name you shall receive” so I pray for you and I love your show. Jessie. South Africa

Natalie motilal

Posted at 9:24 AM on March 19, 2012

Hi guiliana u are a beautiful women and rolemodel.i watch ur show and and pray gods blessing over u and this year 2012 u will be blessed with a baby .love u…. natalie from SOUTH AFRICA,DURBAN

Odetta

Posted at 3:34 PM on March 17, 2012

Hi Guiliana, Me and my husband had problems trying to concieve but no money to try ivf so i look into other things and found this Ovulation watch, and i got pregnant finally. It worked. My son is a year and half now. I am very thin and dont get my monthly regularly and i guess ovulated at diferent times so with this watch helped me know exactlly when i was ovualting and you only can get pregnant one to two days out of the month. anyways check it out it wont hurt. No needles involved, just a little patients. Best wishes (ovwatch.com) just to warn you when i finally did get pregnant i threw-up for the first 20 weeks of my pregnancy. But having my son is definetly worth every throw up and doctor vist i had to go to cause i was so sick. :o)

Fridah

Posted at 2:46 PM on March 1, 2012

Guiliana, i have learned so much from you over the past few months and i know that i speak for many when i say that you have touched our lives in so many ways and you are the perfect example of a super woman…..my prayers are with you and i know that a great beautiful bundle of joy awaits you.

Lisha

Posted at 8:44 AM on February 24, 2012

Dear Guiliana,
I wish you the very best…everything will fall into place for you.
Kind regards,
Lisha (South Africa)

Synnøve

Posted at 3:41 PM on February 23, 2012

Iwish you and Bill all the best in the world.
I enjoyed watching your reality show.
You are a strong and positiv cople.

rita

Posted at 11:16 AM on February 23, 2012

i love bill for being there for his wife through all this.

a

Posted at 3:40 PM on February 23, 2012

agree! we need more men like him in the world!