Justin Bieber's New Music Buddy Carly Rae Jepsen — 5 Things You Need To Know

Wed, February 22, 2012 4:32pm EST by 17 Comments
Courtesy of Carly Rae Jepsen

Justin’s been tweeting up a storm about Carly, so it’s about time you get to know her!

The name Carly Rae Jepsen may not mean anything to right now, but it’s about to! Justin Bieber jumped to the defense of the 26-year-old Canadian songstress Feb. 22 after some of his fans started to rally against her — and with Justin by her side, you know it’s only a matter of time before she takes the world by storm. But who is Carly? HollywoodLife.com put together a list of the six things you should know about Justin’s protegé.

• Carly was signed to Scooter Braun‘s record label, Schoolboy Records, on Feb. 14.
  • Her first EP, Curiosity, was released Feb. 14 and features the hit single “Call Me Maybe.”
  • The success of “Call Me Maybe” marked the first time a Canadian singer hit the top of the digital charts since Justin’s “Baby.”
  • Her song “Tug Of War” won Song of the Year at the 2010 Canadian Radio Music Awards.
  • Her career began when she placed third on the fifth season of Canadian Idol back in 2007.

Carly even tweeted her admiration for the Biebs on Feb. 21 when they worked together in the studio! “My first impression of @justinbieber : he is passionate, talented, charming and did I mention talented?” she wrote. “He writes hits like its easy. Wow.”

It’s official: We’re Team Carly!

Watch Carly’s music video for “Call Me Maybe” below:

Loading video...

christine

Posted at 4:40 AM on July 11, 2012

my idol wish u come her and carly luv u

rimeditonsillite

Posted at 5:27 PM on May 8, 2012

Just desire to say your article is as amazing. The clearness in your put up is just excellent and that i can think you’re knowledgeable in this subject. Well with your permission allow me to snatch your feed to keep updated with approaching post. Thanks a million and please continue the rewarding work.

Jessyca

Posted at 9:55 AM on April 8, 2012

.I think Carly is super talented!! I love Call Me Maybe and I think she’ll go far! I had no idea she was on Canadian Idol! Well,, I think she has a bright future ahead of her!
and I think they should sing together

pinkadele99

Posted at 12:59 AM on April 5, 2012

I live in the UK so I only actually just heard Carly’s single ‘Call Me Maybe’ and I’m already hooked on it. I like Bieber and his songs but I wouldn’t say I’m a fan, whereas I know already that I’m gonna love Carly and all the rest of her songs. I searched her on Wikipedia and when I found she was 26/27 I couldn’t believe it, she looks so young for her age… Can’t wait to hear her next single, Much Love <3 xx

cp

Posted at 1:19 PM on March 14, 2012

Carly Rae is so cute! I may be bias because I’m Canadian, but she’ll go far. She’s already done well in Canada, just a short while before she takes the US.

navita

Posted at 8:53 AM on March 12, 2012

I love Justin bieber because he is cute and lovebly

justin bieber

Posted at 5:20 PM on March 15, 2012

I love you guys and I am coming to Canada at bramptom to see all my fans love you

Ummm...NO.

Posted at 3:10 PM on June 9, 2012

HA! Like anyone’s stupid to believe that you’re the real JB XD What a retard :L

erin

Posted at 2:20 PM on February 24, 2012

i am huge carly rae Jepson fan so i watched on Canadian idol so i knew her before justin bieber did

Torrey Bates

Posted at 11:21 AM on February 23, 2012

Justin my son like’s your music here mine cd’s do you have out in the sters

Romantic dating here

Posted at 8:52 AM on February 23, 2012

(WWW.weαlthychat.C/o/M) === Dating____M/i/l/lionaires!
↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑
★.☆°★.☆★.☆°★.☆
Join us and Shower the Happiness!
Romantic Club! Romantic Feeling!
Whoever You Are! However You Are Old!
Money Is Out of Question! Age Is Not A Problem!

cherie

Posted at 5:25 AM on February 23, 2012

i dont think Justin likes her in that way, he loves her music!! These little girls need to grow up, cause Justin is almost 18, and i got a feeling that he is going to start speaking his mind more, —BlackwhitePlanet.C0Mit’s where for men and women looking for interracial’ship for a fabulous lifestyle。It’s a nice place for black white sing’les, to interact with each other…no bounds or extremes in front of true love.

Anonymous

Posted at 8:11 PM on February 22, 2012

Congratulations to Carly , I think she will go far . && as well for Justin . Im not really a fan of Carly , but because I barley know her . But I’m a HUGE Beliber

Shayster

Posted at 7:40 PM on February 22, 2012

Wow girl

Posted at 7:20 PM on February 22, 2012

I wud not call myself a fan bcuz I’m jst not hearing about her bcuz of Justin bieber who I luv. I heard her song call me maybe 2 days ago and I luv it. wit Justin by her side I’m sure her music will be great…. good luck girl
Luv u Justin bieber I’m a big fan of yours

Sherri

Posted at 6:21 PM on February 22, 2012

I have been a Carly fan since she was on Canadian Idol. I knew she would be a big star! Congrats Carly!
From a fellow B.C. Resident

anonymous

Posted at 5:10 PM on February 22, 2012

Yeah, i read Justin Bieber’s tweets today.. You can tell, he was pissed that some of his beliebers disrespected Carly Rae jepsen.. He even said DAMN, which is unusual for him, especially on twitter!! But good for him, im glad he did it! These fans have got to understand that they need to respect Justins friends, family, girlfriend, etc.. I dont know why these fans would disrespect Carly Rae jepson, other than probably jealousy again, cause they think Justin has the hots for her, or just dont like the attention she is getting from him.. its called she is part of their team now, get over it little kids!! She is 26 years old, i dont think Justin likes her in that way, he loves her music!! These little girls need to grow up, cause Justin is almost 18, and i got a feeling that he is going to start speaking his mind more, since he will be an adult next week, and some of these beliebers might not like what they hear if they keep up this drama!!