Justin’s been tweeting up a storm about Carly, so it’s about time you get to know her!
The name Carly Rae Jepsen may not mean anything to right now, but it’s about to! Justin Bieber jumped to the defense of the 26-year-old Canadian songstress Feb. 22 after some of his fans started to rally against her — and with Justin by her side, you know it’s only a matter of time before she takes the world by storm. But who is Carly? HollywoodLife.com put together a list of the six things you should know about Justin’s protegé.
- Carly was signed to Scooter Braun‘s record label, Schoolboy Records, on Feb. 14.
- Her first EP, Curiosity, was released Feb. 14 and features the hit single “Call Me Maybe.”
- The success of “Call Me Maybe” marked the first time a Canadian singer hit the top of the digital charts since Justin’s “Baby.”
- Her song “Tug Of War” won Song of the Year at the 2010 Canadian Radio Music Awards.
- Her career began when she placed third on the fifth season of Canadian Idol back in 2007.
Carly even tweeted her admiration for the Biebs on Feb. 21 when they worked together in the studio! ”My first impression of @justinbieber : he is passionate, talented, charming and did I mention talented?” she wrote. “He writes hits like its easy. Wow.”
It’s official: We’re Team Carly!
Watch Carly’s music video for “Call Me Maybe” below: