A Pregnant Model Walks The Runway Naked At London Fashion Week

Tue, February 21, 2012 6:04pm EDT by 21 Comments
Pregnant Model London

This model is eight months pregnant, but that didn’t stop her from baring it all at fashion week! Is this going TOO far?

Model and former Miss Wales Sophia Cahill walked in milliner Robyn ColesLondon Fashion Week show wearing nothing but a hat, according to The Daily Mail! Models often bare it all, but is this too much? She’s eight months pregnant!

Robyn says she wanted Sophia in her show because pregnant women rarely walk the catwalk. “She was one person I knew would be more than happy to get her kit off,” she says. “I thought it would be nice she would be pregnant for the show. You never see that kind of thing in fashion.”

This was Robyn’s debut show, so she admits the nude models was a bid for more publicity.

“As an unknown designer, you have to find ways of getting people to your show,” she explains. “I wanted to use different models and different sizes. I’m a big believer in that. With accessories like hats, it doesn’t matter what size or shape you are.”

What do YOU think, HollyMoms? Is this going TOO far?

More from London Fashion Week:

1. Poor Kristen Stewart Admits She’s Not Good With Photos — Just Like Robert Pattinson!
  2. Rosie Huntington-Whiteley Looks White Hot In London Wearing Burberry!
  3. Beyonce Speaks Out For The First Time About Her Pregnancy: ‘I’m So Proud & Excited!’

pick up college girls

Posted at 12:03 PM on May 22, 2012

Excellent items from you, man. I have understand your stuff previous to and you’re just too great. I actually like what you have acquired here, really like what you’re stating and the way by which you say it. You make it entertaining and you continue to take care of to stay it smart. I can not wait to learn much more from you. That is really a terrific website.

shop online clothing women

Posted at 2:57 PM on May 21, 2012

I like the valuable info you supply on your articles. I will bookmark your blog and check again right here regularly. I’m reasonably certain I will learn plenty of new stuff proper right here! Best of luck for the next!

women

Posted at 6:16 AM on May 10, 2012

You really make it seem so easy with your presentation however I find this topic to be really something which I believe I would by no means understand. It seems too complicated and extremely vast for me. I am looking forward to your next publish, I will attempt to get the hold of it!

Connie Kuramoto

Posted at 8:40 AM on March 4, 2012

Ladies…the human body is beautiful..pregnant or not. She is modeling a hat. She has chosen to do this. A brood sow! did someone really call a woman that? Now THAT is disgusting, not the beautiful pregnant woman in the picture who is proud of her body and has a right to be.

Connie Kuramoto

Posted at 8:36 AM on March 4, 2012

Beautiful!

Kelsey

Posted at 8:35 PM on February 28, 2012

who cares! its her body! and just because she did this, doesnt mean that she’s a bad mom. she stated that she wanted to support her family. just because she walked the catwalk naked, doesn’t mean she’s going to raise her children with the mindset of “sex, drugs and rock’n’roll”. i applaud her for her courage!!

Tayo

Posted at 5:36 AM on February 27, 2012

This is terribly bad you are a disgrace to motherhood infact this lady should be imprisoned

Jenna

Posted at 12:59 AM on February 27, 2012

WTH?? was that lady crazy??…this IS going too far!!…C’mon now, she’s gonna have a baby in a few month n she is walking NAKED on the ramp??… what would her baby think of her when it’ll grow up?…what would she MAKE the baby like ??…that’s disgusting :

Lea

Posted at 11:16 PM on February 26, 2012

If she’s not wearing clothes, what the hell is she modeling?

Soopy

Posted at 2:15 PM on February 25, 2012

what does nudity have to do with fashion???????????? IT’s a fashion show- if I attend the show, I expect to see CLOTHES not some eight month pregnant model walking around naked. Personally- I have no ambition to see her nor do I think it’s appropriate. It’s about fashion, not showing shock by having a very pregnant model exploit herself and her baby.

jessi

Posted at 3:17 PM on February 23, 2012

From the article, it sounds as though everyone in this designer’s show walked nude. I don’t see what the big deal is. It’s just skin and I find it ridiculous to be offended or grossed out from the same things everyone on this planet has. Do you gasp in horror at your naked self or take a bath with your eyes closed? If so then I guess I understand why you’re appalled by seeing a person in his or her birthday suit.

Cat

Posted at 12:36 PM on February 23, 2012

quick question. who was the idiot that let her go on the runway naked? i mean there has to be like 80 people back there someone had to have seen her

c

Posted at 4:51 PM on February 22, 2012

have a little modesty, you’re going to be a mother for gods sake.

jazzy

Posted at 5:59 PM on February 26, 2012

She already is a mum to a son who’s about 9 years old!

Kathryn

Posted at 1:54 PM on February 22, 2012

I’m willing to bet anything that the same people who said that it was a harmless publicity stunt, would scream bloody murder if the naked model wasn’t knocked-up.

gbtw

Posted at 4:33 PM on February 22, 2012

why would they scream bloody murder? the nudity is just unnecessary, and i don’t see how it promotes the actual fashion other than to get people to remember the name of the designer who tried to cause a scene- but i don’t see how it’s offensive, pregnant or not. it just doesn’t really make a statement about the line— is anyone going to pay attention to the hat a naked lady is wearing? i don’t think i would. i think you’d lose that bet you want to make…

SaneinSA

Posted at 1:52 PM on February 22, 2012

It’s disgusting. Nobody wants to see piggo bodies naked. Cover it up “ladies”. Once you become a brood sow you quit being attractive.

Courtney

Posted at 8:45 AM on February 22, 2012

oh please this is harmless Claudia Schiffer did the same thing on the cover of German Vogue in April 2010 when she was pregnant with her 3rd child Cosima Violet and nobody said anything

gbtw

Posted at 4:37 PM on February 22, 2012

claudia was not the first (demi did it nearly 20 years before that, and britney did it in 2006 or so), and i could care less about seeing a naked female body- i saw plenty of my own naked body, it’s not novel to me. but, i must say that a still shot of a naked woman taken on a closed-ish set is quite a bit different than WALKING naked up on a runway with 100’s of people watching you… regardless, it doesn’t showcase her clothing line.

gbtw

Posted at 7:08 PM on February 21, 2012

i like that she admits it was a publicity stunt. i mean, whatever… it’s a naked lady who happens to have a baby growing inside of her. whatever. i don’t see the point, but, don’t really feel offended b/c she’s not pretending it’s anything other than a publicity stunt. i’m sure the woman looked lovely, though the stunt doesn’t really add to the designer’s line.

helllokitty2142