'Jane By Design' Recap: Jane Finally Stands Up To India

Tue, February 21, 2012 10:58pm EST by 7 Comments
Courtesy of ABC Family

Everyone got what they deserved on the Feb. 21 episode of ‘Jane By Design,’ and I’m now a proud member of Team Jane.

My Jane By Design recaps typically include a list of all the ways that Jane (Erica Dasher) ruined the lives of her friends and family on any given week — but believe it or not, the Feb. 21 episode actually found our plucky little fashionista using her powers for good. Not only did she bring Nick (Matthew Atkinson) and Billy (Nick Roux) closer together, but she also saved Jeremy’s (Rowly Dennis) job! Oh, and did I mention she took down India (India de Beaufort) in the process?

When a snooty socialite (Autumn Reeser) demanded that Donovan Decker redesign her wedding dress in 24 hours, Jeremy lost his mind — and nearly lost his job along with it. But thanks to Jane’s brilliant new design idea, the team was able to whip up the perfect replacement just in time. India tried to steal credit for Jane’s sketch, but it didn’t take long for the truth to come out.

Meanwhile, Nick and Billy bonded over nachos on what was supposed to be a group outing with Jane. And it turns out that Paula Abdul song was on to something, because Nick and Billy — who seemed to be opposites — totally attracted. And all it took was a bar fight with three dudes named Adam!

In the episode’s final moments, Jeremy finally kicked India to the curb for what she did to Jane, sending her straight into the waiting arms of a mystery man named Richard. (You’d think this would be the part where I theorize that “Richard” is actually Jane’s mom in disguise, but you’d be wrong. Maybe)

In the end, not only did the socialite love Jane’s wedding dress, but she even made it Nick’s baseball game in time. For once, I’ve got to say I fully support Jane Quimby. She got the job done and got the guy — and she did it all on her own.

Seriously, was this not the best episode of Jane By Design yet? How much did you love watching Billy and Nick’s little bromance blossom?

— Andy Swift

Follow Andy on Twitter for more Jane By Design updates

Susanna

Posted at 4:36 AM on June 5, 2013

Is there any chance You might know who designed the weddingdress? I want it for my own wedding!! :)

Pati

Posted at 12:00 AM on February 29, 2012

i loooved when jane was about to get out of the car and she kissed Billy super close to his mouth, i now i’m just dreaming about them because of how things are looking right now they are probably never gonna happen, or at least in a near future but still, a girl can dream! Love your recaps Andy.

Karmen

Posted at 3:27 PM on February 27, 2012

Does anybody have the feeling that Jeremy will throw a pass at Jane? Maybe not because she is a minor and this is ABC family…but on the other way, we have another “forbidden” couple -Aria and Ezra on Pretty Little Liars-. For now, she is in love with Nick and it’s quite clear that they are already a couple…but…what would you do if a man like Jeremy would show love interest on you?…to be honest…I don’t know ;>)

(Sorry for my english…my native tongue is spanish)

Val

Posted at 12:19 AM on February 24, 2012

But…Jane put Jeremy’s job at risk in the first place, so I can’t give her much credit for saving it. And she wasn’t even gonna stay for the moment of truth!

Ben and Nick were a lot of fun though. :)

Am I the only one who feels sorry for India? She was gonna give Jane credit but Jeremy was being a jerk, dismissing India’s offer to help and hurting her feelings, and acting like she (India) could never in a million years come up with a great design… she obviously wanted Jeremy to have a higher opinion of her. It’s too bad the opposite happened.

Val

Posted at 12:20 AM on February 24, 2012

Ooop! I meant BILLY and Nick, of course. Duh. :) I must be missing Ben or something. ;) (I’m definitely missing Ben – he’s my fav)

Vera

Posted at 6:43 AM on February 22, 2012

I totally love your reviews Andy! <3 Can't wait for next week's. I don't really ship Jane with anyone, so I am just enjoying the show. it's so funny and sweet. One of the best I've ever seen.

HopeLessRomantic

Posted at 11:06 PM on February 21, 2012

I like the bromance, but I can’t wait for next weeks episode, it looked awesome! My favorite part of the episode was when Jane kissed Billy very close to his lips ;) Team Billy! I was sad that India and Jeremy broke it off for good, they were growing on me :( Love you Andy ;D