Family Won't Send Bobbi Kristina To Rehab Yet, Says Source

Tue, February 21, 2012 12:54pm EST by 16 Comments
Bobbi Kristina Brown

HollywoodLife has learned that Cissy Houston thinks it’s not the right time to put a devastated Bobbi Kristina in rehab.

Bobbi Kristina Brown is having a very difficult time dealing with the loss of her mother Whitney Houston. But a source reveals to HollywoodLife.com that, even though Bobbi has been hospitalized twice and was reportedly on suicide watch, her family — especially grandmother Cissy Houston — doesn’t want to put her in a treatment facility.

“Cissy feels like it’s way too soon to send Bobbi Kristina away to rehab with a bunch of people she doesn’t know. It’s just too soon. Cissy wants to spend quality time with her granddaughter right now. She desperately wants to support her,” a source tells HollywoodLife.com exclusively.

“She feels that Bobbi Kristina needs to be around close friends and family members right now. Cissy has already taken Bobbi Kristina to see a top therapist to deal with the loss of her mom. She feels that therapy coupled with family support is the best way to help Bobbi Kristina right now,” the insider adds.

Do you think this is the right thing to do, HollywoodLifers? Or should Bobbi Kristina get treatment away?

– Reporting by Sandra Clark

More Whitney Houston News

1. Bobbi Kristina Looked ‘Wasted’ At Whitney Houston’s Burial, Says Insider
  2. Whitney Houston’s Daughter Bobbi Kristina Was Not Doing Drugs After Funeral, Insist Relatives
  3. Whitney Houston’s Daughter Bobbi Kristina Thinks Her Family Is Using Her

Tee

Posted at 1:14 PM on April 23, 2012

Bobby kristina, come to Jesus christ. Do not get in bondage to drugs, alcohol and cigarettes. Jesus died to set you free from the powerof sin. Stop nightclubbing and partying. It leads to hell. Accept Jesus christ into your heart as your lord and personal saviour. Do not follow the whorish example of Whitney houston. Whitney is in hell. Hell is real. Repent from your wayward, whorish and debaucherous lifestyle.

Snoopy

Posted at 1:01 PM on March 5, 2012

Just give her a big bag of crack and let her be, she deserves a few hits for losing her crackwhore mama

britney

Posted at 4:23 PM on February 24, 2012

My deepest heart felt condolences to you and your family for the lost of whitney. She will be missed. Now is the best time for intervention. Denial will only make it worse. You being by kristina’s side while she is going through treatment will give her strength .

BUNNY

Posted at 6:13 AM on February 23, 2012

CISSY, PLEASE TAKE THAT GIRL TO REHAB, U WERE IN DENIAL OF WHITNEY AND LOOK WHAT HAPPENED, ALL HER SO CALLED FRIENDS R GONNA BE READY TO GET HER ON WHATEVER THEY R ON SO SHE CAN SUPPLY THIER HABBITS TOO, SO STOP STALLING BEFORE ITS TOO LATE, GOD BLESS YOUR ENTIRE FAMILY

Tee

Posted at 8:48 PM on February 22, 2012

It is very obvious that Bobbi Christina needs to go through much healing and much of that is related to her relationship with her mother and father. Even though she was close to Whitney, there is still a lot of things she encountered from that relationship that were not positive and, to be honest, quite painful. Every human being on earth wants a connection with their parents and when they don’t have one or they have an unhealthy connection, there needs to be healing. Otherwise things like substance abuse (addiction), bad relationships, low self esteem etc. will very likely manifest. Basically a person tends to be dysfunctional. The grandmother is being emotional and making a lot of wrong moves in my professional opinion.

Please don't start hunting after Bobbi Kristina, now!

Posted at 2:32 PM on February 22, 2012

Bobbi Kristina, your Mom will always stay your Mom, and you will always be your Mommy’s daughter.
She’s right there within your heart.

Yes, I think that Cissy is doing the right thing. It is good to get her help from a therapist after Whitney’s spirit has left her body and now putting her in a stationary rehab facility would just make it worse for her!

She should stay with the family, as long as it’s possible. What she needs now is to feel that she is still being loved and this job can hardly be done by strangers who just know her from a TV set or the Internet, when she herself would be shut away from her family… .

And therapists, especailly in a different location would need time to gain her trust. First of all, Bobbi Kristina needs time to find her new role in her life, to deal with the fact that she is still a daughter and her Mom is just not here on earth anymore. Cissy is surely the right person to calm her down when she is feeling bad, and call her local therapist whenever she is in need of.

Rehab in that situation would be a no-go unless she would have really no supportive family at all (and she has a such loving grandmother) OR would suddenly get highly suicidal, I wouldn’t say it would be an option for Bobbi Kristina, and this would not be an option for anybody else, too.

Bobbi Kristina needs love, protection, shelter.
She will ask herself: “Why?”.
She will cry her heart out, as well as she will smile about the loving memories she shares with her mother. She may feel insecure. That’s exactly why now she needs people around her that know her.

I hope that Bobbi Kristina will not follow Whitney’s foot steps when it comes to drug abuse/alcohol problems, and I hope that Whitney will send her little one right back on earth if she should ever be in danger of losing her life too early. I hope this will never happen to Bobbi Kristina. Let Bobbi Kristina decide, what she wants to do with her life. If she wants to sing, she should go for it. If she doesn’t, don’t bother insisting. Bobbi Kristina will have to find out for herself who she is and what she wants to do. She will probably need time to get to that point but she will get there. She will have to change her role from “I am just Whitney’s daughter” into “I am Bobbi Kristina Brown, also daughter of the famous singer Whitney Houston, and yet, I am a unique person that has her very own identity”. I wish for Bobbi Kristina to find out who she is, and that at her own pace. She’s only 18. Just because she’s someone’s famous daughter, doesn’t make it more easy to decide on knowing who one really is, and where it’s going in life.

Before you start judging other people, start thinking about your own mistakes and bad habits – we are only people and we all have limited time on this planet called earth – may we share it in friendship and peace rather than in being fiends and at war. For we only have one earth to live on.
We should spend our time here in harmony, whenever possible.

Bobbi Kristina has any right to be sad or down – she’s just dealing with the death of her mother. Give a little respect to Bobbi Kristina. She deserves it. Why are those f*cked up magazines asking questions like “Did she use drugs…?”? Blah Blah. Just because it sells better, huh? Dear Yellow Press, don’t invent stories that are not true or not quite sure to be true. Thank you very much.

Jamai

Posted at 5:34 PM on February 22, 2012

Totally Agree!!

Jackie Marie

Posted at 1:22 PM on February 22, 2012

I’ll keep it short and simple. Whitney died and I’m sad as if she was family. Bobbi Kristina lost her mom. Leave that family alone and respect their privacy just like you would want yours to be respected. I’m appalled that this site is writing this crap as well as other media outlets. Where are the morals and values now a days. This crap is sickening and there are no boundaries at all

Nicolla

Posted at 1:12 PM on February 22, 2012

You tormented her all through her career and now she’s gone..I guess your gonna torment her baby also until something happens to her..I have no choice but to believe they want these bad things to happen. Let this baby grieve. Let cissy grieve. Whitney was tortured enough, let her rest peacefully please. This whole thing I just heartbreaking

Judy

Posted at 1:07 PM on February 22, 2012

Simple..yeah Whitney was once an addict as many people are she is human. Ok, it’s known she had anxiety and this dates back to early on in her career, but maybe we should ask why all of this..not only things in her personal life that she was hurting from but a big reason is the media. That’s the problem and they have always been the problem. We can go back and forth on the addiction and the cause but the real answers comes from why this occurred..why self medicate..why was there so much pain…when you take a step back and asked those questions you find out a simple answer and it’s root is all of this crap..the judging, the media, the lies. I mean really with all of that on your heart and brain and I’m pretty sure it so much more that we don’t know, but with all of that even if she had never taken drugs a day in her life something was bound to happen. Poor Whitney. I’m so happy that I was a true fan from day one and I never once spoke bad about her nor did I read the trash about her because I have common sense to know 95% of the crap are lies. I’m happy that I’m not judgmental and saw this beautiful spirit to be a good person from the day she stepped on the scene to the day she died. The moral of the story isn’t just about addiction, I think the main moral is to leave people alone, let them be, stop lying, stop judging, stay out of their business because it called a personal life for a reason. Then maybe if all of those things are done people wouldn’t self medicate or turn to drinking and drugs..just maybe. Rest in peace Whitney.

Daisy

Posted at 12:55 PM on February 22, 2012

The problem is, there’s no privacy, there are too many lies. That’s the problem. The media tortured Whitney from the time she came on the scene to the very end..so they want to know how Whitney died..simple they were part of it. How much can a person take before they break. When you are that big there are way more pressures than anyone could possibly bare before something happens. If times were like they use to be I guarantee you we wouldn’t see so many deaths like this. Papparazi wasn’t as bad, magazines weren’t as bad, there was no internet to fuel any of the crap, no facebook or twitter. It’s becoming to much now. That woman gave herself to us so now it’s time for her family to have her. Let these people grieve in peace. Just like we all have a past, have sinned, ad have skeletons and we are forgiven and not judged based on our past; she and the rest of them should be the same. If we all were judged by our past then hell all of us would be holding hands in hell. Enough is enough already. Now it’s been said that national enquirer has leaked pics of Whitney in her casket. It’s going way too far now. I see why she had anxiety. Having to sing perfect, and try to love normal as possible then have people act like they know her and make up stories about her. I would be on xanax too..let this family grieve before something else happens sheesh. This is making me sick to my stomach and it’s ticking me off because there seems to be no boundaries at all

Susan

Posted at 12:45 PM on February 22, 2012

Dena, I agree with everything you said. I’m just wondering when will these people get a clue that maybe just maybe these people would have a chance at life if the media, papparazi, magazines let them be. There is way too much pressure put on these people to be perfect..the fans and media paint these pictures of what they want these people to be, with no room for mistakes. There’s not limit to what they will do and not to mention family or so called friends selling them out. We don’t know the many things Whitney was going through because I’m sure it was more than many could bare, but what ido know is it seems that Whitney just wanted love and she took care of others and didn’t think about herself. It has been far too many people saying the same things about her and this was even whn she was alive so there has to be truth to that completely. The media is so hellbent on making up stories or saying what they think she died from. I just wish they will let the professionals do their jobs. It has been said that Whitney was truely clean from drugs and everyone knew she was taking this anxiety meds. I believe that story and I don’t believe she was dealing with alcoholism at all. I think like many, it was a mistake. I hate to admit it but I remember when I was in college I was on antidepressants like Xanax and I remember drinking with mine but not really rwlaizing what I was doing. I wasn’t trying to harm myself at all; I just wasn’t thinking. I know of many people have done the same thing; we all do. What I do know is Whitney will not be remember as a troubled soul; most will remember her as what she was-the biggest pop icon and the best singer. We can’t take one thing out of her life and criticize or judge when she has done way more positive than negative. I’m so saddened and I’m still grieving over her lost. I know if Bobbi Kristina is feeling anything like I felt when I lost my father when I was 14, I know that she’s pretty much numb and dead on the inside and she will need so much time to cope. She will need time alone and she will need time with her family. She will most likely need therapy for a long time. And I hate to sound cruel but she probably doesn’t want to see her father because it’s apparent he wasn’t that present in her life and though Whitney was a grown up, everyone knows Bobby was jealous of her and brought her down. I just feel sorry that it was Whitney who had to leave us. I just hope the media gets the clue tht it’s not okay to keep printing these lies because they tortured Whitney and their most likely torturing Bobbi Kristina and cissy

Jamai

Posted at 5:31 PM on February 22, 2012

Well spoken Susan.

Jamai

Posted at 11:02 AM on February 22, 2012

The poor baby needs time to grieve her mother. You can’t just push her to go to rehab right away. She needs time. God bless her and the rest of the family.

Diana

Posted at 4:09 PM on February 21, 2012

I agree Shalybe. She’s such a beautiful girl.

Shalybe Houston