'Bachelor' Host Chris Harrison Defends Courtney Robertson's Lies

Tue, February 21, 2012 9:37am EDT by 17 Comments
Ben Flajnik And Courtney Robertson

becstar

Posted at 3:27 PM on March 7, 2012

Does anyone see through her ‘apology’? She was feeling the most remorse for what SHE has gone through in the press. She cried and talked about how painful it was to be ridiculed in the mags, and that her family suffered. At no point did she express genuine sorrow for how she made the other women feel. She is sorry for causing herself problems.

stephen

Posted at 5:54 PM on March 6, 2012

I luv Courtney. She is incredibly clever and understands men and this game better than the other contestants. I think she sees the big picture better than anyone on this show. She’s used this platform to elevate her status for fame and notoriety. Mission accomplished.

She’s fallen in love with a concept… Ben is just a small part of the whole package. A real modern day fairytale.

linda m.

Posted at 5:32 PM on February 28, 2012

I think the show has finally hit rock bottom. I know the show is only concerned about ratings. We at home are looking for the contestant to find true love. Courntey has taken the best parts of this show away from us. I have been disgusted by her comments and nicknames of the other ladies she is competing against. She is a very immature girl who has certainly been around the block. Who hasn’t she dated before coming on the show. It’s clear to me that she is in this for “the win.” The producers need to get more involved and stop this kind of stuff from happening or the show will just fad away into the sunset……..

Susan Davis

Posted at 11:11 PM on February 27, 2012

I guess I am the one who is getting played, as I despise Courtney, Bentley and Vienna and don’t think any of them should have ever been on the show. Why wasn’t Courtney sent home by the show when she cheated and showed up at Ben’s door? She is seriously one of the most disturbed people I have ever watched. She twitches, her mouth is hideous, and her baby voice and over bite make me crazy. I am beginning to not find Ben attractive anymore.

JoannK

Posted at 9:46 PM on February 27, 2012

Courtney probably is not in love, but she may be telling the truth that this is a relationship in which she hasn’t “felt this way before”. Ben was probably first guy who had control of relationship and calling her out on her bad behavior.

Cali65

Posted at 2:24 PM on February 23, 2012

I wonder what Chris thinks now… now that it has been established those heartfelt vows were actually stolen from Sex in the City???? Come on Chris, if you have to be deceptive to get someone, you have to be deceptive to keep him. This is definitely a relationship that will not go far.

sherri

Posted at 5:58 PM on February 22, 2012

BEN NEEDS A HAIR CUT

Jen

Posted at 11:17 PM on February 21, 2012

I think Lilly may be right. The producers know the situation with Courtney and Ben has basically made a mockery of the show. They edit a lot.

Bee

Posted at 5:46 PM on February 21, 2012

When she screws up her mouth like that she looks like
THE CHURCH LADY from SNL! All the men in her life “deceived” her? Uh oh…..RUN BEN, RUN

Lilly

Posted at 2:51 PM on February 21, 2012

I think the producers of the Bachelor are actually doing “damage control.” Everyone knows Courtney is immature and is only in this to “win.” Unfortunately, it has nothing to with actually liking Ben. I believe the preview they showed for next week showing Courtney supposedly having regret about her behavior toward the girls was filmed after the show was over. No one wants Ben to pick Courtney so the producers had to come up with something to help win the audience over. It’s just too convenient that all of a sudden Ben is making comments about not wanting someone who can’t get along with others, and Courtney is re-thinking her poor behavior. It’s a show and we (the audience) are being played . . .

L DAVIS

Posted at 2:15 PM on February 21, 2012

cOURTNEY IS A LAIR, SHE PLAYS WITH HER EVERYTIME HE ASKS HER A QUESTION. AND IF YOU ARE SUSPOSE TO WRITE YOUR OWN VOWS THEN WHY DID SHE HAVE A SMALL PIECE OF PAPER THAT SHE WAS READING ALONG WITH WHATEVER SHE WROTE DOWN. SHE IS A FAKE AND BEN NEEDS TO WAKE UP.

Molly

Posted at 1:54 PM on February 21, 2012

Emily O. was not wrong when she said that Courtney probably has some kind of undiagnosed social disorder. She has a pretty face and it masks the weird way she interacts with people. It might be entirely possible that she has narcissistic personality disorder. If Ben picks her, he’s going to get torn in half by her. She just seems very, very off.

lily555

Posted at 12:50 PM on February 21, 2012

Kourtney bring text already writtin by someone else and
she has problem lying “i love you ” her body language said
I just want other free trip to swiss, she knew she need to tell , because everyone else was saying it !!! It was part of manipulation and you can see , she is very uncomfortable with lies..she is trembling and lips are very ugly.SHe is playing him for free trips around the world !!
patetic

LittelMo

Posted at 12:26 PM on February 21, 2012

If anybody thinks that Courtney is even the least bit sincere about Ben all I can say is they are one lamb chop short of a mixed grill, there is no bulb in the socket, there are no crows sitting on their phone line, they are missing the french fries from their Happy meal, the cheese has slipped off their cracker, etc. etc. etc. There is no excuse for what she did and how she acted. When a relationship starts out as a game, when the game’s over contrary to “winning” the relationship is over, too.

Holly

Posted at 10:41 AM on February 21, 2012

I think it was hard for her to “spit it out” b/c she doesn’t really love Ben, she loves the idea of winning. She still seemed insincere to me and in it for herself.

jan

Posted at 10:24 AM on February 21, 2012

I grew up feeling like no one would love me because I wasn’t beautiful. I owe this fear partially to movies and shows like the Bachelor. The movies always portrayed the less attractive girls as the slapstick comedian who was cast for the laughs. She was the funny sidekick to the beautiful heroine who finds love in the end, while her very plain Jane friend is overlooked. I could never imagine the plain Jane making love. After all, she didn’t have a perfect body. There are only a handful of films like The Truth about Cats and Dogs where this isn’t true, although even Jeanine Garaffalo’s (sp?) character in that movie was pretty. But just recently I read a very funny and heartwarming novel that helped me to see that true love can come to the plain Janes (and Joe)s of the world. It is called What the Heart Sees by Janice Zick. I found it at the Desert Breeze Publishing.com site. Oops, no spaces. What a breath of fresh air it was. I love, love, loved it. I laughed and cried throughout the book.

SharifromMilwaukee

Posted at 9:58 AM on February 21, 2012

Hmmmm. Don’t know what to think — yes, I think Courtney has feelings for Ben but it truly doesn’t excuse how she treated the other women. I still can’t get over how she would not accept Emily’s apology—it takes alot for an apology and she kind of slapped Emily in the face. To me, that is true to who she is and all of the “I wish I hadn’t been mean to the girls” talk doesn’t excuse how she really is in her soul. This girl needs a little therapy.