'The Lying Game' Recap: Sutton Breaks Up Ethan & Emma

Mon, February 20, 2012 10:36pm EDT by 73 Comments
Courtesy of ABC Family

Plus, do you think Alec really killed Derek? The proof is in the texts.

With Ethan (Blair Redford) behind bars and a killer on the loose, tensions were running high on the Feb. 20 episode of The Lying Game — and Sutton (Alexandra Chando) decided to use the chaos as an opportunity to screw with Emma.

Pretending to be her sister, Sutton paid a visit to Ethan — who clearly hasn’t learned how to tell the difference between the twins — and told him that “she” slept with Thayer (Christian Alexander) while he was away.

To make matters even bitchier, Sutton later lied to Emma and told her she slept with Ethan while they were away at his ranch!

Meanwhile, Rebecca (Charisma Carpenter) began to grow suspicious of Alec (Adrian Pasdar), especially when someone texted her a picture of Alec literally attacking Derek (Ben Elliott) with a crow bar at the scene of his murder. (It looks like Phoenix has an “A” of its very own!) Alec was so shaken by this that he told the judge to drop the entire case on grounds of “insufficient evidence.”

Laurel (Allie Gonino) and Baz (Adam Brooks) also got their flirt on when they learned their band was accepted as an alternate performer at Coachella! I won’t even discuss how crazy that is — I’ll just enjoy how adorable these two are together. While I love Randy Wayne, you can’t deny Laurel and Baz work so much better together.

Let’s figure this out, shall we? Do you think Alec really killed Derek? Is Rebecca working against him? And how much do you hate Sutton now? See you in the comments section!

— Andy Swift

Follow Andy on Twitter for more Lying Game updates

Posted at 7:07 PM on January 4, 2013

Alec is a very suspicious person, but not sure about the murder, later in the story there will probably be a twist that shows that Alec was framed and is truly innocent, because if it isn’t like that, the story would be very predictable.(and that is not AT ALL what The Lying Game is like)
I’m not so sure about Rebecca, she is a very recent character, so, by far, maybe she is, or maybe not working against her husband [Alec].
Do I hate Sutton more than before? I really don’t know, she can be a very different person at times, like at the Ranch she was all sweet like Emma. Probably I hate her gutts for being a jerk because she can’t just get away from playing all of the people around her, especially taking advantage of Thayer and Ethan’s feelings is just plain WRONG! I personally believe that in the end, she’ll be arrested or something horrible would happen to her [no offense to the viewers that may love her, although I doubt that. ]

jasmin

Posted at 4:57 PM on March 19, 2012

I admit what sitting is doing is wrong but I can understand I mean Emma did kinda steal het boyfriend whom she was in live with. So..yesh I don’t hate her I like her and I feel sympathy for her.

Posted at 7:16 PM on January 4, 2013

Jasmin, the things is, yes you can look at it like Emma stole her boyfriends, but at first, she was just trying to make Ethan public so, maybe, Sutton and Ethan don’t have to sneak around anymore. [to do like a favor for her sister]
And also, Ethan was the one who kissed Emma at the prom, and Emma (having also developed feelings for him although she tried not to express them) kissed him back.
Lets just say, we all know that Ethan can/has/will fall VERY EASILY for both sisters.
And probably this wouldn’t have happened if Sutton didn’t bring Emma into her life (litterarly)
but even if Ethan didn’t go with Emma, with Sutton attitude, no offense, I know that he(or Sutton) would fall for someone else, and their relationship will be the thigns of the past.
So, I have one question for you, Would you rather have Ethan date Emma or some other girl?
and when your answering that, please please, put your sympathy toward Sutton away, and think about it through Ethan’s eyes.
Sorry if I sounded harsh :D no hard feelings?

Becki

Posted at 3:14 PM on February 28, 2012

Oh my god. Does anyone else love Baz and Laurel together! They are so adorable! Rebecca and Ted are Sutton and Emma’s parents, I’m pretty sure. I’m not sure how Rebecca knows Annie though. But Ethan told Sutton though that she means nothing to him so he’s probably going to try and get Emma back. Wow I wrote a lot. But I just love this show so much. Alec obviously killed Derek, and who knows who else. I wouldn’t trust the man at all. I mean, why else would he close the case up so quickly? I can’t believe that Rebecca and Alec are getting married. That was so planned. I wonder what she’s hiding, and i can’t believe that Ted was the love of her life. Poor Kristen she keeps being lied to.

OmgPee

Posted at 7:47 AM on February 27, 2012

this is more intriguing than i thought this whole show was goin to be….. and as for Sutton i don’t even know what to kal her….. she def aint acting like a twin…. i cant say i hate her but what she is doing is sooo freaking wrong…. omg i, in love with this freaking show….. i love every bit of this show…….

Pati

Posted at 1:07 AM on February 25, 2012

I hate the bitch, i mean how could you do such bad things to your twin sister!? she’s pure evil. But i loooooove the show

Martine

Posted at 10:08 AM on February 22, 2012

OH and to the IDIOTS below who are talking about Thayer being “behind it all” ; How can you be so stupid? Thayer is th same age as Emma and Sutton. maybe a year older. How can he be behind their adoption when he was one years old at the time? Explain that, will you? or do you think maybe Thayer is their birth mother? Do you think that a one year old boy had twins? My gosh that stupid. Thayer has no money outside what his dad gives him. He has no secrets at all. He has known Sutton scince kindergarden. He is just a nice kid, smart, honest. Who was in love with Sutton, and wanted to trust his dad. Sutton came to him for help, and he helped cos he loved her. Now he is friends with Emma, and I don’t think he loves Sutton any more. I think Sutton has lost the only guy that really could love her!

secrets

Posted at 1:35 PM on February 22, 2012

Nobody implied that at all. He is not behind the whole birth mother-thing. However he was at the garage and he sent Emma the keep on being Sutton note.

Posted at 7:22 PM on January 4, 2013

wait, How do you know that Thayer sent that note to Emma?? Well, I guess you could be right, I can TOTALLY expect that kind of a twist from the story. And how was HE at the garage??

Martine

Posted at 9:40 AM on February 22, 2012

I also love what a great contrast it made when Emma and Thayer were working to help Ethan they just became good friends. How loyal Emma is to Ethan. What a difference while Sutton didn’t do anything to help Erthan( she doesn’t love him at all) but she did what she could to break up him and Emma. I can’t wait until this blows up in Suttons ugly mean face!!! Oh and I am so glad that Mads realizes that Emma is her true friend, not Sutton.
In the end Sutton will realize she is all alone.

Martine

Posted at 9:27 AM on February 22, 2012

This show is perfect. I love how all the clues are totally fitting together perfectly. I love how its now obvious that annie Hobbs wasn’t the mother, but Rebeccaq might be. And the snake wasn’t derek. i am pretty sure ist someone else.

Candace_G

Posted at 5:25 PM on February 22, 2012

The “snake” was Derek. He said that he was the one in the car when Sutton drove into the lake and he was the one that Annie saw run off.

Posted at 7:27 PM on January 4, 2013

The snake is definitely Derrek, Annie said that he didn’t see the man’s face, BUT she did catch his arm (the one with the snake tattoo) So that makes PERFECT sense. And Derek sort of confessed about how he was just supposed to take Sutton to a sort of parking lot rather than drown her. But he didn’t say anything about who he was working for.
So, you might want to watch those few episodes again.

Michelle

Posted at 12:58 AM on February 22, 2012

I hate Sutton to the point where it makes me sad bc sisters/twins should have a bond esp. ones that were separated bc they lost all that time!! I don’t really want to see sisters fighting over a guy, it’s a little icky. Especially since Ethan can’t seem to tell them apart… gross.
I think Rebecca is the birth mother or knows who the borth mother is. I think Alec killed Derek or had someone else do it, which is just as bad.
After what Ethan did at the cabin he needs to go out of Emma’s life, she doesn’t need that. And Sutton needs slapped. Like a good old soap-opera slap!!

Posted at 7:36 PM on January 4, 2013

I know what Ethan did was wrong, but he is still (kind of) a great guy, I mean he did come clean before sleeping with Emma (which is a pretty BIG deal) I personally think the only reason he kissed Sutton was because, like he said he was messed up, ish. He was in hiding & he hadn’t seen Emma in a while. Sutton was acting sort of nice like Emma, and he just wanted it to be Emma so bad, that I guess he forgot that it was Sutton. I mean, it makes perfect sense, right?
I hope that in time, Ethan will be able to prove to Emma that he IS the one for her and that he really does love her. Until then, Ethan has to keep on being honest and loyal to Emma[even though they have broken up] , so he can gain back Emma’s trust. Because time is the only cure that can mend their broken relationship. I know Emma and Thayer are getting really close to each other and I get why and how, but I just don’t know which of them is truly the one for Emma or even Sutton.

Ariana

Posted at 10:16 PM on February 21, 2012

I hate Sutton so much. I think that some how in the end Emma would stay and Sutton would get sent to foster care.

Persiancat

Posted at 10:09 PM on February 21, 2012

I just found a website that shows all old episodes online. When you watch the older episodes before the holiday break which ended with Sutton driving into the lake, there were so many story lines going on like Alec being responsible for Derek stealing Sutton’s laptop and planting it on Ethan, Alec breaking into Thayer’s apartment, following him and Sutton, all information that proved Annie Hobbs was the birth mother, and everything seemed to add up until that point. But since the new episodes started in January it seems like they are contradicting and ignoring alot of those clues, almost like watching a different show. I like Rebecca’s character but it really was unnecessary and changed the whole storyline.

martine

Posted at 9:26 AM on February 22, 2012

Emma is so wonderful. i hope she never changes. I hate Sutton so much i just hope that now Emma starts fighting back. She isn’t weak, and now she has Mads and Thayer on her side. This show is the perfect blend of mystery and wonderful clues that all fit together and great characters.

Martine

Posted at 9:31 AM on February 22, 2012

No…you are completely ignoring the facts. Its still perfectly true that Alec got Derek to frame Ethan that has never been discarded. And all the clues were there, but they were simply misread. Annie was not the mother. She probably knows who the mother was, as does Rebbecca, and they have a connection. Just pay attention. All of us have seen the old episodes, and they are still just as important.
You are acting like they simply never explained WHY Annie wasn’t the mother, but they DID!!!!! She STOLE one of the babies.

Posted at 7:38 PM on January 4, 2013

The only thing I really wish to know is, WHY does Alec REALLY want Annie Hobbs to be locked up far away, when he, probably, knows who the real biological mother for Sutton(and Emma) is?

dana

Posted at 9:11 PM on February 21, 2012

I so love this show. Keep Emma innocent! And Thayer is innocent too. I sooo want Suttons parents to find out Thier are two of them or atleast her mom and sister. I think Rebecca is behind it all but in a good way bc she wants to stay in town. Some of these plot lines need.to start coming undone and some few ones form. Love the lying game. And I really want Sutton and emma to establish some kind of bond!!! Bring a new guy in for Emma she is better than being treated second you know she deserves a fairy tale!!

Guest

Posted at 7:40 AM on February 22, 2012

Emma is so not innocent: man-stealer, runs away from authorities, lies, impersonates, thinking of sleeping with a guy who has already slept with her sister (Sutton), NASTY.

Everyone on that show seems to choose wrong instead of right. No one is innocent.

Martine

Posted at 9:37 AM on February 22, 2012

Emma is perfectly innocent! Are you insane? She ran away from the authorities because her foster brother framed her because she wouldn’t have sex with him. And she had no way to prove her INNOCENCE! And she never stole anyone. Ethan didn’t belong to Sutton. She treated him like garbage and he left her, especially once he realized what a piece of trash Sutton was. Emma didn’t set out to steal anyone like Sutton did. They just honestly had feelings of love. There is nothing wrong with anything Emma has done. Emma has tried to love Sutton, but Sutton doesn’t care about anyone but herself. Even comparing them is disgusting.

Guest

Posted at 10:39 PM on February 27, 2012

Emma let her prejudice towards the justice system and her cowardice lead her into lies. She should have chosen truth every time no matter what. That wasn’t the FIRST time her step brother threatened her like this; Emma should have set-up a recording device somewhere, but nooooo, Emma just sat like a cow waiting to be slaughtered. She chose wrong every time, way before Sutton came into the picture.

But speaking of Sutton, every second she pretended to be her TWIN, it was a decision. She could have told Kristin and Ted the truth. But no, she endangers Suttons life; I don’t care how “brave” Sutton is, she’s a minor driving off to play detective. In what world is that an “A-OKAY” plan? Emma is not in her right mind because obviously she approved of that plan and went along with it. Emma is NOT innocent. Naive, definitely, but no way is she INNOCENT. She’s guilty.

Side note: I don’t care if Ethan doesn’t “belong” to Sutton, that’s just disgusting of her to take her sister’s hand-me-down boyfriend, especially when Emma looks just like Sutton. Just imagine in those early days when he was still hung up on Sutton, he probably looked at Emma and wanted her so badly to be Sutton. He probably pretended it was her with an attitude adjustment. Sick.

Those days at the ranch was all the proof you need. He wants Sutton, not Emma.

Candace_G

Posted at 5:20 PM on February 22, 2012

Emma isn’t a man-stealer – if you go back to the earlier episodes, Ethan made moves on Emma while he was still in a relationship with Sutton and Emma backed off because Sutton was her sister and it wasn’t right.

And of course she would run away from authorities – her foster brother framed her for theft and she was going to get arrested. She would have been found guilty since the whole “foster child steals from foster mother” scenario is classic.

Guest

Posted at 10:45 PM on February 27, 2012

She should not have gotten involved with Ethan, period! Just because a guy makes a move on you does not mean you go for it.

And now you’re just making excuses for Emma. I didn’t know you were psychic; you with 100% certainty know for sure what would have happened had she gone with the police? Emma could have told them about her BIOLOGICAL SISTER. That could have changed everything.

And they’re not going to throw a MINOR in prison because she was accused of taking money from her parents (foster or not, big whoop). What world are you from?

You people need to stop glorifying Emma and realize that every single character on that show chooses wrong over right just because it’s EASIER. Cowards, the lot of them.

Posted at 7:47 PM on January 4, 2013

um…I guess you can look at it like that, but 1. Ethan and Sutton would have eventually broken up, so would you rather have Ethan be with someone as nice as Emma, or some other girl?
2. Emma was framed, she had NO other choice, the authorities wouldn’t have believed her. And, Sutton deserved to be in Emma’s shoes at the Juvenile although she wasn’t responsible for those especific crimes, she is responsible for the crime of playing with people as well as their feelings for a sort of hobby!
3. Emma didn’t know Ethan had slept with Sutton. You might say, Sutton told her so, but come one? who would believe Sutton even IF she was telling the truth? (which in this case, she night have.) The second Emma found out about Ethan and Sutton’s “affair” she broke up with him.
And finally, yes I know Emma isn’t innocent, but she kind of had to impersonate Sutton and lie to her parents although she had a choice not to.(but being all “kind of” honest with Sutton’s parents would make them VERY suspicious, so that lying part of maybe “ok”) I agree that she is guilty on that, but other than that she has been very sweet, and kind of VERY innocent.
Just think about it again :D

A

Posted at 9:09 PM on February 21, 2012

God I hate Sutton! Even though Emma and Ethan are a cute couple I like Emma and Thayer better!

Guest

Posted at 7:42 AM on February 22, 2012

Both Ethan and Thayer have slept with Sutton in the past. Emma should stay single or find someone else.

Beth

Posted at 8:33 PM on February 21, 2012

thayer is a mysterious guy, who could have the potential to be behind it all

secrets

Posted at 8:47 PM on February 21, 2012

If Thayer is behind it all(he’s very smart) then why is he trying to frame his father? Although I would admit it would be creepy to know that Thayer is behind a lot of stuff.
However, why did Alec hire Derek and need Sutton’s laptop?

Posted at 7:51 PM on January 4, 2013

Derek was willing to do anything for Alec to get “authorities” off his back.
Alec needed Sutton’s laptop to kind of find out how far Sutton had gotten in her search for her biological twin and mother. That is sort of how he went and freed Sutton from Juvenille, and is suspicious of Emma. Plus, Alec hired Derek because if he let slip about who hired him, Derek would be dead, like he is. And if Derek conffesed to the police about this, they would probably not believe him. SO he is the PERFECT escape goat for Alec.

Martine

Posted at 10:03 AM on February 22, 2012

Stop acting like Thayer is A. He is not even a little bit mysterious. he wanted to trust his dad, but he knows he can’t. he is a good friend to emma, but he loved Sutton. I don’t think he does anymore. I think Sutton finally lost him. he is the same age as Sutton and Emma so he absolutely can NOT be behind their adoption. PLEASE stop saying such stupid stuff. its painful.

Posted at 7:56 PM on January 4, 2013

The Lying Game has very unpredictable twists, kind of like Pretty Little Liars. We thought Toby wasn’t in the A group, but he is. So you can’t say much for Thayer, for all we know, it is a possibility he might be the A of Lying Game, although I HIGHLY doubt that.

Lols

Posted at 10:10 AM on February 22, 2012

Yeah…Thayer is their birth mother. or maybe he is behind their adoption, as he was one year old at the time. Real smart. And he has no secrets at all. Sutton has known him from kindergarden. name one mysterious thing about Thayer. Just one? He is very honest and open.

Katara

Posted at 10:56 AM on February 21, 2012

Oh and I think that it’s time that ethan knows/recognizes emma is still a virgin and wouldn’t sleep with anyone she didn’t truly loved and that she would actually not be capable of something like that…

Katara

Posted at 10:52 AM on February 21, 2012

Hmmmm. How much I hate Sutton after the last episode? Well… on a scale out of 1 to 10? a 93.
I watched the new promo and stopped it and at one point you could see it was sutton and she looked really mad and ethan looked mad too i think that’s a scene where ethan finds out that it was sutton who visited him in jail, not emma. and to be honest, how the hell can’t he tell them apart? emma’s voice is a bit softer and sutton’s more sharp, and sutton mostly looks angry.

Andy Swift

Posted at 4:05 PM on February 21, 2012

I guess he can only tell them apart by kissing them. What a slut he is.

Lols

Posted at 10:12 AM on February 22, 2012

I think Ethan will realize it was Sutton. He was in jail and totally feeling guilty and freaked out because of what he did. he will realize it. I bet Thayer will tell him its totally untrue, and they will figure it out. You know Sutton could have had a great boyfriend in Thayer. But she blew it.

Sally Sweet

Posted at 8:33 PM on February 21, 2012

omg I soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo hate Sutton she is such a wiatch I can’t stand her

Posted at 8:01 PM on January 4, 2013

Yes, but at the cell, Sutton softened her voice and look, so she looked VERY MUCH like Emma.
And concider that Ethan hadn’t seen Emma for a while, so I guess the way he remembered Emma at the ranch was looking at Sutton and thinking/hoping it was Emma. I guess he SHOULD have known it was Sutton because he should have had trust in Emma’s loyalty to him that he would have realised before asking Emma that she didn’t sleep with Thayer, or even kiss him, or even love him. Because Emma has always, except 1 or 2 occasions about Travis and her foster parents and life, been honest to Ethan.

Truth

Posted at 8:20 AM on February 21, 2012

I think Thayer killed Derek. Alec really did get into an argument with Derek right before the murder, and Thayer happened to be there and snap a picture. Thayer is also responsible for the package that said “Keep being Sutton or else.” He’s a bad dude.

secrets

Posted at 2:26 PM on February 21, 2012

I think you are right. Thayer send the package and most likely snapped the photo. But why would Thayer kill Derek? And Thayer doesn’t seem to be working with Alec. What does Thayer know? I don’t see how he could be hiding that evil side from Mads and the gang.

Andy Swift

Posted at 4:05 PM on February 21, 2012

Thayer is all kind of suspicious, I’ll give you that.

LOLS

Posted at 9:46 AM on February 22, 2012

No he isn’t. Thayer is totally not likely to have killed Derek…Wait…he wasn’t even there! And why would he have taken that picture? Thats just soooo stupid.

martine

Posted at 9:43 AM on February 22, 2012

Thats really silly. especially as Thayer wasn’t there, and wasn’t even alone, and had absolutely no reason to hurt Derek. Thats like saying you think a dog killed him. Stupid.

Martine

Posted at 10:00 AM on February 22, 2012

S@ SECRETS!!! Stop trying to be smarter then you are. This is NOT PRETTY LITTLE LIARS! The good guys and bad guys are clear in this one, and always have been. Thayer is NOT A you dork.
Good guys; Emma, Thayer, Mads, Laurel and Ethan( still) Bad guys; Alec, Sutton. Playing their own game; Rebecca, Ted.
OK! See? Its not about enemies who are friends. This is a very different show. Not once in this show have we been surprised by thinking someone was a good person, but they were not. Not even Justin. he had good reason to avenge his moms death, but maybe he did it wrong. Still he loves Laurel.

Kait

Posted at 10:33 PM on March 12, 2013

Lolz, look how wrong you were! :-P

Posted at 8:02 PM on January 4, 2013

how do you know?? did you read the books or something??

secrets

Posted at 11:46 PM on February 20, 2012

Why does Rebecca want to be with Alec or marry him if she knows a lot of bad things about his past? I don’t think it’s just for love.

Also who sent her the photo of Alec and who sent her the note?

Also what do you think Alec replied when she asked him if he killed Derek?

Anyone else want to hear the back story of Alec and Dan? I’m really curious about that.
Did Sutton and Ethan sleep with each other or almost sleep with each other?

I actually could see Alec being innocent if he didn’t kill Eduardo. But since he did I would have to bet that he killed Derek and other people. How many people do you think he killed?

Why doesn’t Kirsten notice that Sutton looks like her mom Rebecca or Mads or anyone else for that matter?

Andy Swift

Posted at 12:04 AM on February 21, 2012

I want to assume Alec killed Derek, but it would be too obvious.

Also, is Eduardo dead? I thought he “transfered” to a different hospital.

secrets

Posted at 12:29 AM on February 21, 2012

Technically if Eduardo isn’t dead, he is probably not likely to recover 100% and Alec did try to kill him. So even attempted murder is not ok and does not make Alec innocent. Even if he is innocent of Derek’s murder he still tried to hurt Eduardo and who knows who else.

And you are right about Alec being too obvious. But maybe the angle they are playing is to get Alec’s power unraveled through his apparent web of lies. They are falling apart.

Andy Swift

Posted at 4:06 PM on February 21, 2012

Alec… what a man of mystery.

Lols

Posted at 9:49 AM on February 22, 2012

I think Alec killed Derek. there is no reason that the logical thing is wrong and a stupid thing is right. thats like saying that Sutton killed Derek. or Mads killed Derek. Or Rebecca killed Derek or your mom killed Derek. Your only point is that the person that is most stupid to have killed Derek did it just because its not obvious? Thats sooo stupid.

Katara

Posted at 10:54 AM on February 21, 2012

Sutton and ethan didn’t sleep together, where ethan talks to sutton ( who he thinks is emma…) he says something happened…with sutton…almost, so i guess they didn’t sleep together.

Posted at 8:04 PM on January 4, 2013

I’m not so sure, because in that episode towards the end where Ethan is being taken away by the FBI, he looks like he was naked, and sort of does Sutton.

Shorty

Posted at 8:42 PM on February 21, 2012

I agree the twins look like rebecca which means she has to be their birth mom. That’s why she is sticking around, she is trying to be close to the girls. But what I don’t get is why she changed her name.

Vitalia M

Posted at 8:48 PM on February 21, 2012

I don’t think Rebecca changing her name is a huge part of the plot. She said that she changed it when she left town, so I assume she just wanted to start her life over after what had happened with Ted and Alec. Plus, everyone knows that her name used to be Annie, so it’s not like that’s a secret.

martine

Posted at 9:51 AM on February 22, 2012

When did Rebecca ever say her name was Annie? Rebbecca knows Annie.

secrets

Posted at 8:53 PM on February 21, 2012

She changed her name for several reasons. One is that she didn’t want to be associated with the whacko Annie. She is connected to that Annie and didn’t want people to call her Annie.

martine

Posted at 9:49 AM on February 22, 2012

Why does it mean she has to be their birth mother? Annie Hobbs looked like them too, but she wasn’t. In fact Annie looked more like them

Candace_G

Posted at 8:59 PM on February 21, 2012

I really have no idea as to why Rebecca wants to get engaged so badly. You’re right – I don’t think she has a thing for him at all, really. And I don’t think it’s the money either. Some people say that Rebecca could have sent herself the picture, others say maybe it was the one guy from the fraternity. I think it could also be Annie Hobbs, since she’s a bit sneaky. She hates Alec, so she’d have no problem ratting him out, and it was revealed that she knew Rebecca as well, so who knows.

I think Alec losing his cool when he saw Rebecca’s phone could have said a lot. Even if he was actually innocent, the way he played it off made it seem almost certain that he was involved.

Sutton and Ethan did not actually sleep together. Sutton told her fair share of lies last night.

Alec did indeed try to kill Eduardo because he found out about Annie Hobbs in the mental facility. So yes, I think it’s fair to say that he’s definitely “capable” of murder.

With Kristin, I think she’s struggling with whether or not to trust her husband at this time. She wants to keeps her family together during all of this, but she knows that Ted has been hiding A LOT from her and it becomes more obvious with each passing episode. She knows that whatever Ted is always fidgety about involves Rebecca, but she doesn’t know about the twins and she doesn’t know that Ted might be their real father, so why would she think that Rebecca is their mother? All she thinks is that she and Ted adopted Sutton. If anything, Kristin is leaning towards the theory that Ted had an affair with Rebecca while they were together.

Posted at 8:08 PM on January 4, 2013

IF Ted does turn out to be their true biological father, What I don’t understand is that why did Emma go to a family at Beverly Hills? why didn’t Ted adopt Sutton, but not the other twin?? If he did know about the fact that Sutton had a twin, I would HATE him for the fact that he didn’t adopt Emma as well. Leave his own daughter to such a nasty start in life.

martine

Posted at 10:01 AM on February 22, 2012

No. I think Alec did something bad to rebecca in the past, and she wants to get back at him.

Meesh

Posted at 11:30 PM on February 20, 2012

Almost can’t watch the show I got so mad at sutton!! Just need Ethan and Emma on the same side for it to be the lying game… Better fix it next episode

Andy Swift

Posted at 12:04 AM on February 21, 2012

Right?! Want. To. Punch. Sutton.

Cynthia H

Posted at 3:40 AM on February 21, 2012

I’m actually a millimeter away from quitting the show entirely. I just absolutely HATE Sutton and I can’t bear to watch her do anything worse!…

Jacki

Posted at 10:34 AM on February 21, 2012

I know. Sutton is so awful. I really hope that Ethan and Emma make up because Sutton has so NOT changed and if anything, I think she’s gotten worse!

Andy Swift

Posted at 4:10 PM on February 21, 2012

Alexandra Chando always defends Sutton in interviews, but I think we can all agree Sutton blows big time.

Martine

Posted at 9:53 AM on February 22, 2012

I KNOW! I almost didn’t want to watch anymore. How can Emma not realize that Sutton is just a snake? And realize that everything out of her mouth is a lie? Also, honestly I think Ethan will realize it wasn’t Emma. He was in jail and totally freaked out.

Posted at 8:10 PM on January 4, 2013

But that is why the show is SO addicting, at least to me. You crave to know when Sutton would meet her punishments.

Katara

Posted at 10:55 AM on February 21, 2012

Me

Posted at 9:30 PM on February 21, 2012

Where can you see the promo? Can you post a link? :)