'Gossip Girl' Recap: Blair Tells Dan She's Falling For Him, Plus 4 More 'OMG' Moments

Mon, February 20, 2012 10:30pm EDT by 50 Comments

Turns out the kiss between Blair and Dan was more than just two friends getting caught up in the moment! Blair finally confessed her feelings for Dan, but what does this mean for her relationship with Chuck?

It wasn’t just cupid’s arrow that stirred up chemistry between Blair (Leighton Meester) and Dan (Penn Badgley). Their feelings have unfortunately dragged on after Valentine’s Day and it doesn’t look like they’ll be fading any time soon.

The Feb. 20 episode began with Blair and Serena (Blake Lively) fighting because of Blair’s last kiss with Dan. Dorota, being the great housekeeper/friend/mediator she is, locked the two in a room until they straightened out their differences. To Dorota’s defense, the situation was about to become worse — if that was even possible. Serena said that she was mad because Blair continued to deny her feelings for Dan. Blair went on to say that she is just friends with Dan and said that she was going to prove it by spending the day with him just “as a friend” at a play practice — where they were acting out Dan’s book ‘Insider’ which is mostly about Dillon’s (who is supposed to be Dan) secret love for Claire (who is supposed to be Blair).

Blair and Dan end up kissing when playing Dillon and Claire and, of course, Serena shows up at the absolute worst moment. Serena and Blair fight again and Serena asks Blair to just admit her feelings for Dan and to stop lying.

Blair’s ah-ha moment came when she realized that Dillon really loved Claire for being Claire… meaning that she realized Dan really loves Blair, for Blair. Frankly, I’m fed up with Blair’s ridiculous, back and forth antics. She’s being pretty selfish right now. Dan should have been off limits to Blair from the start. Isn’t that the #1 rule in girl code? Your best friend’s ex-boyfriends are ALWAYS off limits! No exceptions!

And what about the fact that Blair is a married woman?? Sorry Blair, but any sympathy I had left for you is gone.

And here are more ‘OMG’ moments…

#1 Serena Forgives Blair
After Blair revealed her feelings to Dan she went straight to Serena to let her know that she is in fact romantically interested in Lonely Boy. Serena, being the bigger person she is,  forgave Blair. It’s clear that the situation still irks Serena, but she feels that her friendship with Blair is more important than her feelings for Dan. Serena’s being way too nice… that’s just my opinion.

#2 Chivy Is Outed!
We totally say this coming, but who knew it would happen so soon? After Chivy (Kaylee Defer) and the real Charlie (who goes by Lola) crossed rhodes , Chivy wasn’t going to last much longer. The impostor had been hiding out at her ailing grandmother Cece’s (Caroline Lagerfelt) house, but when Cece’s condition worsened — so did Chivy’s. Chivy was forced to face the UES one last time, and this time it included Chola. And voila, the entire scheme of Charlie’s mother hiring Chivy to pretend to be the real Charlotte Rhodes was revealed.

#3 Cece Rhodes Dies
So sad! The eldest of the Rhodes family has passed away. It looks like it’s now Lily’s (Kelly Rutherford) responsibility to keep the family together. Between the real Charlie Rhodes in the picture, her daughter, Serena, in love with her stepson ,Dan, and her own conniving sister back in town — this should be pretty easy to do, right?

#4 Blair Tells Chuck: ‘Leave Dan Alone’
Blair’s new relationship with Dan has understandably put him on Chuck’s hate list. Chuck (Ed Westwick) went as far as ruining his second book proposal. But all is took was a simple phone call from Blair asking him to stop terrorizing Dan to stop the Chuck/Dan madness.  I really do think this is just a phase for Blair because when Chuck asked Blair if her feelings have changed she said “no.” I think this is a good sign for us Chair fans.

What do you think, HollywoodLifers? Is Blair really falling for Dan? Has Serena really forgiven Blair? Sound off in your comments below!

XOXO

–Nicole Karlis

More Gossip Girl news:

1. ‘Gossip Girl’ Spoiler: Chuck & Blair Are ‘Never Over,’ Producers Reveal
  2. Nicole Says: Chuck Bass Go Find Blair Waldorf, YOUR Runaway Bride
  3. New ‘Gossip Girl’ Pics: Blair Waldorf Sleeps With Dan Humphrey In The Airport

erica

Posted at 2:14 AM on February 22, 2012

Blair disgust me db are disgusting screw them

M

Posted at 4:40 PM on February 21, 2012

Ratings for yesterday was a series low 1.01 million and a mere 800,000 for the second half. D&B is ruining the show, mainly bc the writers had to rewrite the history of the show to make it work! What essay contest were they referring to that B won and D went to for her? D never showed any interest in B before season 4, but now the writers are trying to shove down our throats that he always cared? I sense DESPERATION.

And I am not a crazy fan demanding B be with C forever. I just want story lines to be interesting and above all make sense!

liee

Posted at 3:49 PM on February 21, 2012

two wrongs dont make a write, i always thought B was better then that, anyway i will always lover her :) chair!<3 you can choose the most loyal friends, the dream job, the truest love" :) GG at the end of 5×10 where B chose C :) and the job one was N, not sure about loyal friends though?

liee

Posted at 3:51 PM on February 21, 2012

right*

liee

Posted at 3:46 PM on February 21, 2012

I just want to ask whats the point of commenting on one of the only two pro chair reviews we have? thats right ive only found 2 and theyre are heaps of websites tht are prodair.

nicki

Posted at 2:54 PM on February 21, 2012

LOL! HOW is serena being too forgiving? Did she ever ask Blair how she felt about Serena shacking up with Nate or screwing him behind her back? Please.

nina

Posted at 10:18 AM on February 23, 2012

lol i agree with u on that, the article is bias

Joe

Posted at 2:52 PM on February 21, 2012

I hate how chair shpper think that they are the only ones that have a say. People Grow up and move one. 1st loves barely ever work out, and we all realize that yes chair will probably be endgame cause u all B**** so much. Just let us have our time right now and stop saying the show is terrible cuz for me every chair moment is brutal. I wouldn’t even be friends with someone if they treated me the way chuck treated blair. But u don’t hear me posting on every website complaining. THANKS _

DAIR TO DARE

iloveleighton

Posted at 1:46 PM on February 21, 2012

thanks for the post nicole,i know your a big CHAIR fan like me….but i think i’ve seen this episode in a different point of view,maybe the kiss in the hospital is a goodbye kiss for Dan,when she glance at serena and heard that chuck made up for his scheming i think Blair MAY HAVE know what is the right thing to do.She said Serena is a family to her,and even though how grateful,warm and delightful she is when she found out about dan’s feelings she woould rather choose the right thing.And the right thing is one of Blair’s incredible mark as a character even if she sometimes screwed up things in the past.Im beginning to like serena now,she’s more mature in right places.I felt bad about Ivy,even though she have motives but she really likes lily’s family i hope she’ll not turn bad like vanessa and juliet.I always love Chuck and Blair and i hope they find their way back into love soon….i really love Leighton and Ed!!!

maria

Posted at 1:39 PM on February 21, 2012

This is a blog and Nicole can release her own opinions. I still don’t believe that it’s all gold that shines. There is still the lie over their heads and Blair didn’t really see Dan as he really is.
Plus she still loves Chuck…and she will continue.
I hate how she treats Chuck and hope he won’t take that any longer.

Guest

Posted at 11:22 AM on February 21, 2012

I don’t think that the “girl-code” applies in this case. Didn’t Serena start dating Nate at one point?! Pretty sure that is Blair’s ex-boyfriend season 1. And if I remember correctly, didn’t S sleep with Nate in season 1? Pretty sure S is the one the broke the “girl-code” first.

Elizabeth

Posted at 4:45 AM on February 21, 2012

I’ll just be over here, reading the recaps and waiting to hear that Blair’s brain and spine have returned, so I might have something to watch for. As it is, I’m just pleased that Cece is not yet dead for me, since I won’t be watching this episode.

ez

Posted at 4:33 AM on February 21, 2012

dont think it matters she is married. Louis is clearly Evil..he isnt even hiding it. Why should blair be suffering for the next year next to him?
Dont give a crap bout Serena…throughout GG history she has probably had the most selfish moments and changes her mind more than anyone else when it comes to guys.

twinklez

Posted at 3:12 AM on February 21, 2012

hmm.. i don’t understand what exactly serena is supposed to forgive blair for.. :S right now, she is in NO POSITION to have the right to criticise blair’s feelings for dan.. dan is not dating her, and he has made it clear since awhile that he has NO FEELINGS for serena at the moment. they are officially single – both serena and dan. so if blair has feelings for dan – really, there is no reason for serena to be so angry abt this. :S

Emily

Posted at 2:40 AM on February 21, 2012

This episode felt like such a slap in the face for me both as a Serena/Blair and a Chuck/Blair fan. It honestly feels like everything I loved about the show is being dismantled and thrown away for the writers’ new favorite toy. I am disgusted.

ngaire

Posted at 2:02 AM on February 21, 2012

once again thanks for the recap can’t believe CeCe is gone soooo sad

4everchair

Posted at 1:47 AM on February 21, 2012

Over all this was a terrible episode ! DB ….. Just ewww .”Dan loves me for me” really Blair , I mean why the hell does Chuck love you then? It’s certainly not for your successful career. No matter what I love that Chuck loves Blair enough to follow her request . Chuck would do anything for Blair including fix , what he did to Dan. Not that he deserved it! Also Blair may have kissed Chuck in a limo and slept with him but she was only engaged. DB ate commuting adultery ! And that’s not alright! No matter the ship! And I’m appalled by the number of DB fans who think that’s okay. As for Serena, Blair is a bad friend! And I’m of the opinion while I may ship Chair and Blerena ! I think both Chuck and Serena deserve better then her! And I hope she realizes what she has lost . Also I really hope Chuck is given a new love interest! Just because I think Blair makes him weak! He deserves someone who loves him despite his flaws it’s obvious Blair is fickle! I love Chair and I ship them hardcore! But with the way Nlair is being written I would prefer Chuck with some else ! If Blair wakes up and is herself again, then all will be good!

Megan

Posted at 2:08 AM on February 21, 2012

i agree with you 100%. i am shocked and pissed that this happened. this is not “gossip girl” anymore. and blair is married for crying out side!! even though the marriage is nothing to either of them, but it doesnt make sense. she told chuck that they cant be cause of the prenup crap and she is making googly eyes at dan on the side. wtf

DC

Posted at 12:56 AM on February 21, 2012

What was the song playing whfn CeCe died

sarah

Posted at 12:25 AM on February 21, 2012

I really want Blair to read that book now to see what he did to Chuck because I can’t see her liking him doing that to Chuck. Also I don’t think she really loves Dan just is just confused right now. Can Dan either go away are turn gay. Dan doesn’t know the real her.

Chair will find their way back together

Angel

Posted at 11:32 PM on February 20, 2012

Dan and Blair have come such a long way. I loved them.

B

Posted at 11:18 PM on February 20, 2012

I dnt understand what the writers are trying to do now with the whole Dan/Blair thing. I find it extremely annoying how they keep throwing things in between Chuck and Blair just to try to keep them apart when we all know they’re meant for each other!!! ugh!! guess I’ll have to find something else to watch since I wont be watching GG for a while..

Megan

Posted at 2:11 AM on February 21, 2012

thats how i felt through out the entire episode. this is just beyond stupid.

sarah

Posted at 11:01 PM on February 20, 2012

This is a disaster!. I hate DB!

latinalover

Posted at 10:53 PM on February 20, 2012

chuck has become blair’s b**ch

Sarah

Posted at 10:55 PM on February 20, 2012

LOL! That’s quite a funny thing :)

Linda

Posted at 8:49 AM on February 21, 2012

OMG, Latinalover, you are so right! So sad. :0(

Lauren

Posted at 10:45 PM on February 20, 2012

And Serena is too nice? Dan is her EX, he doesn’t love her anymore. Nate was Blair’s boyfriend when she slept with him.

Leah

Posted at 11:56 PM on February 20, 2012

Exactly!!!!Serenas hardley innocent…i think shes jelouse…Dair 4ever::::)))!!!!!

jay

Posted at 2:33 AM on February 21, 2012

yea she had her faults, but that was when they were in high school. they have graduated from high school done a thousand different things. they have matured. ok so lets have your best friend get married to a scum bag, but she has been in love with this guy for many years. then try to encourage you to go back out with your ex but she likes him and is kissing him knowing the way you feel. now should i take the knife out of your back or would you like to do it?

Lauren

Posted at 10:43 PM on February 20, 2012

Blair Tells Dan: ‘Leave Chuck Alone’
No, she tells Chuck “leave Dan alone”

She didn’t say “no” to Chuck about her feelings, she said “no, I don’t know” and kissed Dan after that.

And Blair is a married woman, isn’t she engaged when Chuck slept with her and kissed her in the limo??

Chris

Posted at 10:42 PM on February 20, 2012

Thank you so much for the post.I was going to waste 40 minutes on a nonsense SL!Really thanks!

Allie

Posted at 10:35 PM on February 20, 2012

I can’t get over how terrible Blair is being. Chuck and Serena both deserve better. That Blair would kiss Dan in front of Serena while she’s mourning her grandmother? Just awful.

I think Serena’s being way too nice too. Hoping this will all come back and bite both Blair and Dan on the ass.

Emma

Posted at 6:12 AM on February 22, 2012

and anyway she did say ‘no’ when chuck asked if her feelings changed, but then corrected herself and said ‘I don’t know’. you failed to mention that point