'Degrassi' Scoop: Munro Chambers Reveals Eli's Plans For Clare & Imogen

Mon, February 20, 2012 8:00am EDT by 36 Comments
HollywoodLife.com

Munro tells HollywoodLife.com how Eli’s relationship with both girls will change — drastically — on the new episodes of ‘Degrassi.’

TeenNick is billing the second half of Degrassi‘s 11th season — airing at 9 p.m. tonight — as “Degrassi: New Beginnings,” and Munro Chambers tells HollywoodLife.com that Eli’s definitely hoping to make a fresh start. “He’s hurt a lot of people, a lot of his friends,” Munro says. “He wants … a clean slate.” So how will Eli’s ladies, Clare (Aislinn Paul) and Imogen (Cristine Prosperi), factor into his plan?

“He’ll always have feelings for her,” Munro admits about Eli and Clare’s epic (and tragic) relationship. But before he tries to reignite the old flame, he’ll try to rebuild their once-great friendship. “He does want her to be in his life, but does she want the same thing? You’ll find out.”

And then there’s Imogen — sweet, crazy, pig-tailed Imogen. “[Eli] hurt her a lot too,” Munro admits. “They become closer, and they get to know who they are as people together.” Sounds like a match made in crazy heaven, especially since Munro tells us Eli’s insane-o-meter will remain at “a solid 8″ during the rest of season 11.

Hey, I say bring it on!

Watch my full interview with Munro below, then click here to leave a comment with your predictions for the rest of season 11:

Loading video...

— Andy Swift

Follow Andy on Twitter for more Degrassi scoop

lyssa

Posted at 5:06 PM on February 20, 2012

I predict eli and clare will get back together and clarwe will finally be ready yo have sex wth him and that other chicck imogen pr whatever will,get mad and leave ……. Atleast i hope this happens aHahA im so mad i dont have cable i really wanna watch this tonihjt/:

Stephaniee

Posted at 4:42 PM on February 20, 2012

…will be better off with imogen. (oopsies I forgot to finish my previous comment)

Stephaniee

Posted at 4:39 PM on February 20, 2012

I wish eli got back together wit clare because they were so cute together. but clare has changed alot I think shes a slut now, so I guess eli will b

Mandama004

Posted at 2:57 PM on February 20, 2012

I will be seriously disappointed in this show if they don’t have Imogen/Fiona hook up after the subtle hints in the premiere and certain interviews…

Ivy

Posted at 2:56 PM on February 20, 2012

I think that you are the best actor and degrassi and clare you would make a great couple….. I love you munro <3

$tephany :]

Posted at 2:51 PM on February 20, 2012

Can’t wait to watch degrassi new beginnings tonite!!!!! I <3 munrou!!!!!!!!! <33333333
Clare+Eli=love forever:D <33333333333

Love
$tephany

andrea

Posted at 2:39 PM on February 20, 2012

i lovve munro soo much probably more than anybody lol ;p and ihope he gets back together with klare its better than being with imogen she doesnt even help him get through his problems, cant wait for tonight!!!!

heather lopez

Posted at 2:33 PM on February 20, 2012

omg munro is so awesome like what the snee lol

Anne Brown

Posted at 2:25 PM on February 20, 2012

Please let Eli and Clare get back together. PLEASE.

KatieLynn

Posted at 2:02 PM on February 20, 2012

Omg…. Munro Chambers is Soo cute he should really go back out with Clare but I wish I was Munro’s girlfriend he seems like a great guy!! I love you
Munro!!

,Katie. <3

Dmitri

Posted at 1:52 PM on February 20, 2012

Cake is so over, Eclare will reunite. But I think Klare is endgame. I mean, when Eli and Jake graduate, Clare will only have KC in their senior year.

Annmarie

Posted at 1:30 PM on February 20, 2012

Omg ! I Saw Him I Was At The Degrassi Party LA I Took Pics With Him . And He Is Right When They Would Answer athe Question Everybody Screamed I WAS ONE OF THEM
II
LOVE
U
DEGRASSI
CAST <3

Amanda

Posted at 1:07 PM on February 20, 2012

I love Munro soo much. Is it weird that I think the craziness makes him cuter… Lol and at the end he kinda reminds me of Dylan Sprouse just by the way he says ‘treat’ lol but I think he and Clare will get back together (or at least I hope)

Claudia

Posted at 1:05 PM on February 20, 2012

Munro is amazing I hope him and Clare will be together again Eclare forever I love them on water day I when to the tour best day of my life ;) Love ya Munro!

Edith

Posted at 1:05 PM on February 20, 2012

I think he is an amazing actor with so much potential and i hope he gets his friendship with Clare again!!! cant wait to see him in action tonight <3

Taylor Bennett

Posted at 12:54 PM on February 20, 2012

I cant wait watch degrassi. Its my favorite show. To be truthful Eli always been my favorite character in degrassi. Im looking forward to watching it. I have watching Degrassi since I was 10. I hope Eli plans works to get Clare back

Chayse

Posted at 12:54 PM on February 20, 2012

I really think Eli and Clair will get back together. Eli just needs to take his medicine and get sain.

Jackie

Posted at 12:48 PM on February 20, 2012

I luvvvvvvvv U munro <3

strvie

Posted at 12:46 PM on February 20, 2012

I’m excited to see the new season!!!!!! Can wait for all the craziness and what not…. i can relate to some of the teenagers even though I’m just 20 YEARS OLD…… I RELATDD TO CASEY FROM DEALING WITH THE CHILD SRRIVICES ANX FOSTDR CARE

james

Posted at 12:39 PM on February 20, 2012

i think eli will get clear back

cami

Posted at 12:35 PM on February 20, 2012

MUNRO CHAMBERS IS THE #1 HOTTEY ON DEGRASSI!!!

cami

Posted at 12:31 PM on February 20, 2012

I <3 MUNRO CHAMBERS!!!

yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Anastasia Insanity

Posted at 12:28 PM on February 20, 2012

ugh!! me and hav been dying for this season!!

Anastasia Insanity

Posted at 12:30 PM on February 20, 2012

me and my sis my bad

cami

Posted at 12:27 PM on February 20, 2012

awsome i love degrassi!!! GO ELI!!! you rock

DoTheFutterwhacken

Posted at 12:25 PM on February 20, 2012

Imogen scares me :/

Amanda

Posted at 1:10 PM on February 20, 2012

Me too. I feel like I’m gonna wake up in the middle of the night and she’ll be standing at the edge of my bed. Lol jk

Alexis

Posted at 1:39 PM on February 20, 2012

ROFL.
But yeah, I can’t wait. I’m a hardcore Eclare shipper.