'Degrassi' Scoop: Munro Chambers Reveals Eli's Plans For Clare & Imogen

Mon, February 20, 2012 8:00am EDT by 36 Comments
HollywoodLife.com

Munro tells HollywoodLife.com how Eli’s relationship with both girls will change — drastically — on the new episodes of ‘Degrassi.’

TeenNick is billing the second half of Degrassi‘s 11th season — airing at 9 p.m. tonight — as “Degrassi: New Beginnings,” and Munro Chambers tells HollywoodLife.com that Eli’s definitely hoping to make a fresh start. “He’s hurt a lot of people, a lot of his friends,” Munro says. “He wants … a clean slate.” So how will Eli’s ladies, Clare (Aislinn Paul) and Imogen (Cristine Prosperi), factor into his plan?

“He’ll always have feelings for her,” Munro admits about Eli and Clare’s epic (and tragic) relationship. But before he tries to reignite the old flame, he’ll try to rebuild their once-great friendship. “He does want her to be in his life, but does she want the same thing? You’ll find out.”

And then there’s Imogen — sweet, crazy, pig-tailed Imogen. “[Eli] hurt her a lot too,” Munro admits. “They become closer, and they get to know who they are as people together.” Sounds like a match made in crazy heaven, especially since Munro tells us Eli’s insane-o-meter will remain at “a solid 8″ during the rest of season 11.

Hey, I say bring it on!

Watch my full interview with Munro below, then click here to leave a comment with your predictions for the rest of season 11:

Loading video...

— Andy Swift

Follow Andy on Twitter for more Degrassi scoop

Natasha

Posted at 3:32 AM on December 24, 2012

Eli and Clare did have an epic relationship. But I think the breakup shows that you can’t always rely on others as much as you want to. It makes it better that they had a lot of problems because it makes it more realistic. I LOVE Eli’s character. It shows how much people can go through and still manage to be okay. I love Clare’s character because it shows that no matter how “perfect” someone’s life may seem, everyone has secrets. I LOVE that Eli and Clare were put together as a couple in the show because it represents a lot of things and although the breakup was kind of necessary for the message to be given, I think they should get back together. It would give hope and make me sooo happy!!!

Posted at 6:17 AM on April 7, 2012

i think that eli and clare where really good buut at the end of ur relationship she treated eli like dirt.. I do want them to get back together tho she helped Eli alittle and if they do that means Clare kept her promise my favorite scene with them together at the end of Jesus etc part 2 when Clare goes to apologize to Eli for calling him heartless and he’s crying and turns to her and says I just fell like ur slipping away and I.. I can’t help or do any thing about it then he says to her don’t leave me promise me okay promise me u wont and she says oh k I would want a boyfriend like Eli!!

Abby

Posted at 8:33 PM on March 13, 2012

I hope Clare feels the same way because they REALLY REALLY need to get back together!

Alia

Posted at 10:10 PM on February 24, 2012

I think Clare has broken his heart too much!!! Imogen and Eli would be soo cute together!! But I want him to choose Clare! I’m soo confused!!

KK Komments

Posted at 6:19 PM on May 15, 2012

Imogen and Eli are sooooooooo cute together but clair was ment to be with eli

Starr

Posted at 4:50 PM on February 23, 2012

Imogeli forever! :) They’re so cute!

Mallory Michelle

Posted at 3:25 AM on February 22, 2012

I can’t wait to see what happens but come frostiville (the season finale) our precious eclaire will once again rain supreme @ degrassi

Taylor:D

Posted at 8:06 PM on February 20, 2012

ASFGHJKL I Hope Eli and Clare get back together!!!! EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE! ECLARE FOREVEA! #MuchLoveForMunro