Whitney Houston's Ex-Husband Bobby Brown Kisses Her Coffin & Attends Her Funeral

Sat, February 18, 2012 1:04pm EDT by 13 Comments
Bobby Brown attend Whitney Houston funeral

Whitney Houston’s ex-husband attended her funeral on Feb. 18 at New Hope Baptist Church in Newark, NJ., and his daughter Bobbi Kristina, was by his side.

Whitney Houston‘s ex-husband Bobby Brown showed up to the funeral despite reports that he was banned. The New Edition frontman kissed Whitney’s coffin, and for a moment everyone forgot their bad times together.

Whitney and Bobby had a tumultuous marriage and a lot of it was featured on their reality show Being Bobby Brown. Their 18-year-old daughter Bobbi Kristina has reportedly tried to take her own life since her mother passed away on Feb. 11, so we’re happy to see him by her side.

Many celebrities are in attendance at Whitney’s funeral. Tyler Perry spoke and Dionne Warwick, Whitney’s cousin is leading the memorial service along with the pastor.

— Chloe Melas

More Whitney:

1. Bobbi Kristina Brown Arrives At Whitney Houston’s Private Wake
  2. Whitney Houston’s Boyfriend Ray J Speaks Out On Her Death
  3. Will Whitney Houston’s Funeral Cause Bobbi Kristina To Break Down Again?

Sara

Posted at 3:02 AM on March 18, 2012

absolutely loved Whitney from junior high to colelge and into adulthood. she was singing our anthems, from empowerment toheart break and i wanted to be just like her! i was extremely saddened by the turn of events in her life and delighted by her triumphant, come-back album. now she is gone, but she will not be forgotten. i just downloaded all the goodies from iTunes and will be sharing them with my own daughters. i am in complete agreement with your prayers for her loved ones. xoxo

Seline

Posted at 4:19 AM on March 16, 2012

Whitney was a bad, wicked, atrocious, promiscuous, idiot. Whitney partied till she died without considering where she will spend eternity. Whitney was fun loving ingrate who mocked God and spit on Jesus face by not repenting from her immoral ways. Learn from her mistakes. Leave drugs and alcohol alone. It kills. Accept Jesus christ as lord and saviour. Whitney is in hell.

Robby Gonzalez

Posted at 7:09 AM on February 25, 2012

No question that Bobby Brown took that Enquirer casket photo. Come on y’all, cash was there to be made! Can you blame a thug?

Luisa

Posted at 7:11 PM on February 20, 2012

Omg that last comment was abit harsh!! Have some respect!! We can atleast pray 4 this family instead of saying horrible things!! Like” joining Whitney in hell”!!!!!

Stone

Posted at 12:00 PM on February 20, 2012

I advise bobby brown to desist from taking drugs and alcohol to avoid joining whitney houston in hell. Drug kills. Alcohol kills. Drop these bad habits. Whitney houston lost her precious soul to drugs and alcohol. This is a satanic deception. You are going to hell if you reject Jesus christ as your lord and personal saviour . Accept Jesus today. Tomorrow may be too late.

tj

Posted at 3:54 AM on February 24, 2012

Bobby Brown is one of the worst things that ever happened to Whitney. He should never have Bobbie without supervision. She needs to get help now before something happens to her. Drugs are good for no one but they are not an unpardonable sin. It would depend on what sins you committed when you were on the drugs. Anyone can be forgiven at the last – remember the pardon Jesus gave to the person beside him on the cross?

kell

Posted at 5:48 AM on February 19, 2012

I dont really get bobby,if he truely felt anything for withney he should have waited and seen the end of the burial.its once in a life time.he would have given is last respect to her.and not allow his ego rule him.

Brooklyn

Posted at 6:40 PM on February 18, 2012

QQn

Twilla Hearne

Posted at 6:20 PM on February 18, 2012

What can I say. For as long as I can remember I have always been a Whitney Houston fan. She was an icon a role model for me. Despite all the trials she face in life, her problems should have been kept private and not in the media. My brothers and sisters one by one begin to inform me the death of Whitney. At first I couldn’t believe it. The first words that came out of my mouth was God Lord please be with Whitney soul. See I love Whitney and I always dream of meeting her one day. My chances of meeting her on this earth is gone but I have no worries because when God has call me home also I will meet my sister in christ for we all are sisters and brothers in christ. I love you Whitney see you in heaven. God, Jesus, Grandma Bertha, and Grandma Jim welcome Whitney home.

gbtw

Posted at 8:55 PM on February 18, 2012

what a nice note.

okenesha

Posted at 5:21 PM on February 18, 2012

I read some where that Bobby left maybe after 15 minutes, he was never next to her daughter because Security would not let him. He was invited with his children but they sat next to the security and he was asked to move places three times so he did not want to cause a scene,and he never understood why he was being treated that way with his other children therefore he left with his children. I dont understand why they try to keep his daughter away from him, he has been clean from drugs for some years, plus they should not put all the blame on him for Whitney booze and drugs, Whitney was a mother and a grown up she made bad choices herself even after divorcing Bobby she never stopped. I know we should honer Whitney today but still it was right to accomodate Bobby just for today am sure Whitney would have wanted that.

gbtw

Posted at 8:57 PM on February 18, 2012

sounds like he was respectful and appropriate. it’s too bad he couldn’t have been accommodated through the service.

darlene philpott

Posted at 3:15 PM on February 18, 2012

Bobbi kristina be strong and when things get you down which we know they will find your nana atrue trusted friend to talk to one who feels you pain and watch the ones that come in vain i think you are beautiful and strong like your mother i pray that that the lord who is just and good will continue to be with you in your comings going and doings love you darlene philpott sista locksie from bermuda i hope to meet you one day prayer moves mountains take care my dear.