Whitney Houston's Boyfriend Ray J Speaks Out On Her Death

Fri, February 17, 2012 4:58pm EDT by 37 Comments

Whitney’s on-again, off-again boyfriend Ray J broke his silence almost a week after the singer’s death.

Ray J rushed to the Beverly Hilton on Feb. 11 upon hearing of Whitney Houston‘s passing, Us Weekly reports. “The world lost an icon, but I lost my close friend,” Ray J told the magazine in a statement.

Ray J’s grief delayed his response to Whitney’s untimely death. “Over the past few days, I’ve tried to process the emptiness that I am experiencing. What my heart feels cannot be expressed in words,” he said.

The couple were last spotted together on Feb. 9 at the Tru Hollywood nightclub in Los Angeles, two nights before she died.

Ray J also helped to comfort Bobbi Kristina throughout the night of her mother’s death until her father Bobby Brown arrived.

–Emily Morgan

More Whitney Houston News

1. Bobbi Kristina Very Likely To Relapse Into Drugs & Alcohol, Expert Says
  2. Bobby Brown Says: ‘Bobbi Kristina Is Doing Much Better’
  3. Whitney Houston’s Family Wants Bobbi Kristina To Move To New Jersey

sandi casierra

Posted at 8:26 PM on July 22, 2014

i believe that they both have been and seen alot together i also believe in growing together,guys give them abreak,let God do His thing with them two,one thing i do know that they both was put in Gods Hands from the time they came into WhitnWhitney’s hands,so yes i believe in their love,To them both i wish you Blessings,hang on in the roughest times th God and don’tever forget who has put you together from the beginning:-) #God is smiling sandi

microsoft office for mac 2011

Posted at 6:32 PM on May 21, 2012

Hello, i believe that i noticed you visited my web site thus i came to return the prefer?.I am trying to find issues to enhance my website!I guess its adequate to use a few of your ideas!!

BLESSING

Posted at 3:02 AM on April 18, 2012

@Satan IM 1 OF GODS ANGELS AND IM GONNA WHIP UR BUT. GOD BLESS THE HOUSTON FAMILY N ALL HER LOVING FANS. ALWAYS. SAY A PRAYER FOR PEACE

Lizzy

Posted at 12:07 PM on March 13, 2012

Ray J, come to Jesus. Jesus wants to save your soul. Hell is real. Heaven is real. Accept Jesus as your lord and personal saviour.

Richie

Posted at 12:02 PM on March 13, 2012

Whitney will rot in hell with satan and demons. Whitney was an ungodly woman. Whitney is in hell with satan and evil spirits.

nette

Posted at 12:56 AM on March 28, 2012

I. Think u need to get on ur knees and ask forgivness for that comment about Whitney who r u to judge u r not God we all have faults u better sweep around ur own front door before u sweep around anyone else’s

Ruth

Posted at 2:50 PM on March 12, 2012

Sentiments apart, Whitney houston can never go to heaven. Whitney was fooled by satan to accept temporary fame and success. Whitney was ignorant ofd spiritual things hence failed to adjust her immoral ways before meeting her sudden death. I want Ray J to desist from drugs, alcohol, cocaine, partying, smoking cigarettes, womanising if he does not want to join Whitney houston in hell fire. Whitney hates God, but loved the world. Whitney died an untimely death when satan captured her soul. Whitney will rot in hell with michael jackson. Stop worshipping whitney. Accept Jesus as your lord and personal saviour. You are going to hell if you are not a born again child of God. Whitney was not a born again christian . Whitney is in hell fire with satan now. Satan deceived Whitney houston and threw whitney into hell.

kate

Posted at 1:30 PM on February 26, 2012

Gosh!i don’t belive wats going on here.instead of consoling bobi kristina wth her family ,u r talking negatives of whitney.i wish u were able to say ,corrects whitney deeds wen she was alive rather than saying it wen she is gone.u should b shame on u.u might b happy abt her departure bt tommorow u might b the one to follow.judge not ,u don’t know what whitney talks with God b4 she die.rem God can accept u at anytime wen u ask for forgiveness wthout counting all ua wrong doing.satan go to hell d i rebuke u inthe name of jesus

MrEntertainment

Posted at 12:23 AM on February 22, 2012

I cant believe the stupidity of people in Whitneys life.

They let her attempt a world tour when her singing was shocking.
No one must have bothered to call her a vocal coach, its just so crazy. I could have had Whitney singing like she did in her 20s in a matter of hours. Its crazy that she was singing so badly. It wasn’t that she had medical damage that stopped her singing well it was 100% bad technique. Im guessing 3 hours of training with someone like me would have had her sounding awesome again. That would have put her back on top of the world and she would still be alive today.

Andy

Posted at 2:03 AM on February 23, 2012

That’s right. Or Whitney could have done like several other singers have in concert – use a recording for the notes that wouldn’t come. She would have gotten all of her voice back, even if it was a maturing older Whitney voice. And Bobby Brown shouldn’t be slandered so much. Whitney herself said she was a fighter. And she said her and Bobby are both from the same type place. The best of black people don’t have to marry white if they don’t want to. Whitney married who she wanted to marry.

Denise

Posted at 7:47 PM on February 24, 2012

Mr entertainer could u give me contact info

Renee

Posted at 12:40 AM on February 26, 2012

Are you STUPID?

Yvette G.

Posted at 12:20 PM on February 20, 2012

Ray J. I dont just dont know what to say. Whitney is much to old for you, but she called you her boyfriend at that time something was wrong. You said that you and her where best of friends I believe you Ray j. she seem as though she was the boss of you that you could not talk to anybody in front of her. Whitney taked like you and her had sex. Whitney should have married someone her own age like her bodyguard the man that was in that movie the bodyguard.He would have done a better job and would have treated her good like a woman .

Terrious Brim

Posted at 8:05 AM on February 20, 2012

Prayers go out to the Houston Family and Bobby Brown.I know what it’s like to loose a loved one.It won’t be easy but remember,”God will show up and out.Deepest sympathy and God sees.

janice drummer

Posted at 12:34 PM on February 19, 2012

hi im janice drummer carty of bayou chicot louisiana but lives in lessvile la 71446. i truely feel and belive that bobbi kristina needs her grandmother at this time in her life i know that she will give her the best of care , love and anything else she would need to carry her thru the loss of her mother. im so sad as i speak but i know how she feels i lost a paernt. but im just wanna encourage you all and the grandmother stay strong for her you will meet mrs whitney again amen. anytime you wanna email me you can u do so have my email n private we all gonna miss miss houston. i love you whitney houston may god bless you all . with god everything is possible, stay strong bobbi kristina brown and know that god loves you he will carry you thru with all his love and understanding ur mother will always be with you amen. im janice drummer email anytime u need im here to encourage but know that god loves you more and ur famil.

Tommyo

Posted at 2:06 AM on February 19, 2012

YOu NEED JESUS BIG TIME GOTO ROMANS 10:8 thru :13 read it and ask GOD to forgive you and ask him to come into your heart who? Ever you are. JUST Do IT MAN you will be Super Glad you did. Amen

Moinina Momoh

Posted at 6:14 PM on February 18, 2012

Whitney,rest in peace !!! It is Whitney’s time to exit d worldly life,so,we all should bear in mind that God Almighty had earlier destined the different ways our lives will be expiring on mother earth.I pray that God Almighty consoles the bereaved family and keep them all together till death.We misse u Whitney ! Tears flow down my cheeks as i listen to ur sweet recordings.

kim sinclair

Posted at 5:41 PM on February 18, 2012

Damn you bobby brown if she never met you that fine young lady would never had touched drugs you caused her death now your daughter will sadly follow whitneys lead through despair damn you bobby brown burn in hell

kenneth moore

Posted at 9:07 PM on February 18, 2012

I know alot of people want to point the finger because that seems to be the best way to seek comfort for such a devestating lost. But Im sure Whitney would disagree with the fans who blame Bobby,but Bobby found a way to stay clean. And yes she had to fight off a lot of demons. But God seen fit to call her home and there’s nothing no one could have done to stop it. She had people who adored her but within a blink of an eye a turn of one’s head God came and rescued her from this cruel and cold-hearted world. we all must meet our maker(GOD) will you be ready when He calls your name?

patrice

Posted at 1:30 AM on February 19, 2012

NO NOT TRUE BECAUSE SHE ADMITTED SHE HAD DONE COCAINE BEFORE SHE EVER MET BOBBY.

Roxanne

Posted at 1:39 AM on February 25, 2012

Whitney was snorting coke wwwwaaaayyyy before she met Bobby Brown. She was hanging out at U of M in the late 80’s with Robyn Crawford. Thats a lot of responsibility to put on one person to say he caused her drug addiction and death. So sad

Satan a.k.a The Devil

Posted at 4:58 PM on February 18, 2012

WELCOME TO HELL Whitney Houston I Was there when you killed yourself in the bath tub in the hotel room you were afraid of the bankruptcy that was going to be finalized

texasmom

Posted at 5:11 PM on February 18, 2012

That is stupid and insensitive that you would say that. How bout u kill yourself. Its obvious that you aren’t loved. Lol

lilelgq

Posted at 10:36 AM on February 19, 2012

That is so mean for you to say. I rebuke you in the name of Jesus. Get thee behind me Satan I take authority over of you. I come against every evil wicked plot and plan in the name of Jesus. No weapon formed against me shall prosper. And every tongue that rise shall be condemned. May Whitney Houston rest in peace. God my lord Jesus shut down every negative word of Whitney Houston in the name of Jesus. Let them stumble on their words.

Shay

Posted at 9:40 PM on February 19, 2012

Rebuke is for the Lord.

shelli

Posted at 2:01 PM on February 26, 2012

Amen!!…

vickie

Posted at 11:28 PM on February 19, 2012

satan as u call yourself, u r one sick person may u burn in hell eternally.

msdiva

Posted at 11:25 PM on February 22, 2012

@Satan who the hell are you to say such things like that you didn’t know her or her family It really sickens me how cold and calculating you can be we have lost an angel thru it all she maintained her faith I know GOD has her he is a forgiving God I feel sorry for you to allow yourself to be called Satan or Devil doesnt say much abt u if you don’t have anything nice or encouraging to say SHUT UP

shelli

Posted at 2:07 PM on February 26, 2012

Poor sad person that calls yourself Satan…you have no friends..no one to care for you..You probably sit at home endlessly with no one to talk to..You have to make up some evil name to give yourself power and talk trash on someone that cannot speak for themselves…how pathetic and sad..you probably even contemplate killing yourself..but no one would care would they? Instead of trying to rile people up with your own words of self hate and loathing you should maybe try and get on your knees and talk to God…He will be your only friend.

Satan

Posted at 4:55 PM on February 18, 2012

Welcome to your new home whitney I’ve been waiting for you.

Tommyo

Posted at 2:28 AM on February 19, 2012

satan you are dirt under my feet and Whitneys feet by what Jesus did on the cross death is now and forever more done with SO Stop IT YOUR DONE WITH. AMEN AMEN

SUNSHINE

Posted at 11:23 PM on February 19, 2012

YOU ARE SUCH AN INCOMPETENT HEATHEN. WHY DON’T U JUST GO BLOW YOURSELF BECAUSE THIS STATEMENT AND THAT NAME IS JUST TOO DAMN MUCH. HAVE SOME HEART AND SHOW SOME RESPECT, BUT I DOUBT IF U KNOW WHAT THAT MEANS…I HOPE AND PRAY THAT NOTHIN HAPPENS TO SOMEONE U TRULY LOVE (AND I PRAY THAT IT DOESN’T), BECAUSE THIS STATEMENT THAT YOU’VE MADE WILL TEACH U A LIFE LESSON.

michael

Posted at 1:50 PM on February 18, 2012

My heart goes out to the family and blessing for bobbing kristina

Willnita

Posted at 12:47 PM on February 18, 2012

I can just see ans feel the hurt you have to lose someone u love my heart and prayer goes out to you and the family

Marvin lang

Posted at 12:26 PM on February 18, 2012

My prayers go out too the family. And I know Bobby will take care of his baby girl. I am a inactive drug user, I have been clean 3.5 years and there is a better way of life. So sorry she did not have better people around her.instead of yes people. Because God is good and real and your way out

Monte Cornegy

Posted at 2:15 PM on February 18, 2012

I agree with you Marvin and congratulate you on your 3.5 years clean. Prayers go out to Whitney Houston’s family and friends.

trini06

Posted at 8:26 PM on February 24, 2012

I cant believe what iam reading on here!!!!! R.I.P Whitney Huston and my prays goes out to bobbi Kristina,Cisssy and the rest of the family. And for SATAN YOU GO TO HELL!!!!!