Kristen Stewart Admits In New Interview: Snow White Is 'Butch'

Fri, February 17, 2012 5:22pm EDT by 10 Comments
Kristen Stewart Snow White

In a brand new interview, the ‘Twilight’ queen talks about her new leading lady and why she’s anything but your typical ‘princess’ from a fairytale!

Kristen Stewart is certainly not a girly girl, but it turns out her character, Snow White, in the upcoming action flick, Snow White and the Huntsman, has more in common with the 21-year-old actress than we would have originally thought.

In a new interview with Teen.com, Kristen dished about wearing armor as Snow White in the film and how it gave her a sense of empowerment.

“That’s the first thing you wanna do is, ‘ahhh!'” Kristen said, pounding her chest and screaming like Tarzan. “And [the dress underneath] is so wearable. I also have puffy sleeves. Somehow she manages to make puffy sleeves look butch.”

Unlike Disney’s version of Snow White, in Kristen’s film, Snow White is forced to become a warrior and fight in battles in order to take down the evil queen. We can’t wait to see Kristen in action when the movie hits theaters June 1.

Do YOU think Snow White is butch?

More Kristen:

1. What Kristen Stewart Is Like As A Vampire In ‘Breaking Dawn Part 2′
  2. Kristen Stewart To Answer Fan Questions About ‘Snow White’
  3. Kristen Stewart Hated Playing A Vampire In ‘Breaking Dawn, Part 2′

Jody

Posted at 11:25 PM on May 14, 2012

She couldn’t act feminine if her life depended on it. When I first saw her act in Panic Room, I was convinced she was a boy, that is how butch she was then and is only slightly less butch now.

I hate how every time a new Twilight movie is about to hit theaters, the publicists start promoting her and Pattinson as a couple. She is gay. She is not the least bit interested in Pattinson or any man unless they are bringing her dope.

Keka

Posted at 11:15 AM on November 25, 2012

Jealous?

Cate

Posted at 5:40 AM on March 7, 2012

I don’t think Snow white is butch I think Kristen is.I don’t care if she is butch, Jodie Foster always seemed butch until she got in front of a camera and then her acting would blow you away! Kristen always acts butch even in press shots. Who wants to see a movie knowing Kristen Stewart still hasn’t learned to act or done anything to fix it. Add the fact that Universal is changing the story completely is ludicrous. I truly hope Universal tanks on this one!By the way Kristen is a key person in the movie yet her voice is not heard in any trailer. You hear Charlize and Chris’s. Makes me wonder if there is any truth to the rumor that her british accent is awful! Also since the bell has been wrung I’ll say that girls loving girls has increased about 75% since Twi. Yes, I’m a mom but I had a slew of girls and not once did any of my daughters or their friends say they were in love with an actress.Plus the truly funny thing is that Kristen couldn’t lift a real sword. The sword and shield are both made with styrofoam! Get real Kristen Stewart looks like Popeye’s girlfriend Olive Oil.Universal madea huge mistake by casting Kristen Stewart.

Cate

Posted at 5:26 AM on March 7, 2012

I don’t think Snow white is butch I think Kristen is.In fact this article ensured I will never see it! Kristen always acts butch even in press shots. Who wants to see a movie knowing Kristen Stewart still hasn’t learned to act or done anything to fix it. Add the fact that Universal is changing the story completely is ludicrous. I truly hope Universal tanks on this one!By the way Kristen is a key person in the movie yet her voice is not heard in any trailer. You hear Charlize and Chris’s. Makes me wonder if there is any truth to the rumor that her british accent is awful!

marie

Posted at 5:49 PM on February 24, 2012

I think she is bisexual, not lesbian. her total lack of femininity, she never wears handbag, these lesbian rings in her thumb, her way of moving, gesticulating …. of course she is going through a hetro love affair with Rob, but I would not be surprised if later she makes her coming out and have a girlfriend.

Hurley

Posted at 7:27 AM on February 20, 2012

Lmao. Apt title!

zelly

Posted at 5:03 AM on February 18, 2012

what the hell is that title all about, hollywood life?

“Kristen Stewart A Lesbian: Calls Snow White Butch”.

Just cos someone doesn’t like pink doesn’t make them gay

Alisha

Posted at 7:59 PM on February 17, 2012

i really love Kristen Stewart acting she is really a lovey person and really cool to be around her acting is really outstanding she is really pretty also i really do love her

Super

Posted at 7:46 PM on February 17, 2012

It’s strange because even in that suit of armor…she’s hot.

olivia

Posted at 8:40 PM on February 17, 2012

IN THE MOVIE SHE LOOKS BEAUTIFUL AND A SNOW WHITE WHO IS GONA KICK BUTT! PS A LESBIAN TAKE THAT OFF