Bobbi Kristina Brown Will Live With Her Grandmother Cissy Houston

Fri, February 17, 2012 4:33pm EDT by 137 Comments

HollywoodLife.com has learned exclusively that Whitney’s mom Cissy will be taking Bobbi Kristina in indefinitely to make sure she doesn’t turn to drugs and alcohol during this difficult time! Do you think this is the best thing for Bobbi Kristina?

Bobbi Kristina Brown, 18, is reportedly doing much better since she was rushed to the hospital after learning about her mother  Whitney Houston‘s death. But as HollywoodLife.com reported earlier today, her family fears that the funeral tomorrow, Feb. 18, will trigger the initial feelings that sent Bobbi Kristina into a severe breakdown. So that is why her grandmother Cissy Houston has made the firm decision to take her in “indefinitely.”

“Bobbi Kristina is staying with her grandma Cissy Houston in Newark, New Jersey, indefinitely,” a source tells HollywoodLife.com exclusively. “Cissy wants to make sure Bobbi Kristina doesn’t relapse into alcohol and drugs.”

The source tells us that Cissy does not believe that Bobbi Kristina’s father, Bobby Brown, will be able to give her the proper support she needs when she’s in such a fragile state.

“Cissy doesn’t think Bobby can provide Bobbi Kristina with a stable lifestyle. And Bobby’s bizarre behavior last night [Feb. 16] at his concert is yet another example of his inconsistencies,” the source tells us. “Bobby has repeatedly told friends that he won’t leave Bobbi Kristina’s side and will find her the best care available, but Cissy knows the number one person in Bobby Brown’s life is Bobby Brown and it will always be that way.”

UPDATE: Bobbi Kristina Arrives At Whitney Houston’s Private Wake

Cissy has even invited Bobbi Kristina’s friends from Atlanta to stay with her as long as they want! She wants to put her granddaughter in the most comfortable, loving environment possible.

“Cissy has invited two of Bobbi Kristina’s girlfriends from Atlanta to come to Newark this weekend to attend the funeral,” the source says. “Cissy has asked the girls to stay with at her home as long as possible to support Bobbi Kristina, especially this Saturday at the services. Cissy wants Bobbi Kristina to be surrounded with as much support and love as possible. Cissy is determined to keep out all of the riff raff in Bobbi Kristina’s life!”

We’re so happy to hear Bobbi Kristina’s family is looking out for her best interest during this terrible time and that she won’t be returning to an empty home in Atlanta.

What do you think, HollywoodLifers? Is it best for Bobbi Kristina to stay with Cissy? Or do you think she’d be better off living with Bobby Brown? Vote and weigh in below!

– Reporting by Sandra Clark, written by Nicole Karlis

strong>More Whitney Houston News

1. Bobbi Kristina Very Likely To Relapse Into Drugs & Alcohol, Expert Says
  2. Bobby Brown Says: ‘Bobbi Kristina Is Doing Much Better’
  3. Whitney Houston’s Family Wants Bobbi Kristina To Move To New Jersey

Erika Snider

Posted at 12:01 AM on February 26, 2012

It’s simple, there are no morals and values in this world today because if it were they would show this family respect just like they would want..but wait since it’s freedom of the press they feel like these people are obliged to give their lives and personal business to the world. It’s unfair and unfortunate that the world is this cruel. Instead of writing articles about maybe helping these people out they write articles with lies trying to tear them down. Hopefully people will wake up and stop supporting the magazines and gossip and wasting their money. I no for me, I haven’t opened a magazine that Whitney has been on with the lies and gossip. I’m not gonna give them the satisfaction or my money. I didn’t believe or read or buy the crap when she was alive and I’m not going to while she’s dead because I was a true fan

Jamee

Posted at 11:54 PM on February 25, 2012

Well put sandy..it’s obvious how depressed Whitney was and media made her that way. All of the pressure she had. It’s not like how it was a long te ago. Now we have blogs and Internet to pretty much torment you for the rest of your life if they want. At some point you break…either way, I think god called her home because she was one of the good ones in this world who didn’t deserve the hate that goes around now a days. As far as Bobbi krissy goes, I surely hope they lay off of this poor child asap because if they are driving me crazy with the gossip and lies I’m sure she’s one breakdown away from checking into the hospital. And lord knows cissy is probably even more devastated. This lady is in her 70′s..she def doesn’t need the gossip. Let this family grieve.

Sandy

Posted at 11:46 PM on February 25, 2012

To speak about cissy being an enabled or even failing her daughter is nonsense. If anything, with cissy guidance she helped Whitney get back on track but what people fail to realize is addiction isn’t easy to break. When you are addicted, you are no longer able to really function and be in the right state of mind..it’s not something to take lightly and I feel sorry for anyone to get addicted. To add to that Whitney had anxiety and depression which are things that can cause addiction and can also put you in a dark place. Trust me when I say this because I deal with depression and anxiety, it’s a monster. It physically and emotionally hurts, and sometimes feels unbearable. It’s something that people who don’t have the knowledge about speak negatively about it. People believe that the solution is happy pills bit it’s more to it than the pills. I felt so bad for Whitney because being a person who has dealt with depression, I knew she was severly depressed and the media was part of it and the anxiety that she had added to that plus all of her other insecurities and struggles that we didn’t know about is unbearable for anyone. I just pray that the media just back off and let this poor child and her fam grieve in peace because if not she won’t have a choice but to get depressed and have problems. She needs love and therapy and no gossip and lies from the media

Mys-ty

Posted at 5:27 PM on February 23, 2012

Actually I don’t think Cissy is the one to be making decisions for Bobbi at least not at the moment keeping it real she did’t do so well with Whitney (enabler and remaining in denial)Bobbi is not feeling any emotions as far as family and friends are concerned although that’s what Cissy wants her to feel, She needs to be in rehab to learn to deal with her emotions without putting drugs on it. maybe just maybe her family is in mourning mode and she ‘s still in denial it may not be real yet, but when it does hit her like a ton of bricks she should be in a stable environment with professionals to help her thru her tragic loss and wait on her to request the presence of family and friends.

Mar

Posted at 8:49 AM on February 22, 2012

in way i think she need all support from her grandmother cissy thats what whitney wanted and her godmother ce ce winians not going let her go down that path. We know bobby brown had his problems he dealt with.but realize we human we not perfect just pray he get hiself together for his daughter sake she need all support from everyone especially him.rip whitney.

layla

Posted at 12:17 AM on February 22, 2012

She needs to be with her dad! This is the time too start BONDING with him…Momma Houston isn’t young….Who knows how long she will be here???And all she will have that’s close to her is her father. REMEMBER he was in her life for 14yrs, and Whitney loved Bobby!

vanessa

Posted at 7:49 AM on February 22, 2012

I think that that ws rude u didnt have to say that. Her grandmother is just looking out for her just making sure shes ok.and she has as long as God says so.Nobody promised tomorrow.
Yeah Whitney Bobby but she also loved her mother they were more like best friends.

andrea

Posted at 8:55 PM on February 21, 2012

i sorry about your lost in the famliy i know nothing in the world can never ever replace anyone mother but at the same time she should get more close to her daddy she might not want to but i think that will be the best thing for her right now and i hope she can be a little strong i now because i am very very very much close to my mother she means the hole world to me but i will try not to thow my life away i will try to get closer to family and friends much as i can mybe even get a dog are a cat i love all of yall and i going to pray for ever one

Diana

Posted at 2:43 PM on February 21, 2012

Bobbi Kristina is a very beautiful young lady, I truly hope that everything works out for her, Whitney was definitely her backbone, and whatever her mother was doing she always looked out for her daughter, I know she misses her mother some kind a terible. God Bless you Bobbie Kristina, keep your head up. Oh yea you might want to go away to college that will help get your mind off of the ugliness.

Steffine Anderson

Posted at 1:36 PM on February 21, 2012

When I look at you, I see Whitney Houston, she lives within you carry on your mom legacy and be positive and communicate with only positive people love you muah

Tee

Posted at 10:53 AM on February 21, 2012

What I’m saying is, the majority of entertainers use drugs. Because the entertainment business is very stressful. They might smoke a joint every now and then, you know what I’m saying? Or take controlled substances. But Bobby is the one who lead her to uncontrolled substances, that caused her to become dis-functional. And it got so out of control, that she didn’t know how to get off of it, even with professional help. And it drove her crazy, it drove her into debt. and everything. So who’s fault is it?
Had Whitney stayed like she was. She would’ve took her controlled substances, and remained functional.

dayrunner38

Posted at 12:30 AM on February 21, 2012

I’ve been sitting here reading through commments and everything and i’m so sorry for the houston family and all they’ve been through, now what i wanted to say is this, and correct me if i’m wrong whitney and bobby were not married yet she contiued to do drugs and drink, she admitted that she started using cocaine while she was modeling at 16 long before she ever met bobby brown and she continued to use drugs even after thier split, I’m not saying he’s wrong or right but what i am saying is he’s being blamed when he wasn’t even around her at all, now lets think people honestly whitney houston was around her mom and clive davis and yet she still got drugs and she still was doing the samethings that she did with bobby brown,now if you really wanna blame him do it for the right thing, blame him for not having the sense to stop himself and his wife don’t say he’s the cause of her death though when he wasn’t even around…..

Chris

Posted at 10:39 PM on February 20, 2012

AS I DID FOR HER MOM I WILL BE PRAYING FOR BOBBY KRISTINA AS WELL….SHE WILL BE OKAY…THIS IS WHAT THE WORLD WANT TO SEE….I KNOW SHE WILL DO GOOD ….BOBBI KRISTINA YOU HANG ON IN THERE…DONT LET THE WORLD DICTATE WHO YOU ARE…I KNOW YOU WILL BE A FLOWER JUST LIKE YOUR MOTHER WAS …NO MATTER HOW HARD IT GETS JUST PRAY…GOD IS LISTENING AND YOUR MOM IS WATCHING OVER YOU AS WELL….I AM PRAING FOR YOU

Sam

Posted at 10:36 PM on February 20, 2012

It will take a LOT of love and patience to reverse this 18-year-old’s journey in her mother’s footsteps. Apparently her mother approved of her partying in her own house at 16 years of age. I just don’t see her story ending happily. I pray for Cissy who has buried a husband and daughter, now the only one who can save her grand-daughter.

loveyouwhitney

Posted at 10:28 PM on February 20, 2012

Keep that low life leech Bobby brown away.

smithren

Posted at 9:02 PM on February 20, 2012

No, I don’t think this is best. Cissy Houston loves Bobby Kristina, but is in no position to stop her from doing anything especially with her friends from home around (and in Newark where drugs are everywhere). She should be with other relatives in a better position to keep an eye on her. Furthermore ,I do not believe this story is accurate because every other story says they wanted her to go to rehab, so I believe they would push for that arrangement. Finally, let it go. She’s either going to be okay or not. Of course, I pray she is okay, but I really don’t need to hear the day by day of her life. The next thing we hear about Bobby Kristina should be from Bobby Kristina and not these second hand “sources”

Destiny

Posted at 7:33 PM on February 20, 2012

I totally agree with you Jay! I’m glad someone out there has a damn BRAIN! HOW DARE ANYONE SAY THAT Whitney loved Bobby and that he was a loving husband! He is GARGAGE! He used Whitney until he got her broke and then spit her out when she no longer had the funds to support his other children, drugs and alcohol habit!! He is a no good low life and Cissy has EVERY right to protect her grand daughter. Bobby Kristina is still young and fragile and will not be able to make right decisions because she is still extremely young. Just because you are 18 it does not mean you are mature enough to make adult decisions yet. The reality is that Cissy is looking for the best interest of her grand daughter before she ends up making a big mistake like her mom. It’s just a real shame how Whitney put a man before herself. She was worth more than that piece of SH*T, garbage of a man (BOBBY BROWN)!!!!!!!!!!

Julie

Posted at 4:24 PM on February 20, 2012

Absolutely. Bobbi Kristina is blessed to have her Grandma Cissy. Of course she should still see her daddy and spend lots of time with him. But living with her Grandma will be a very good thing.

sunny

Posted at 3:44 PM on February 20, 2012

I pray Bobbi Kristina will stand strong and live her life drug free you saw first hand what drugs did to your Mother and Father so I just will pray for you to take the right road

Gloria Walker

Posted at 3:32 PM on February 20, 2012

I feel that everyone should allow avi casino to make up your own mind. Your 18 years of age. and only bobbi kristina can be the 1 to make a determination I am doing any drugs or alcohol. there is no rehabilitation a drug counseling that can stop by khristina unless she wants 2. I pray for her that he will make this decision on her own. but most of all that’s to replace a God n her life who would have hurt by that demon. let’s all pray for God to move in her life give her the will to trust and have faith that’s a can do it alone with God by her side.

Verna Thomas

Posted at 3:31 PM on February 20, 2012

First of all. Bobby Brown is not Whitney’s husband, he has married again and have a baby boy by this wife. I am making comments on what I have read in the press regarding this sad situation…of Whitney Houston’s death. She was a beautiful person…I feel that she was just to strong willed and just did not listen to her mother and all of the other family members who loved her..if she had…perhaps she might be alive today. My prayers are for Bobbie Kristina I pray that she find a “real purpose” in life …become a useful human being and stay away from bad influences.

felicia thompson

Posted at 7:31 AM on February 20, 2012

I believe in my heart that Whitney would want her daughter to be with the woman that raised &guided her through life. Which her very own mother Cissy Houston. This going to be a tough road for Bobbi KRISTINA and going to need that love &driven force that was given to her very own mother. I pray that the media will allow Whitney down falls be a thing of the past & her legacy shine without any tarnish put to it. Whitney is counting on her fans as well to help BK thru this time too. So no more putting down W.H. for the lifestyle she lead in her final weeks &days left in this troubled world. She’s truly at home now and in peace. B.K. mommy is always with you& know she will always LOVE YOU&GRANDMA!! AND FAMILY.

Kathy

Posted at 3:02 AM on February 20, 2012

To Cissy and Bobbie,

I want to say a special prayer for you both. I hope your lives settle in. I know how hard it must be. I lost my sis a few years ago, age 41 she had three children. We will never know the exact reason.

Her kids have adjusted, but nothing will replace Whitney, she was such a talent. God gave her a beautiful gift in her voice. I hope all is well and happy with your family.

God Bless, Kathy

jobrien

Posted at 1:27 AM on February 20, 2012

She is 18 and although considered an adult in the eyes of the law she is still at an age to make irrational decisions. I pray that she will be able to someday have a healthy relationship with her dad but at this time feel that the arms of her grandmother is what she needs. God bless this family-

Gina

Posted at 12:44 AM on February 20, 2012

Everyone is forgetting one thing Whitney loved Bobby. They still kept contact for ” their” daughter who they both love. Why keep bad mouthing this childs father? Her mother has gone on. Grannie needs to repent stop throwing stones,stop wanting controll let Bobbi have a relaationship with her dad. Stop blaming him for Whitney’s mishaps, she was a beautiful person who had her own mind.

Toni

Posted at 9:39 AM on February 20, 2012

I agree with you 100%! Whitney loved Bobby with all her heart, and even though the two were divorced, Whitney allow Bobby to continue a bond-ship, father contact with their daughter. If Whitney was alive, she would not like nor agree with her mother’s behavior towards Bobby. I think Cissy is actually blaming Bobby for Whitney’s death and Whitney’s mistakes in life. But, Cissy should realize that, Whitney made her own choices! I personally think the family should be focusing on Ray Jay. Ray Jay was supplying drugs to Whitney for years, Ray Jay found Whitney in the tub after he gave Whitney drugs that lead to her death. 1 question, after Ray Jay stated that he is the one infect found Whitney in the tub, why after HR’s he then change his story, wanting his name out of the media and daily news. ” Ray Jay is guilty and he knows it and he doesn’t want to be the blame for Whitney’s death.”

It’s not fair Ray J..AND it’s not fair to Whitney’s family for you to walk around in salience knowing that there’s more than what your telling. Soon, the truth will come out! I’m waiting to see the Hotel Camera & who was the last to leave Whitney’s room & time.

alexis woods

Posted at 10:11 PM on April 4, 2012

omg toni so Ray j killed whitney huh…?

TJ

Posted at 12:41 AM on February 20, 2012

Cissy is too overbearing and Bobby Christina will not tolerate her rules for long.

Toni

Posted at 9:57 AM on February 20, 2012

That’s right, Bobby Chrissy is young and loves to party. I’m sure she will find a way to see her half sisters/brothers and her father. I’m sure of that! Cissy may be trying to protect Whitney’s Estate’s knowing that everything will soon be handed over to Bobby Chrissy, and Cissy doesn’t want father Bobby Brown getting his hands on anything. But, Bobby Chrissy soon 19 years old, there isn’t much Cissy can do, Bobby will always remain Bobby Chrissy’s father & that’s for sure.

Bobby Brown is trying to turn his life around and he’s doing a wonderful job at that. ” Hang in there Bobby Brown, I love ya, and support you 100%. Bobby Brown has other children, those children seem to be well taken care of, I’m sure Bobby Brown would make his daughter Bobby Chrissy more successful in the spot light of music & public, and make something of herself. ” Many people love Bobby Brown…He keep’s it real”

Cissy, I love you and I adore my beautiful sister Whitney but, Cissy you are treating Bobby Brown like he’s an outsider and that’s not right. If anything, Bobby Brown has more power over his own daughter than anyone else. “This is his daughter” Shame on you Cissy for not allowing Bobby to be apart of his own wife’s funeral…He is still her husband until death his him part.

Toni

Posted at 10:01 AM on February 20, 2012

Please excuse me,

He is still her husband until death do him part. Amen

jason pierson

Posted at 2:33 PM on February 20, 2012

You people are so add bobby brown to take over Whitney’s estate brain wash his daughter for money take Whitney’s money and live happily after after sissy is doing the right thing bobby is BA severe addict and always will be one period people he’s not a good role model for his daughter whatsvwrong withnu guts on here. Once your an addict your always an addict I know this because my brother has been addicted for years so folks practice what you preach. U people have no idea of what its like to be a user so shut it. That would be a horrid environment for bobby Christians daughter morons get a life. And yes Whitney did drugs but bobby didn’t help he is just as bad or to blame for her career going down because he was jealous of her success and knew drugs were they answer to ring here. You didn’t see bobby wanting to get clean with Whitney did you then shut the FL up case closed all of you peace

jay

Posted at 2:51 PM on February 20, 2012

Get a life people bobby Kristina having any involvement with her did will destroy her. Bobby brown is a user always will be so lets get that straight. And we all know he is after her money by trying to use his daughter as collaterol so Fk off bobby is no saint he ruined that ladies life by not getting Whitney the help she needed. You people call that a loving husband that cared for his wife come on now sissy has every right to do what she is doing. And people please stop talking about somebody you never knew and worry about your lives your problems and struggles instead of someone else’s. And ray j thanks for being that big drug supplier to Whitney that’s why you broke down in tears at her funeral you crack head