'American Idol' Recap: Did Johnny Keyser Make It Through Las Vegas Week?

Fri, February 17, 2012 2:34am EDT by 36 Comments
Johnny Keyser

The sexy hunk spent most of his time in the pool in Las Vegas instead of at work!

There wasn’t a doubt in my mind Johnny Keyser would make it through Las Vegas week this season on American Idol. In addition to having a fantastic voice, the waiter from Florida got a ton of screen time and was clearly favored by Jennifer Lopez.

However, his work ethic left much to be desired. After cruising through Hollywood Week into Las Vegas, Johnny acted like he hadn’t a care in the world. In fact, he even took time to soak in some rays in Sin City, enjoying the resort pool at his hotel.

Unfortunately, Johnny didn’t make the cut on his charm and tan alone and the judges sent him packing, shocking his many fans.

What did you think of Johnny’s performance? Should he have made it through to the next round?

Loading video...

More ‘American Idol’ News

1. Ryan Seacrest Being Replaced By Neil Patrick Harris On ‘American Idol’?
  2. Will Ryan Seacrest Be Fired From ‘American Idol?’
  3. Scotty McCreery Is Youngest Guy To Ever Debut At The Top Of The All-Genre Charts With His First Album!

רבנות ראשון לציון

Posted at 4:53 AM on May 23, 2012

Right here is the perfect website for anybody who really wants to find out about this topic. You understand so much its almost tough to argue with you (not that I really would want to…HaHa). You definitely put a new spin on a topic that’s been written about for years. Wonderful stuff, just wonderful!

Making Signs

Posted at 12:23 PM on May 21, 2012

I’ll right away seize your rss feed as I can’t find your email subscription link or e-newsletter service. Do you’ve any? Please let me know in order that I may just subscribe. Thanks.

powerpool 2

Posted at 4:01 AM on May 6, 2012

Hello my loved one! I want to say that this post is amazing, nice written and come with almost all vital infos. I would like to see extra posts like this .

Milo

Posted at 10:32 AM on February 25, 2012

He was kinda arrogant and obnoxious. he has the talent but too much ego.

Lori Thompson

Posted at 11:47 PM on February 22, 2012

Not sure what happened to Johnny Keyser at the Idol Las Vegas rounds. He wasnt’ shown on TV, yet was apparently cut. He was obviously so talented that J.Lo said he was “gonna be a star” and now…poof! He’s just gone??? Hmmmpfh!

Marcelo

Posted at 5:52 AM on February 20, 2012

This guy has a problem, too much pride and self-sufficiency, when he sings the voice is nice, the look is very, very good, but he does not mean what he is singing, that is, he does not care about the lyrics meaning at all, he should be a little more humble.

Ralph60

Posted at 2:33 AM on February 18, 2012

You’ve got to be kidding me. This kid was the total package.
My family and I were really expecting to be as excited as watching Adam Lambert week after week. What a complete fiasco.
This is just not right. Waited all night thinking they were
going to keep the best for last. Does not make any sense at all. There has to be another story. What happened to his Vegas Performance??? There is something that they are not releasing.

david64

Posted at 12:57 AM on February 18, 2012

I am just as shocked as everybody else that Johnny Keyser was eliminated. As much as the judges esp Jennifer kept going on about Johnny in his audition in St. Louis, I thought he was a shoe-in for the top 12. But then after that, he barely had no air time at all. During Hollywood Week, he was on long enough for the judges to say that he made it to the next round, (thanks to that chick who kept fainting). That was a strange group he was in anyway. He should have been in an all male group. Then in Las Vegas, we did see him in the beginning rehearsing with his group, and i was getting excited that we were going to see him perform. But no again he was cut did not have any air time at all. OMG jUST long enough for the judges to tell him that he was not making it to the next round. I have 2 theories: 1. I’m thinking that the producers thought that his good looks and (yes im saying it he is sooo sexy,) might be a distraction, and they’re actually concentrating on the singing this year. or as others have suggested that he might have already gotten a record deal, between his St. Louis audition, and Las Vegas rounds. Anyway, just so disspaointed he is no longer in the competition. Good Luck Johnny, you will go far.

aakash p

Posted at 12:53 AM on February 18, 2012

This is why the voice and the x factor is better although I was also this shocked when Paula didn’t bring the anser with her. But she got fired. Bring keyser back like they did with melanie who by the way won.

Barb Olson

Posted at 11:51 PM on February 17, 2012

I was very disappointed Johnny Keyser got cut, especially since they did not even show his performance in Vegas. I think the fact that his Hollywood group had the girl that fainted and because they showed him in the pool, it affected their judgement. He should be brought back.

Mi

Posted at 8:59 PM on February 17, 2012

I haven’t watched American Idol in years. I happen to be channel surfing when I heard Johnny Keyser’s audition and I was hooked. Great voice. I don’t think I will be watching any more American Idol now that he was kicked off.

bsd

Posted at 6:48 PM on February 17, 2012

This was honestly wrong!! Johnny Keyser should not of been voted off!! Way too good, and talented!! A God given talent! Way better than some of the ones they kept. So wrong, so wrong!!! Team Johnny!!!!!! Bring him back!!

Laura Jones

Posted at 6:44 PM on February 17, 2012

I Can not beleive that Johnny got cut.Are you kidding me that kid was amazing.He was the most talented one there,really made a huge mistake.NEED to bring him back,he would have won for sure.

Kim Schmidt Williams

Posted at 6:22 PM on February 17, 2012

What the HELL is going on with IDOL? This kid was the CHOPS. I won’t watch this production again if they don’t bring that talented kid back! Their ratings were less than what they hoped for, but I was jazzed by this boy’s talent. I want everybody to get MAD and scream for his return! Do you want to listen to the droaning of what the judges have left us to watch the rest of the season? Come on WORLD – get up off your rearends and demand a stellar performance. The “Kid” can deliver. I’m not into a nasal country performance for the next 8 weeks. Johnny Rocks! Johnny Rocks! Johnny Rocks! Get rid of the hacks.

Tim Radford

Posted at 5:25 PM on February 17, 2012

Just lost a ton of viewers from the Midwest ! American Idol got it wrong this time !!!!!!! Johnny Keyser was the best one by far ! American Idol will not be watched by a lot of people now ! Hope your ratings this year plunge!

Joey

Posted at 5:29 PM on February 17, 2012

Don’t you live at the lake?? haha

Maureen

Posted at 3:39 PM on February 17, 2012

Well Steven, Randy and JLo you sent the BEST talent on the entire season packing….Johnny Keyser??? Really?????? BIG MISTAKE!!! We would have waited with anticipation every single week to see what he was going to sing next just like the anticipation waiting to see Adam Lambert every week. And you didn’t even bother showing us his performances …at least explain to us why he’s off the show. I repeat….BIG MISTAKE!!!!!

Skylar

Posted at 1:39 PM on February 17, 2012

Why didn’t they show him singing? It gives us no explanation as to why he got cut!

Wtf

Posted at 1:27 PM on February 17, 2012

Really American idol. You let him go out of all people. Big big mistake and you decided to keep reed! Not watching the rest of this season :(

jay standard

Posted at 1:37 PM on February 17, 2012

agree completely. should not have been eliminated

Seriously

Posted at 1:24 PM on February 17, 2012

I didnt believe that he got eliminated. My heart sunk in my chest when hey let him go because they didn’t even air how well the performance was and hat was he only reason I was watching but I new he was a sure fire in and I knew hat he could win the com

Mo patel

Posted at 1:13 PM on February 17, 2012

Personally I think he got a record contract already and left the show.that can be the ONLY explanation of why his exit was so quick and why they never showed Jlo sending him packing with huge tears in her eyes.watch this space,Johnny Keyser will be a star by December.record producers know how he can manipulate runs in songs and probably have the perfect song ready and waiting for him to record……sounds far far fetched?then WTF else could’ve made them send him home?Randy must have been high on food,and it effected his hearing.Jlo probably has Marc anthony on her brain,so she couldn’t concentrate and Tyler must have been his normal high-as-a-kite self otherwise.

Piper

Posted at 12:04 PM on February 17, 2012

When I first heard Johnny sing I stopped what I was doing to listen (Scotty Mccreery had the same effect on me… They both can sing). I just knew he’d win this year. I saw that he had been picked in the round to stay last night but got cut at the end of the program when they were all called back in groups. I think it was bad judgement because they are robbing us of a great talent. I don’t get it. I hope they come up with a reason to bring him back. If not, I hope he gets a contact soon.

Robin White

Posted at 11:58 AM on February 17, 2012

I find it very strange that Johnny was cut after all the hype and his obvious talent. Especially strange that we never saw his group performance in Vegas. Also I hate that American Idol gave the premise that Johnny and his group were a bunch of slackers – anyone who performs professionally knows that you do not rehearse 24/7 – they were part of the day 2 group and probably went to the pool for a little bit of down time. Those scenes that were shown were so taken out of context. I would love to know the real story why he was cut. I am sure it is not what they are leading people to believe……

Edi Matzel

Posted at 11:02 AM on February 17, 2012

Did I miss something because I never saw the “group” performance in Las Vegas that sent Keyser packing. Even after he caught a fainting girl, he sang great and kept it together. It is apparent that American Idol is very very very scripted…all the way to their make believe ending (that does not sell any albums). I think Keyser would have stole the show, and apparently they plan on giving the title to someone else already.

joey

Posted at 6:57 PM on February 17, 2012

yeah whats up with this… you said it all edie!

shocked

Posted at 10:57 AM on February 17, 2012

He seemed like he’d have been in it to the end, at least top 3… it was really surprising to see him go.

karen

Posted at 10:18 AM on February 17, 2012

This kid could have been the AMERICAN IDOL….He is the only contestant who I can remember from the auditions….Instead they have 24 lackluster contestants who nobody can remember……At least IDOL could have showed us why Johnny Keyser was eliminated….

Edi Matzel

Posted at 11:09 AM on February 17, 2012

That is the rub! They never showed his group performance in Las Vegas. Thanks for mentioning that, I thought I just missed it somehow. Go figure…Idol is fiction that just pretends to be real…who knew they would do such a thing on TV ;o)

Merrill

Posted at 1:14 PM on February 17, 2012

They showed his group performance watch back if you can..

Merrill

Posted at 1:15 PM on February 17, 2012

They showed his group performance watch it back if you can…

Merrill

Posted at 1:16 PM on February 17, 2012

And he def shouldn’t have been cut… He was def one of the best singers they had on the show ….!!!!

G-Lo

Posted at 2:34 PM on February 17, 2012

They showed his group performance from Hollywood, where the other girl fainted, but they didn’t show his group from Vegas singing at all – only showed them in the pool and hot tub. Even more suspicious is the fact that you can watch all the other groups full Vegas performances on the AI website, except Johnny’s…..
I’m thinking he’s gone for some other reason that they don’t want us to know about – he was just way too good for anything else to make sense.

Total agreement

Posted at 9:39 PM on May 7, 2012

Something happened in the hot tub @ Vegas that’s not being told. The guy was fantastic!

Kim

Posted at 2:22 PM on February 17, 2012

I thought I missed his performance but I guess they didn’t even show it. He was great and I am so disappointed that he was cut. Bring him back!