'Vampire Diaries' Recap: 'Good' Stefan Returns & Elena Tells Damon To 'Get Over It'

Thu, February 16, 2012 9:43pm EDT by 102 Comments
Courtesy of The CW

There was a major shift in power on this week’s episode — and I’m not just talking about those wacky Originals!

I’m glad Damon (Ian Somerhalder) had his fun with Rebekah (Claire Holt) last week, because their little romp in the sack — while it was, no doubt, super hot — had some serious repercussions on the Feb. 16 episode of The Vampire Diaries. For starters, Elena (Nina Dobrev) literally watched Rebekah do her walk of shame, and even though Damon claimed the hookup had “nothing to do with” Elena, I think we can all agree he just needs to cut the crap.

Stefan (Paul Wesley) certainly agrees, as he also confronted Damon — again — about his feelings for Mystic Falls’ most eligible doppelganger. “She’s better off without me,” Stefan told his broody bro. “And she’s sure as hell better off without you.” Granted, that was all said before Damon realized that Stefan hasn’t had human blood since the night he threatened to drive Elena off the same bridge where her parents died. So, hey, maybe Stefan’s back in the game after all!

But beyond the usual romantic angst, there was also some serious vampire drama going down this week. While Bonnie (Kat Graham) and Abby (Persia White) agreed to help Esther (Alice Evans) with her spell to kill all of her children — seriously, she’s worse than that lady who drowned her kids in a car — the rest of the Originals threatened to kill Elena if Damon and his crew didn’t help them stop her.

And because Elena is permanently in the way of everyone, a new plan was devised to stop Esther’s spell. And it involved Damon snapping Bonnie’s mom’s neck and — you guessed it — turning her into a vampire. It’s a shame Bill Forbes (Jack Coleman) is dead now, because he and Abby could have had some fun with compulsion at the next Mystic Falls High School PTA meeting.

Meanwhile, Klaus (Joseph Morgan) moved forward with Operation Get-In-Caroline’s-Pants this week — and, believe it or not, it almost worked. He managed to woo Caroline (Candice Accola) with his thick accent and fancy British lingo (only the finest of gentleman can get away with calling a girl “love”), but it all fell apart when he caught wind of Damon’s little plan to dagger all of the Originals at once.

And then there’s Elijah (Daniel Gillies). Esther may have accused him of not being noble, but screw that. He’s the most noble vampire this show has ever introduced us to. He even left Elena a touching goodbye note before splitting town at the end of the episode! Speaking of Elena, those two actually seem to have some burgeoning chemistry. If he didn’t look so much older than her, I’d say they should pull a Damon-and-Rebekah.

Oh, did I forget to mention that Meredith (Torrey DeVitto) totally shot Alaric (Matt Davis) at the end of the episode? Because she totally shot Alaric at the end of the episode. I love Torrey, but she is doomed to play a gun-toting psycho for the rest of her career. Good thing she does it so well!

OK, let’s talk about what went down this week: Are you excited for the return of “good” Stefan? Do you still want to see Klaus and Caroline get together? And on a scale of 1 to 10, how worried are you about Alaric? See you in the comments section!

— Andy Swift

Follow Andy on Twitter for more Vampire Diaries updates

heran

Posted at 12:58 PM on March 8, 2012

it’s nice z good stephan is back & i agree with michiboo damon is hotter when he is z bad guy. and carolne & klaus i expect more from them.they have a real chemistry 2gethor as i see it. hope alaric is ok if he dies then things will be reuined.as for elijah he is the best orginal vampire.he’s z second guy i like nxt to stephan he is a real gentlemen……..hope there won’t be any more waking dead vampires or witches.

michiboo

Posted at 10:39 PM on March 2, 2012

ok here I go putting my two cents in…..absolutely a Stefan and Elena fan…I love to watch a relationship start from the begining and watch it grow and that is that they had and it was special….don’t get me wrong cause I love Damon to but not for elena….Damon is a BAD BOY and I love him just like that(don’t change just to get the girl….atleast not Elena)now if you want to say Katherine then I would say HELL YEAH to the matching up with Damon….that’s bad on bad and they was hot!!!!…..but as Elena and Damon nahhhhhhhhh….she belongs with Stefan

I wasn’t feeling the good boy Damon (trying to be the saviour and all to your brother’s girl just to get in her pants….cause in all honesty that relationship would never last) and you just don’t do your brother’s girlfriend…..tacky…..as we have seen as soon as Stefan found out about the “kiss” he went straight to Damon and punched him in the face and not even Damon had to question what was that for….it’s the ultimate disrespect between two brothers

HELL YEAH FOR STEFAN AND ELENA

and now with all that said and done I don’t know about any one else but I LOVED IT when Damon threw one of the originals over the balcony and tried to kill him…NOW THAT’S THE DAMON I LOVE AND KNOW…..I love the fact that he slept with Rebekah….that’s more his speed….fling her against the wall then she throws him on the bed and get it get it…..that was some HOT S**T!!!!!! leave the Love making to Stefan and Elena

Last but not least…..I am feeling Caroline and Klaus….I love Klaus’s softer side….he looks so adorable trying to woo her lol…I love Tyler and Caroline so I hope he stays away for a little while so that we can see Klaus and Caroline together before he comes back and wins her heart back

Let’s do something for Bonnie….she can’t continue to be the go to person when they need something magical done and then she loses everything and everyone….I think she needs a vampire boyfriend of her own but then again the witches would really leave her alone….I don’t know what they can do for her but no normal boyfriend can do…..HELP HER PLEASE!!!!

Nicole

Posted at 4:27 AM on March 2, 2012

BRUNG BACK STELENA! :)

Joyce

Posted at 4:50 AM on March 1, 2012

I love good Stephan, he is such lovely. Stelena fan forever but could there be a situation created to have paul and torrey. I need to se those two loving eyes together.

June richards

Posted at 6:51 PM on February 24, 2012

Damen and Elena make a good couple I do not want them to break up Stephen sucks he is not cute at all Damen is sexy and fine as hell Damen, contact me about a month a go he told me his dog died sorry to hear that I love animals to Ian a sexy woman to if you new how I look you would be disappointed but you are younger then me but Ian sexy as hell that day you. Contact me I enjoyed hearing. From you.

momo

Posted at 9:32 AM on February 23, 2012

i am a delena fan and have been for a long time ,however even though it pains me to say so i think elena should just stick to stephan,because as much as i like elena and damon together i actually like damon moore, and i am absoultly sick of the way he is treated my elena ,its actually discutinggg ,it annoys me that when when he expresses his feelings to her she turns him down,but when he is with someone else ,she gets all upset,she just wants him there with her but she acually wants to be with stephan,it is so obvious that damon and elena will not end up together and in the end it will be stephan and elena …

i just want damon to happy so i do hope he finds someone that appreciates every inch of him ,while elena burns inside ,soorrry but the biatch deserves it !!!

jacob

Posted at 10:01 AM on February 22, 2012

Elena sucks,she said no keeping secrets and she wants all the attention which always lead to disaster….can someone tell why she did’nt tell Elijah what his mother was planning to do and she just lied…she is weak..weak.