If you’re looking to spend some QT time with the kids this weekend, you should go see ‘The Secret World of Arrietty.’
As a child who grew up in the ’90s, I was raised on classic Walt Disney movies. So I was excited to get the chance to see the preview screening of The Secret World of Arrietty on Feb. 9 in NYC! If you’re expecting the usual Disney formula—girl meets Prince Charming, they get married and live happily ever after—this isn’t it. In this heartfelt movie, 14-year-old Arrietty lives with her family of “borrowers” — four-inch-tall people who only take what they need from humans. She is soon discovered by a sick boy named Shawn, and the new friends learn what it means to be brave in this adventurous, cute movie.
Here are a five reasons to pack up the kids and go see The Secret World of Arrietty this weekend:
1. Arrietty is one fearless little girl! You can’t help but admire her attitude, especially when she goes on her first savage for items.
2. Arrietty’s mother is hilarious. She worries easily and babbles on and on. She might remind you of your own mother (or possibility yourself).
3. Arietty and Shawn prove that friendship has no boundaries. Although they may come from two different worlds, they show that it shouldn’t matter.
4. This movie will make you laugh, maybe tear up and even feel sad. It pulls at every emotion you can possibly imagine.
5. You’ll be surprised! Kids aren’t the only ones who will enjoy the movie!
The Secret World of Arrietty hits theaters Feb. 17.
— Jasmine Berry
More Disney magic:
- Disney Introduces Brand New & Much Younger Princess: Meet Sofia
- ‘Wizards Of Waverly Place’ Movie Sequel Is Written & Ready To Be Filmed
- Six Things You Didn’t Know About Radio Disney On Air Personality, Ernie D.