Taylor Swift: I Don't Need A Guy To Be Happy

Thu, February 16, 2012 5:01pm EDT by 12 Comments
Taylor Swift

Even though she sings mostly about love, Taylor Swift says she’s ‘really good at being single’

Taylor Swift has had her fair share of beaus, including (but not limited to) Taylor Lautner, John Mayer and Jake Gyllenhaal, but when it comes to flying solo, we were surprised to hear the 22-year-old country crooner is perfectly content.

“I’m actually really good at being single,” Taylor told Access Hollywood. “As much as I love to complain about it, I’m actually very independent. I’m fine. I’m really good by myself.”

Taylor said she’s open to meeting a new guy right now, but she doesn’t have a check list of what she looks for in a potential boyfriend.

“I’m random,” she explained. “There’s no way to predict a pattern — that’s what my friends tell me.”

She joked, “It sets the bar low for the future. You never know where it’s going to go.”

As far as her song writing is concerned, Taylor said her game hasn’t been too affected by her knack of getting revenge on those who wrong her.

“I don’t think it ever bothers guys when things are good in the beginning,” she said. “I think it bothers them in the end when things aren’t good. But then it’s not really my problem anymore, to care what they think about it.”

Even though she’s just fine being single, we want Taylor to start dating again so we know who she’s talking about in her next album!

Who do YOU think Taylor should date next? Should it be a fellow singer, or should she go back down the actor route? Sound off with your suggestions below.

More Taylor Swift News

1. Taylor Swift Goes Curly & Sexy In New ‘Sugar’ Outtakes
  2. Taylor Swift’s Feminine, Casual Look In London: Perfect To Wear To An Art Museum
  3. Taylor Swift & Zac Efron’s Relationship To Be Revealed Soon

Lola

Posted at 11:37 AM on February 19, 2012

I do understand that she needs to be more confident, but that doesn’t mean you need to badmouth her!!!!! Seriously, let her date the way she wants. If she’s happy the way things are, then so be it…..

Niki

Posted at 11:39 AM on February 19, 2012

I love Taylor and I totally agree with Lola. If she’s gonna date that way, let her date the way she wants!!! Even if she doesn’t get the guy.

Hadley

Posted at 11:54 AM on February 17, 2012

I never ceases to amaze me that Taylor and I are the same age. She has the mental capacity of a young girl in high school. Maybe even middle school.

Jessica

Posted at 7:30 PM on February 18, 2012

I completely agree, yes Taylor is pretty and is famous. but her song writing only goes so far, it sounds like she is stuck in high school. I just think she should grow as an actress, and mature a bit.

Helloworld1

Posted at 10:47 PM on February 16, 2012

I am not a fan of this new hair color she is sporting. No offense- but it looks like a do it yourself job gone bad. I liked her lighter colored hair better. & this color is kind of dull- her hair used to have a nice healthy shine to it. Go back to the original please!

aquarius64

Posted at 8:32 PM on February 16, 2012

Of course she doesn’t need a guy to be happy…she just needs a guy as source material to do a bash song about him. I hope Swifty is happy about the single life because the way she does guys she’s going to remain single.

jessica

Posted at 7:32 PM on February 18, 2012

she is always using guys to write songs,all of her songs are about some boy she dated. she should grow up and be more creative.

gbtw

Posted at 5:49 PM on February 16, 2012

i was person once told me that you could judge a lot about a person’s character by the way they speak about their exes. that she’s actually saying that it’s not her concern what they think once things have gone south speaks VOLUMES. it’s a good think she’s okay with being single, b/c it’s clear that’s how it’s likely to stay for a long time.

gbtw

Posted at 5:50 PM on February 16, 2012

“wise” (not was) person… good “thing” (not think)… :)

joe

Posted at 7:17 PM on February 16, 2012

lmao…the delusion. she can get practically every guy she wants. she is just not bothering atm.

gaby

Posted at 4:23 AM on February 17, 2012

No she can’t have every guys she wants!!! Really you think she’s that attractive?? And now, no guys with senses in Hollywood would like to date this immature girl,” if a guy doesn’t want to finish in a song then he shouldn’t do bad things to me” LOOOOL So she’s always the victim, and only guys do her bad things NOT HER??? She’s so perfect that guys aren’t good enough to be with her! Damn , this brat should come back on earth and reality SHE HAS A PROBLEM!!

Sara

Posted at 12:09 PM on February 17, 2012

I was going to post the exact same comment! The fact that she does not care what these guys think (or what anyone else thinks) shows her level of immaturity. Yes, you need to be confident and not be obsessed about what people think of you all the time but to justify your actions of retaliation by giving it the blow-off are ridiculous.

I love how she sets her bar low for men now. Does she realize what she’s just admitted to? People need to wake up about this girl. She’s brainwashed the sheep.