Debby Ryan Shines In Disney Channel Original Movie, 'Radio Rebel'

Thu, February 16, 2012 3:30pm EDT by 23 Comments
Debby Ryan

The film tells the story of an ordinary high school junior who has a secret alter ego, Radio Rebel — the most popular radio DJ in Seattle. Simply put, Debby Ryan is spectacular!

Debby Ryan is perhaps best known for playing Jessie in the monster hit Disney Channel comedy series, Jessie, or as Bailey Pickett on the long-running Disney Channel series, The Suite Life on Deck. But things have changed with her turn as Tara Adams in Radio Rebel, a shy homebody high school junior who reinvents herself as the most popular radio DJ in town.

Unfortunately for her character, that is right when all the problems begin. Her popularity results in a handful of twists and turns when her secret alter ego threatens the status of her prom, her friendships and her chance with the love of her life, Gavin, who is played by Adam DiMarco.

“Radio Rebel to me is kind of this voice of empowerment; she is kind of the person within you that is usually overpowered by insecurity, by uncertainty or by trends and fads and wanting to be accepted,” Debby told HollywoodLife.com during an exclusive interview.

“It really just says that what’s within you and what’s kind of different and unique about you is really rad, really cool and that is what makes you so awesome and so beautiful!”

Debby also chatted about her future with her music, her acting and her inspirations — and what she would do if she ever hosted Saturday Night Live. Check out the interview, you won’t disappointed!

Radio Rebel premieres on the Disney Channel Friday, Feb. 17 at 8PM, ET/PT.

Loading video...

Russ Weakland

Reese

Posted at 10:19 PM on December 1, 2012

Very good movie, enjoyed the whole thing. Fantastic performance. by all. Thank you for the hard work to entertain all of us. Bless all of you & Happy Holidays

lara ormeno

Posted at 3:26 PM on June 4, 2012

hey debby ryan. how are you doing.i love your show radio rebel.it was good. but i wish that i was on your shows. pleas pleas debby i love you

Red Social Hispana

Posted at 12:28 AM on April 19, 2012

Hello, Neat post. There’s an issue together with your web site in internet explorer, may check this? IE still is the marketplace chief and a good part of folks will omit your wonderful writing due to this problem.

Lydnsey

Posted at 12:04 PM on February 29, 2012

I would love to see this movie. If anyone could tell me when it’s on that would be great!!!!!!

kayla

Posted at 6:52 AM on February 28, 2012

Deby is amazing becouse ahe is every were

Isabelle

Posted at 8:58 PM on February 22, 2012

Omg the movie radio rebel is so hot! And Gavin is so cute

debbyryanfan

Posted at 9:27 AM on February 22, 2012

I thought this movie was great!!!! I don’t think anyone could have played her role better:)

debbyryanfan

Posted at 9:25 AM on February 22, 2012

I thought this movie was great!!!!

corie nelson

Posted at 12:44 PM on February 21, 2012

i love debby ryan’s dress it is so omg to not love tell debby ryan i am her nuber 1 fan i love her muic so omg love her so much my room is ful of debby ryan my bed is debby ryan most of my cloth’s are debby ryan.

by.corie nelson

kimberly

Posted at 2:59 PM on February 20, 2012

i like garvin in the movie he is really cute keep making good movies

live life to the fullest

kimmy

Posted at 2:55 PM on February 20, 2012

i think u should put up a website for peole to wacth the whole movie without having to download please. Instead of looking a over the place to see the movie.I really like this movie ,it really it makes me want to believe in myself but please put a website just for the movie.Debby keep on acting you really make like themselves.put the website.

KIMMY
YOU ROCK!!!!!!!

evelin

Posted at 9:24 PM on February 19, 2012

cool picture if you know i play Redio Rebel in my house

BYE luv you

Hxjd

Posted at 4:02 PM on February 19, 2012

Sirresly Debby is like were .siresly wat happened to her she candeg I rilly miss .I miss her the real her.she doable near to cange .Debby if you here this cang back alll of us miss you.I hop you understand Debby .you don’t need to cange .you are perfect the way you are Debby .all your fans are going to hate you Debby.Debby this is for you this is wat my mom told me.be your self.don’t be someone els.also Debby you are perfect the way you are.you don’t have to be someone els okay Debby.now you understand that yu are perfect the way you are.also you don’t have to keep this a secret at radio rebel .you cold just be your self okay.Debby you cold do this. Just be your self Debby .you are son going to. Loss you fans.we all want you to now that we all love you Debby and we don’t want to loos you. We are your fans and we all love you Debby be ho you are okay by your rands jazneiry

maria

Posted at 7:17 AM on February 28, 2012

me two

Yanelly

Posted at 3:09 PM on February 19, 2012

Debby you are so asom.I rilly wAnt to meat you in person.lol love you Debby .

Kayla

Posted at 3:03 PM on February 19, 2012

Debby is so amazing.She was going to get suspended put she did not.I rilly loved all the posters.There wher asom. Also Debby was so amazing at that movie.I rilly loved it Debby you rooooooooooooooooollll .love you lol you now .

Gaby

Posted at 12:18 AM on February 19, 2012

I am sooooooo excitedfor this show!!!! hmmmmm its like Hannah Montana…well sort of

kali

Posted at 8:31 PM on February 18, 2012

you are amazing deby your in like every show you shine i follow you in your footsteps im totaly like always waching your show right now-radio rebel<3

Chrisgy

Posted at 9:28 PM on February 16, 2012

I hate her as an actress. I don’t think she is very pretty and think she is horrible actress. These shows and movies would be so much better with anybody else. I think her role on zack and Cody was ok but come on find someone better

kali

Posted at 8:36 PM on February 18, 2012

why so mean why do you even bother replying on this website when oveously you dont like debby ):

JJ

Posted at 2:23 PM on February 19, 2012

Agree with you Kali why are you so mean chrisgy. She is a great actress and singer. And will be around for a while. Chrisgy you really should have watch the show closer and the meaning in it about being yourself and accepting other for who they are, and stop the hate.

Kgmc

Posted at 3:39 PM on February 19, 2012

Yah I’m not going to tithe .her she is right y u posted this on the f wedsite .if your on make shore you are on to say sorry in front of every one

celeste rodriguez

Posted at 7:05 PM on May 30, 2012

debby you where great in radio rebel ~love celeste~ (: !!!!!!!