Most Outrageous Celebrity Food Demands: Selena Gomez, Adele & More

Thu, February 16, 2012 3:52pm EST by 16 Comments
Getty Images (2)

If you thought you had a picky appetite, just wait until you hear the food your favorite celebs demand in their dressing rooms!

The first thing you should know about musicians is that they can literally get whatever they want while they’re on tour. Lauren Saks Merriman, CEO of Black Book Music Group, tells FOX News that “making celebrities “comfortable” is one of the most important aspects of the business. HollywoodLife.com collected the demands of three of our favorite singers — Adele, Katy Perry and Selena Gomez – and we want to know whose you think are the most outrageous!

Selena insists on a full supply of turkey sandwiches — but they are not to be made with Wonder Bread. Seriously, God help you if you use Wonder Bread.

Adele also has a thing for sandwiches, but her taste is a little more specific. The Grammy winner requires fresh, individually wrapped sandwiches — but you can forget about making them with chili, vinegar, tomatoes or any form of citrus..

And Katy’s tastes are a little weirder than her fellow pop stars. Along with a water cooler — plus a SIGG bottle for each of her crew members — the recent divorcée also demands freeze-dried strawberries.

So what do you think of these demands? Are they radical, or reasonable?

Jermaine

Posted at 8:38 PM on February 18, 2012

Adele has to have them as she has a throat surgery and they are most likely requested by the doctor. I am a fan of all three of them especially Selena but I found Selena and Katy Perry’s request outrageous.

Adele's Trying to protect her throat

Posted at 12:43 PM on February 18, 2012

Adele cannot have all those citrus foods because she is a beautiful singer and the probably burn her throat. She even had throat surgery. So her requests are really medically required by her doctor.

Gianna

Posted at 4:08 PM on February 17, 2012

it’s not gross I love turkey sandwiches I also don’t really like wonder bread . I love freeze dried strawberries but I like chili vinegar and tomatoes …sorry Adele

Rissa

Posted at 1:58 PM on February 17, 2012

Selena’s “demands” aren’t outrageous or ridiculous at all! Isn’t it allowable to REALLY not want a sandwich on a type of bread you find to be gross? Kinda ruins the whole thing.

Huge selena fan

Posted at 11:40 AM on February 17, 2012

It’s not outrageous. I mean I love turkey sandwiches and Selena

Selene Blue

Posted at 1:34 AM on February 17, 2012

I dont think these demands are really that bad. Strawberries? Turkey sandwiches that she doesnt like with one type of bread? Sandwiches without citrus fruits? Those are not ‘outrageous’ food demands.

Jezmonda

Posted at 1:16 AM on February 17, 2012

I don’t think it’s radical in the least. We all have specific foods we love/hate, and no one questions whether our *demands* are radical or reasonable … Oh, I forgot. It’s because we’re not famous, and no one cares what we eat; as we should do with celebs. They have every right to request food that they like, and every right to their privacy in these matters.

Joe

Posted at 11:58 PM on February 16, 2012

I don’t think Adele’s restrictions are that demanding. It just shows she knows what foods to avoid during a performance. We’re all human, and when we eat, we have a good chance of burping or having the food “come back up.” Citrus is acidic, and could make her oesophagus/vocal chords raspy during a performance. Spicy, hot food isn’t good either.

Touring is strenuous for artists, especially for stars like Adele who rely on nothing else but their vocal ability. If you’ve talked for an extended period of time, you know how tired your voice gets. Singing is far more demanding, especially when you have all those big notes to hit.

Leish

Posted at 10:07 PM on February 16, 2012

Selena Gomez… you’re a dog! I love Adele! :)

Huge Selena Fan

Posted at 11:41 AM on February 17, 2012

Your just jealous leave her alone! She hasnt done anything to you!!

akhi

Posted at 9:50 PM on February 16, 2012

i love selena gomez she is very pretty i like her if she was my big sister that will be cool i love her she is beauitful wonderful joyful

michael a

Posted at 8:58 PM on February 16, 2012

i on selena’s side on this issue,i can’t stand wonder bread,i prefer Roman Meal with my turkey sandwich which is an excellent chioce when comes to a sandwich.SELENATOR 4 EVER.<3

Huge Selena Fan

Posted at 11:43 AM on February 17, 2012

Same!! Luv u Selly

disco

Posted at 6:06 PM on February 16, 2012

Dudes, wonder bread never spoils or squishes. That is not normal.

Me

Posted at 6:22 PM on February 16, 2012

I know right! I hate Wonder Bread, I dont know if its just me but there is a gross after taste. Eww!

Fabi