Damon's New Girlfriend Sage On 'The Vampire Diaries': Why He Deserves Her

Wed, February 15, 2012 4:08pm EDT by 43 Comments
Courtesy of The CW

Is Damon’s new lady friend going to nurse his bruises left by Elena? I hope so!

Unlike many Vampire Diaries fans out there, my first reaction upon hearing that Damon (Ian Somerhalder) was getting himself a new potential love interest was nothing short of joy. OK fine, maybe a little jealousy too. As reported by TV Guide, former Smallville baddie Cassidy Freeman will join the show as Sage, a “murky” vamp who will first appear in a 1912 flashback before reuniting with Damon in present-day Mystic Falls.

So why am I so excited for Damon to be getting some non-Elena (Nina Dobrev) action in his life?

Because he deserves it, that’s why! As much as I love seeing Damon and Stefan (Paul Wesley) battle for Elena’s affections week after week after week after week (x 1,000), I’m also tired of seeing Damon’s supernatural libido going tragically to waste. Sorry, Elena, but you can only string a guy on for so long before he decides you’re not worth the effort.

My only piece of advice to Sage? Enjoy your time in Mystic Falls while you can! Damon’s girlfriends — see Andie (Dawn Olivieri) and Rose (Lauren Cohan) — have a history of suddenly dropping dead.

What’s your take on Sage as a potential love interest for Damon? Do you think he’ll just want to make Elena jealous, or could he really have feelings for someone else? See you in the comments section!

— Andy Swift

Follow Andy on Twitter for more Vampire Diaries updates

Linda

Posted at 10:07 AM on December 25, 2012

And yes, I know Sage is dead. i saw the season. Dead, like every other that has held at least a tiny possibility for Damion to be happy. This is why I wish Damon would stop feeling love for Elena. Because all she does all the time is hurt him. Since they are bring a new character why not use it in Damon’s favor. Why give April to Jeremy? They always go with him and he always lose them. Give Damon a chance. Please.

Linda

Posted at 10:59 PM on December 24, 2012

Come on!!! Why not have Damon fall in love with April. They can kind of hate each other at first and then as the show progresses they get closer until they fall in love. I want April to be the one for Damon. Who supports this?

teamdamonforever

Posted at 4:19 PM on March 21, 2012

for the last fricking time put miley as damons love and name her lyra black please i have a whole club filled with a total of 600 people and 600 want miley and damon trust me its called the damon team and we want dlyra

Stelena

Posted at 7:08 AM on March 1, 2012

WooooO! bring in a new girl! make it worth his wild :)! i kive damon buh i LOVE stelena :D would be great if they became an item again, but still leaving abit of bad stefan with the, :)!

Clare

Posted at 6:21 AM on February 28, 2012

Sage? What’s new? This wouldn’t surprise me, the writers usually have Damon sleep with everything that moves. I’m a Delena fan, but I don’t know why they advertise TVD as a love triangle. Drag and “string a guy along” is an understatement. This show is getting old and repetitive…fast.

teamdamonforever

Posted at 4:21 PM on March 21, 2012

no its not its awsome and im a delena fan to but please dont be rude about the vampire diareis there just trying to please people

mvk

Posted at 8:08 PM on February 27, 2012

It would be nice if the writers would see fit to let Damon find love and be happy for the first time in three years. It would also be nice if it were Elena, but she is so obsessed with Stefan, that it’s not going to happen. I don’t care if Stefan is going back to his boring good vamp ways, he needs to find someone who will challenge him and make him less boring. Sage may not be here to stay. She may just be coming in to ruffle some feathers.

jean

Posted at 5:02 AM on March 10, 2012

It would be nice if stelena are back,because their meant to be.

Destiny

Posted at 10:59 AM on February 23, 2012

I am the biggest fan of Vampire Diaries but Elena and Damon are so over. I really don’t care for Sage either. I’ve waited three seasons to see Damon have a new love interest. I want to see Damon fall in love with Bonnie (Bamon) is so in. Put Damon and Bonnie together they deserve to have real true love.

SAGE

Posted at 8:27 AM on February 22, 2012

I’m way over delena, elena may have feelings for him but she made it clear that stefan who she wants. it took him (and us) 3 seasons to realize it, so i’m all for new love for damon.hope she worth to wait for and not just one of those sex toys..

Jo

Posted at 1:49 PM on February 19, 2012

Just don’t see her as being a love interest. She taught him to be the fun loving/smooth operating gigolo we know and love, but I got the impression that there was little between them