Maci Bookout's Ex Ryan Edwards Now Wants Full Custody Of Their Son

Wed, February 15, 2012 4:15pm EDT by 61 Comments
Maci Bookout Custody

A bitter custody battle between Maci and Ryan is about to begin! She’s already lost her boyfriend — Will she lose her son, too?

Teen Mom star Maci Bookout and her boyfriend of two years, Kyle King, just broke up, but now she’s facing an even bigger issue — her ex and baby daddy Ryan Edwards wants full custody of their 3-year-old Bentley! “Ryan initially wanted join custody,” a source tells Star. “But after her incident in Anaheim when she got kicked out of the hotel, he’s trying to get full custody. Full is what he really wants.”

Maci and Kyle reportedly had a HUGE fight in California about the future of their relationship, and it got so ugly that they were kicked out of the hotel! Maci went out partying until 3 a.m. to blow off steam from the fight, but now Ryan thinks the partying has gone too far.

The source says he’s concerned about how much Maci is partying and drinking. “Maci goes out all the time,” the source explains. “As it is now, Ryan already has Bentley more than she does. Maci will leave Bentley with Ryan so she can go out and party.”

Even worse, the newly single 20-year-old moved in with other party girls. But even though he’s worried, Ryan is waiting to petition the courts until he can definitely prove he’s the more responsible parent.

“He absolutely loves that little boy more than anything,” the source says.

Who do YOU think should have custody of Bentley?

More ‘Teen Mom’ drama:

1. ‘Teen Mom 2′ Star Leah Messer Is Back On Twitter
  2. ‘Teen Mom 2′ Recap: Jenelle Evans Makes A Shocking Discovery In Rehab
  3. Jenelle Evans Spends Valentine’s Day Alone In The Hospital

Mary

Posted at 3:44 PM on June 16, 2012

If it were possible, I think Bentley’s best chance is with adoptive parents like Theresa and Brandon who adopted the other couples baby (Taylor and Catelynn).

Neither Ryan nor Maci were ready for parenting and it evident by their behavior.

Brookelynn

Posted at 5:46 AM on June 13, 2012

I’ve got to say something to you Ryan. You were the one who wanted nothing to do with him at first, kay? So let’s not blame her for going out when you think plans are more important then being with your son. She didn’t make him by herself! Grow up! You have a kid, and he’s here to stay he’s not fake. So, seriously you need to start having more sense. And yeah, Maci I looooove youu, but you gotta stop cussin’ if that’s true, your doing good overall(:

Christy

Posted at 8:16 PM on June 11, 2012

If Ryan does not get joint custody thru the court, he will never get fair visitation. Maci has proved she lies and does not keep her word. She cusses in front of Bently as much as Ryan ever did and laughs when he repeats it. She will let any man change Bentley’s diapers if he will sleep with her. maci is a tramp

mochanilla

Posted at 1:28 PM on June 9, 2012

Like Ryan didnt do this same thing? What a hypocrite

Roxanne

Posted at 12:39 PM on June 9, 2012

I think Ryan and Maci should get back together and work things out for Bently

Mary

Posted at 3:46 PM on June 16, 2012

Really, those two were not meant to be together.

Becky

Posted at 3:22 PM on May 30, 2012

They should have joint custody…Maci was my favorite..but every weekend more and more pictures come out of her and partying..where is Bently in all of this? Most likely with Ryan…I NEVER see any bad pictures of Ryan..only pictures with him and Bentley..Maci needs to get it together for the babys sake!!!

Lesley

Posted at 6:27 PM on May 14, 2012

wow..most people commenting on here are ridiculous and can tell most of you are all young. First of all, you dont know if maci is a good mom or if ryan is a bad dad or vice versa because anything you see on tv is edited and they paint the picture to what they want you to see. so stop pretending like you all know them personally and talking like you all go way back. you dont know what goes on behind close doors so stop pretending you do…plain and simple.

Mary

Posted at 3:52 PM on June 16, 2012

I think most people realize reality TV as well as articles contains editing to make sure there is an entertainment factor.

On that note, I agree we do not know how really their lives are, but what is shown isn’t positive. However, I think there are some truths involved with raising a child as a single parent of teens.

Lilly

Posted at 2:18 PM on April 26, 2012

Isn’t this the same douche bag and douche bag parents who wouldn’t pay any child support or even help her with baby food and diapers?? So NOW they want full custody. When the diaper and formula buying are over? Screw them. So what she partied one night. He was doing it for many nights while she was at home (or working) with a baby.

Cyn

Posted at 4:26 PM on March 8, 2012

Ryan is the person who wants to be mallicious and screw Maci over and have things his way and if he doesnt have things his way he wants to hurt and attack Maci. I think the parents should have joint custody. The person who really suffers is Bentely. If Maci does talk to Ryan he flips out like a manaic, I dont think Maci is partying as much he says she is. I agree just because you go out and party doesnt make you a bad mom. She isnt an alcoholic, she doesnt abuse drugs, she obtain her college education and, still provides for her son. Really that’s what really matters if you can provide for your son.

Sanchezv

Posted at 1:15 AM on March 6, 2012

This is a touchy subject Bentley needs both parents its unfortunate that Ryan got to party and pushed Macintosh and Bentley away in the first place but we only see soo much of what goes on…. but Ryan has grown up now and of Macintosh is being irresponsible then yes Bentley should go to Ryan these are kids were talking about they need stability if not their going to be very unhappy I am a mother I would know…

Karen R.

Posted at 10:33 PM on February 21, 2012

Ryan is merely a puppet for his mother’s desire to gain full custody of Bentley. The thought of them actually being granted full custody makes me cringe. Lord knows we don’t need another d-bag mama’s boy in this world. Right? Ryan is just another example of “Cute on the outside UGLY on the inside”!

miles

Posted at 9:07 PM on February 19, 2012

“And now her wild ways have had a bad effect on the little boy. “Bentley will go to Ryan’s after being with his mom, and he’ll be cussing a lot,” reveals the source. “Ryan will ask where he gets it from, and Bentley says, ‘Mama and Ky.’ She’s being really inappropriate.””
I wonder if the “source” is Ryan’s mother?? Whoever they are they appear to have missed the fact that Ryan swears in front of Bentley alot.Its all on tape for all to see.
Whatever the situation both Maci & Ryan seriously need to grow up & stop using Bentley as a pawn in their power games.

Alli

Posted at 2:47 AM on March 27, 2012

You’re absolutely right. The mudslinging is coming from both directions- not just from Ryan or just from Maci. Plus D-list rags like this site report on everything they do- who knows how much is fabrication? I think they’re acting like teenagers to get the upper hand and, while, it’s understandable because of their age, they should conduct themselves like parents.

Nikki

Posted at 6:13 PM on February 18, 2012

I think ryan should back off maci was always a great mom to her son there were numerous of times that ryan was caught on camera leaving his son to go hang out at night with his friends so whats the big deal about her wanting to do the same now since all of a sudden he wants to play the “I’m a good father role” GET REAL RYAN!

Livi

Posted at 10:38 AM on February 18, 2012

Give her a break man, she’s a great mom and always has been. The minute you hear bad press you want to bash her name? Who’s to even say this story is AT ALL true? If she wants to drink and party then by all means do it as long as Bentley is in good care. We all have no problem pointing the fingers but our hands are never clean either. She’s a human being not a robot get off her back

mel

Posted at 6:33 PM on February 17, 2012

Now that we know teen mom isn’t 100% real and some things are scripted. The show makes maci look like an angel, and Ryan like the devil, cause of the editing. So the show isn’t that reliable.

Leigh

Posted at 5:02 PM on February 17, 2012

I’m a teen mom I had my son when I was 18 and a senior in high school. And he’s 1 now and I don’t get to go out with my friends like I used to. I choiced my son over going out all the time I changed my life around and I even went to school while being pregnant and even after I had him. And I’m engaged to his dad we been together for 2years and don’t plan on breaking up anytime soon because we don’t want to put our son through the whole thing going to a different house all the time we want him to have a stable home and that’s what were doing living happy with our little family.

Me

Posted at 6:06 PM on April 27, 2012

Just remember, no one plans to break up!!

Mary

Posted at 3:57 PM on June 16, 2012

While I commend your parenting skills as a young adult, this is what parenting is period by putting your child first. I hope it works out since divorce is not rare for teen parents who marry.

Imelda

Posted at 2:17 AM on February 17, 2012

I think that they both need to share custody because ryan was no father in teen mom season 1 Maci was always there so he have chill and live maci alone!!

itsme

Posted at 10:29 PM on February 16, 2012

Ik they may be still young but Ryann can be very immature and thnn he goes out at nights n asks othaa peeople to watch bentlyy

JJ

Posted at 2:01 PM on February 16, 2012

Unfortunately, Bentley is just a little pawn in the lives of these two immature parents. It’s becoming altogether too obvious that Teen Mom/& TM2 is showing kids who are having kids are not mature enough to deal with many things concerning their child in the same way an adult would. Most of these girls thought their baby daddy would be around forever and they’d live happily ever after. Sadly, that just doesn’t happen very often, if at all. Then what do the mommies do? Yep, manipulate the baby daddy by threatening his time with his own child. It’s pathetic, but not surprising.

laa

Posted at 4:17 PM on February 18, 2012

Actually not all teen moms are like that you can’t judge us all based on what you see on tv. I had my son at 18, im still with his dad (we’re 21 now), very happy together, both work hard and have good qualifications and put all our energy into raising a healthy, happy, polite little boy. There are plenty of “adults” out there who neglect their children, age has nothing to do with it.

Mercedes

Posted at 10:29 PM on May 12, 2012

Thank you so much!! Took the words right outta my mouth!!

Mary

Posted at 4:06 PM on June 16, 2012

It is good to see teens do their best in raising their children with two parents I hope are now married?
While it is true there are adults who neglect their children, it is less likely then with teens that do not have the maturity with raising a child. Several reasons why include finances, education, and being prepared in life to raise a child. There is something to growing up and life experiences that enables you to be a better parent. I bet many teen parents would express they feel they’ve missed out parts of their lives and instead had to raise their child.

tayya ln

Posted at 4:15 AM on February 16, 2012

I dint believe this. People say that she an alcoholic but idk if sk they both are. Bc he do the same I think they should hag joint custody

My Name(:

Posted at 10:43 PM on February 15, 2012

Even though Maci has her bad sides and bad habits she is the one who basically takes care of Bentley. It seems that’s even though Ryan is trying to grow up and be a good dad he’s still kind of more focused on being a kid. The whole Kyle situation, Maci shouldnt worry about she should break up with him because he’s brining arguments and that’s not good for Bentley to be around

ihaveaname?

Posted at 6:45 PM on February 15, 2012

Let’s just say Maci isn’t as innocent as she looks on tv. She is a HUGE party animal off the show. She gets drunk basically every single night of the week, including the days when she has Bentley. Anyone who follows her friends on twitter can see all the tweets about them going out to clubs or taking shots, etc at home. Furthermore, Maci and her friends will tweet pictutres with Bentley and thne be headed out to a club or be posting about drinking, all after just tweeting such pictures as Bentley sleeping in the other room! Ever since she moved out it seems she hasn’t gone a day without getting drunk. I feel sorry for Bentley having to live in that environment. Maci’s drinking and partying has gotten worse and worse, but since the breakup with the influence of her new roomies, she’s out of control. Oh, and you can go to Maci Bookout’s Official Fan Page on facebook to see the pictures of her drinking and partying that are added daily if you don’t believe me. Or look at her friends twitters. She parties and drinks on her days with Bentley way too much lately. I wonder if they’ll show her recent HORRIBLE behavior on Teen Mom?

Amy

Posted at 6:40 PM on February 15, 2012

I think Ryan should go te hell and leave her alone with Bentley. I’m tired of him and HE IS NOT A GOOD FATHER!!!!!

Mother of 4

Posted at 5:00 PM on February 15, 2012

Both of these monster parents doesnt DESERVE this poor Innocent little boy. He should be in foster care.

HI 50

Posted at 9:29 AM on February 16, 2012

Foster care will mess Bentley up! Give the little boy to his grandparents. Bentley would thrive in a stable home versus young parents who are still teenagers.

itsme

Posted at 10:31 PM on February 16, 2012

MACI aint that bad ryann is the bad one maci has her bad sides but she aint all together bad

Kris

Posted at 4:51 PM on February 15, 2012

Ryan has been a crappy parent from day 1!! You can’t wait 3 years and then decide its time to be a dad- give me a break… I have NEVER gotten the impression that Maci is a party animal- and I just don’t believe it. So what of she’s blowing off steam- everyone is guilty of that sometimes and I’m sure she’s not making a habit out of it.

kc

Posted at 9:28 PM on February 15, 2012

If you don’t believe Maci is a party animal go to her fan page and literally all her pictures are her drunk.