Taylor Swift: I'm Always Going To Write About My Ex-Boyfriends

Tue, February 14, 2012 4:37pm EDT by 13 Comments
Taylor Swift New Album

Taylor Swift revealed some never before heard details about her upcoming album on MTV First last night, and don’t worry — there are more love songs on their way!

Taylor Swift might be getting older and more mature, but she’s not planning on omitting details about her love life in her upcoming album. During an interview with MTV First, the 22-year-old country crooner dished about fourth record in detail for the first time.

Love is always going to be a huge theme in what I write about just because there are no two similar relationships,” she said. “It’s all different. I’m fascinated by that, as has kind of shown throughout my albums. But you know,  22 is different than 18 and 19 when I made my last album. As you grow, you change the way you process emotion.”

Specifics about Taylor’s next album have been scarce, so we thought she might be putting off making new material. However, that’s far from the case.

“I’ve been writing so much in the last year,” she admitted. “The label keeps telling me we’re finished! But I keep writing and turning in different versions. I’m going to work on it until I have zero time left to work on it.”

Unlike her last album, Speak Now, which she wrote entirely on her own, Taylor said she’s been more open to collaborating on this record.

“I’m getting to work with people I’ve always wanted to work with,” she said. “I’m constantly around people who love what they do. I’m trying to be a sponge with this record. You have to evolve.”

To date, Taylor’s won six Grammy Awards, 10 American Music Awards and dozens of others, making her one of the most successful artists in the world. We are counting down the months to her next album release. Are YOU excited to hear Taylor’s new stuff?

More Grammys News

1. Rihanna Sings ‘We Found Love’ In Front Of Chris Brown At The 2012 Grammys
  2. Grammy Awards 2012 Winners List — Adele, Jay-Z & More
  3. Chris Brown: First Grammy Performance Since Rihanna Assault

jenn

Posted at 4:56 PM on May 9, 2012

i find it sick that this girl has won 6 grammys based off of nothing but her relationship garage. her music doesnt mean anything. this girl needs a therapist…..sick

Annoyed TS fan!!!

Posted at 2:36 AM on July 30, 2012

WHAT?!

Barbare

Posted at 9:25 PM on March 28, 2012

Taylor Swift- Come in With the RainTaylor Swift- Untouchable (Luna Halo)Taylor Swift- Come in With the Rain Starts out a bit bad and get really good later on in it, but that’s just my oipinon.

reiyah13

Posted at 11:15 PM on February 16, 2012

wow.. CongratZZZ TAylor Swift i’m so proud of you…Mwuah..i’ll always be your fan..forever and always…:)

c

Posted at 2:03 PM on February 15, 2012

i feel like once she grows up she’ll learn there is more to life than boys

lexi

Posted at 5:20 PM on February 21, 2012

the thing is she is grown up, she will be turning 23 this year but she still goes through life like she is 16, i am 18 and boys aren’t the most important thing in my life, i find it weriod that she says she writes song about her life but i know boys is not everything in her life, she should write about friends, family, even fan , she needs to change it up a little, her music is sounding the same now

jake (adam) huber

Posted at 1:28 PM on February 15, 2012

Why is taylor so chicken to be jesus& moses mother Gods 2 witnesses? She was eve and cursed us all! Now /od offers her a chance to have 2 babies on dec 22 2012 to save earth and have God spare ~Earth from being flipped over and she runs like a chicken now everyone over 20 won’t see jesus in this generation and we will be cursed again malachi 4;5 I am adam/elijah the Dad she’s Eve and about to curse and kill us all if she rejects christ and her soul mate do the right thing taylor I’m here I traveled from heaven1038yrs to come here because you had God wake me up I’m in hell here because of you. Worry about God more that fame when our kids are Gods 2 witnesses why you gotta be so chicken, jake huber aka adam/israel/king david/elijah/joanah/job/joh the baptist. The tree of life branch are you gonna curse us all .again eve. Bring it chicken lady bock bock

c

Posted at 2:04 PM on February 15, 2012

maybe next time you see him you should get god to teach you how to spell…

Dayum806

Posted at 9:58 PM on February 14, 2012

You guys can say all the crap you want but it’s not going to change what she is doing.. She doesn’t care whether or not you listen to her. And neither does anyone else in the world so just SHUT UP cause no one cares!!

helllokitty2142

Posted at 6:03 PM on February 14, 2012

okay well good luck and i dont think i will listens to ur songs so much anymore cuz if ur gonna keep writing the same things…..its gonna get boring

dumas1000

Posted at 5:03 PM on February 14, 2012

Prepare to be 30 years old, having trouble getting a date, and have everyone accusing you of being gay. Because that’s exactly what happened to Kelly Clarkson, because she refused to stop dumping on ex-boyfriends in her songs. Recently, Kelly admitted that guys are afraid to date her, partially due to their fears that she will write bad songs about them on her next album.

dbcheusy

Posted at 8:33 PM on February 14, 2012

That’s not going to happen to her tho… she doesn’t trash the people in her songs. If she is in a relationship, and it goes bad, she writes about it and how it changed her life. There’s so many people that write stupid break up songs like adele, rihanna, and katy perry. Its old, yeah, but u don’t have to listen to them, and that’s the end of it… however, that doesn’t mean you have to bag on her like that.

Helloworld1

Posted at 4:47 PM on February 14, 2012

In other words- I have really high standards & if u don’t make the cut- the world will know! Lol! I love Taylor. I think she is such a talented writer- & truth be told she’s just singing something we have all thought before. Rock it!