Matt Bomer Is Gay: 'White Collar' Actor Comes Out At Awards Ceremony

Tue, February 14, 2012 9:36am EDT by 65 Comments
Matt Bomer Gay

Micenmen

Posted at 6:03 AM on February 2, 2014

I am so shocked by some of the comments I just read in here :( So much ignorance pisses me off, honestly.
I’m a straight young woman who loves handsome young men (gotta love a fine specimen like Matt Bomer, hehe), and loathes discrimination.
What do I care what this or that celebrity (or anyone) does in the intimacy of their home? Does it make him a bad actor? A bad person? Does it make him less sexy? Would I have any more chances to even meet this guy if he was straight? No! The truth is his sexual orientations change nothing for me as a spectator. If anything, I find it sweet that he has a happy family life. Wish them the best!
Just to be clear, I don’t have gay friends, I really don’t care about gay people all in all, but I really can’t stand homophobic comments. I just don’t see anything dysfunctional about it: it’s still love between two people and there’s nothing more beautiful than that. That’s also what kids need the most, I’m sure 2 dads can be as good or bad parents as any couple.
Anyway! The only waste I see here, is misguided people who think they are saving the civilization from sin, they might think they convey the message of Christ, or whatever, while in fact if you ask me, they only get their heads filled with nonsensical archaic reasoning based only on their narrow minded fears. Christ said to love each other, morons.
There are so many things that are just so wrong in this world, that I care about those rare little things our messed up society can be proud of. To me, acknowledging an iconic sexy male like him, the way he is, is one of them.

Jennifer

Posted at 1:51 PM on October 9, 2013

I don’t understand why people want him to be the lead in 50 shades of grey, obviously It’ll make him uncomfortable…

jim

Posted at 9:59 PM on September 4, 2013

i love him all the more

Mimi

Posted at 7:56 AM on July 13, 2013

Idiots

anotherbear

Posted at 12:01 AM on July 13, 2013

So what? .He also has two legs, two arms and a head.

Ren

Posted at 12:15 AM on August 3, 2012

I don’t get this. Matt isn’t Neal, and the looks haven’t changed. Plus as non-hollywood viewers we’d probably have a .00001% chance of ever getting with an actor we find very hot. It’s Neal’s personality I love but Matt’s looks certainly don’t hurt. I still watch the show and I still find Neal very hot (and Matt too).

As for the everyone gay question. The arts seem to be one of the most accepting of the LGBT lifestyle (unlike sports, politics, etc.) so it’s not surprising that so many go in that direction professionally and hence eventually come out.

Ren

Posted at 12:16 AM on August 3, 2012

My longer post was in response to RV, but it didn’t log that way….

tks

Posted at 11:45 AM on July 11, 2012

I had no idea, but it doesn’t matter to me. I love him in White Collar because he’s adorable and a good actor. This doesn’t change my opinion of him or the show.

RV

Posted at 9:11 PM on July 10, 2012

So tired, is everyone gay? I love White Collar, now however it has lost its appeal to me. As a woman who found ‘Neal’ very hot– ughh

AKE

Posted at 11:12 AM on July 4, 2012

My parrot just came out. Does that count?