Whitney Houston's Family Wants Bobbi Kristina To Move To New Jersey

Tue, February 14, 2012 9:25pm EDT by 37 Comments
Bobbi Brown Whitney Houston

One of Whitney Houston’s family friends tells HollywoodLife.com the family wants Bobbi Kristina to move to New Jersey to be closer to them during this difficult time

Whitney Houston‘s daughter, Bobbi Kristina, is fighting for her life, as HollywoodLife.com first told you and now her grandma and extended family wants her to move out of Atlanta, Georgia and closer to them.

“Whitney’s family and close friends want Bobbi Kristina to move back to New Jersey,” a friend of the family’s tells us. “They want Bobbi Kristina to have a fresh start and Whitney’s mom Cissy is the driving force behind this.”

Before her sudden death last week, Whitney was planning on moving back to New Jersey, so the family feels like this is what she wanted for her 18-year-old daughter.

“Life in Atlanta is too chaotic for Bobbi Kristina and she isn’t particularly close to her father Bobby Brown,” our source says. “Whitney’s family and friends want to make sure Bobbi Kristina is surrounded by healthy, positive influences. Bobbi Kristina had at one point expressed an interest in moving to Los Angeles, but she was so incredibly close to her mom, she would never, ever leave her side.”

Adds the insider, “Whitney was also Bobbi Kristina’s best friend. Whitney’s family wants Bobbi Kristina to have a huge support system and they feel like they can provide that for her in N. J.”

Neighbors at her Atlanta home told us Bobbi Kristina was largely left to her own devices and was considered quite the party animal in her neighborhood. Perhaps a move to New Jersey to be with her grandmother would be a good idea.

Regardless of what she chooses to do, our thoughts and prayers are with Bobbi Kristina and her family during this difficult time.

Reporting by Sandra Clark

More Whitney:

1. Whitney Houston’s Daughter Bobbi Kristina is ‘Fighting For Her Life,’ say Sources
  2. Whitney Houston’s Daughter Bobbi Kristina Brown Had Been Excited About Grammys For Weeks
  3. Jennifer Hudson Performs Tribute To Whitney Houston At 2012 Grammys

Shirley

Posted at 12:09 AM on February 20, 2012

My wish is that Bobbi Kristina will do something very constructive with her life such as going to college to obtain a degree. Make your mother and yourself proud.

Tom

Posted at 12:13 PM on February 19, 2012

Whitney was a reckless whore who loved life and debauchery. Whitney had no time for God. No wonder God killed her in a bathtub. Do not idolize Whitney. Do not admire her. Whitney was an ignorant debased woman of easy virtue who gained the whole world but lost her soul. Accept Jesus as lord and personal saviour to receive salvation from the wrath of God.

Billy

Posted at 12:04 PM on February 19, 2012

Bobbi kristina, I beg you in the name of our lord and saviour Jesus christ to desist from addiction to drugs and alcohol. Whitney was a bad example since she was addicted to drugs and alcohol. Unfortunately this addiction led to an untimely death and eternal suffering in hell fire. Stop attending night clubs and ungodly parties. Read your bible and pray everyday. Fame is transient at the expense of your soul. You are going to hell if you are not a true born again child of God. Whitney is buurning in hell fire now.

Quartney Edmondson

Posted at 6:50 PM on February 18, 2012

I wanna say not all will understand or trully know the poison of having to last a parent down until you must. I pray that the family heal and fill all of their voids work love and true comfort for Bobbi k and Bobby B and her mom. I know and understand what’s to come after the cameras are off and it all hits you. When it finally becomes real. Comfort eachother and God will bring you thru. I know because I lost my mom just 1 yr ago. God Bless and Whitney I know you’ve traveled well.

angel rhoten

Posted at 2:50 PM on February 18, 2012

I give my coldoences to the family. Losin someone you are close to is very hard. I lost my brother 13hy113yrs ago. I no the good lord helped me and I will pray he will help you heal over your loss. God bless you and your family. I grew up listening to her songs & her music with her voice moved me. I loved watching her movies. She will be missed a great deal, however, she still lives on in your heart and she will b watching over you from heaven.

Ron Henderson

Posted at 12:03 PM on February 18, 2012

She gave so much to the world with her talent. I remember meeting Whitney back in the mid-eighties, she was a beautiful lady very warm and friendly. “This” is a tremendous loss to our world. I will always remember Whitney Houston.

Musyoka

Posted at 9:03 AM on February 18, 2012

We will miss Whitney 4 real.

kathy

Posted at 11:04 PM on February 17, 2012

she will be missed but westill have her through her music she was a beautiful woman inside and out rip

Kasy thompson

Posted at 8:24 AM on February 18, 2012

I woke up this morning with a hurt and pain which did not ease up until i prayed and ask God for strength for the Houston and Brown family. My dog Diamond also tried to sooth my sorrow…Bobbi Kristina your mom looked at you with Loving Eyes..she loved you so..i believe in miracles and feel you will grow and do great things the your mommy would have wanted…when i look at you i see Whitney. Be strong baby girl you are a butterfly who wings will soar to great heights one day soon. love Kasy Thompson of Chicago. Chi town will forever hold Whitney to the light and she will never be forgotten..I lost my dad so i know it hurts. Be strong! I believe in you so its time to do and remember your mom want the BEST in you to SHINE Always!

TANYUAWALKER

Posted at 7:51 PM on February 17, 2012

NO I DONT THINK SHE WOUID TURN TO DRUG LET JESUS TAKE CARE OF U AND SORRY FOR THE LOST OF YOUR MOM SHE WAS A GREAT SINGER AND SHE WILL BE MISS YOUR TRULY TANYUA WALKER HEAR IN LIMA OHIH

lilelgq

Posted at 7:05 PM on February 17, 2012

I truly hope God hears this. I think it would be great if bobbi kristina decides to live with her grandmother so that she can have the best support and love that she can get. She doesn’t need to be around all negativity. She needs a great positive role model. She needs lots of love and guidance. She don’t need anyone that’s gone mislead her and not care for her well being. With her grandmother and Dion Warwick she can have the great support and love….And besides her grandmother needs her and they can help each other.

Pilar

Posted at 5:44 PM on February 17, 2012

Simple..Bobbi Kristina needs to stay far away from her father because this was a man who brought her mother down and yes Whitney was grown but we all make mistakes..just watching that oprah interview knowing that he spit I’m whitney’s face and Bobbi Kristina seeing it just makes me cringe…plus Whitney just died yet he’s going to leave his daughter who is suffering so much to go be in a BS concert ..I mean I know you have to make a living since he was living off Whitney for a long time but sheesh your priorities need to be in order

Nancy

Posted at 5:38 PM on February 17, 2012

Look, taking Xanax and anxiety or antidepressants are so common with musicians because they are sensitive people..look at how shy Whitney was..it’s common. Just because she wa addicted to weed and cocaine at one point doesn’t mean that she was addicted on Xanax. I know so many people who take Xanax and other things and drink not realizing or knowing the effects it could have. They shouldn’t jump to conclusions on this matter because no one knows. I’m wondering what will these monsters say if toxicology report comes back and there isn’t a high level of Xanax in her system and no or very little alcohol is in her system..they already said that it doesnt appear that she doctor shopped..they said she visited the doctor 2 or 3 times before she died and come to find out it was legit..she went to nose and throat specialist for a sore throat in which her autopsy proved her throat was inflamed, and then theysaid she went to the dentist to get her teeth cleaned. It sounds like she wasn’t back to her old ways, sounds like a mistake to me..I wonder what will be the response

Racquel

Posted at 5:30 PM on February 17, 2012

I’m sorry but I dot believe any of the stories about Whitney acting crazy or binge drinking because all the pics that they are showing Whitney looked good..even the club pic she looked like someone who just left the club who had a good time dancing..u don’t know about anyone else but I have never seen any lady leave out of a club looking exactly how they entered. They usually look sweaty and a mess from dancing. Plus her friends said she wasn’t acting crazy, te only people who are saying this is the “sources” and usually “sources” means it’s lies. The media tormented her through her career, can they at least let her rest in peace. At the end of the day she will be remember for setting the bar for what it is to be a real icon and singer, how to sell records without using sex, and being the best singer period..when her name comes up in the US and in other countries no one will focus on her drug addiction they will remember her craft so please let this woman rest already

Sienna Dylan

Posted at 5:23 PM on February 17, 2012

What ever happen to the days when we let the dead rest in piece and respect families and let them grieve. This world is so hateful now..when will the media get the point that their garbage headlines is part of the reason why these people become miserable. How many lies told, too many photos taken or not giving them their personal space will it take for them to realize that it’s hurting our people. This lady had an addiction like many people do, we don’t know if we lost her due to an addiction, but what we shoul be doing is being respectful because this was a mother, sister and daughter, and her child and family is grieving bad..she was Whitney Houston to us…she was family to them. If my heart hurts from her death I cam just gain how her family and friends feel. We don’t know what she was going through and we should not judge based on her past because if that were the case none of us are worthy of redemption or forgiveness..I pray that Bobbi Kristina gets the care that she needs and Make her mother proud and I hope the media stays away from her and just leave her alone completely

vena

Posted at 1:16 AM on February 21, 2012

Very well put! I agree!

Rachel

Posted at 5:16 PM on February 17, 2012

Such a beautiful lady and spiritbi hope she finally has the peace she deserves..after all of the tabloid lies of drugs, dying and everything under the sun, I hope they are now happy.no one deserves that much hate. I just listened to the interview she did with Wendy Williams when Wendy was on the radio. Wendy was being very shady and asking too many personal and offensive questions yet Whitney put her in check, cursed her out but still told Wendy that she loved her and god bless her..I also watched many of her performances and gosh this woman had a light in her eyes that vie never seen from any singer. Hopefully Bobbi goes with the Houston family and stay away from Bobby

Joan mckenzie

Posted at 5:10 PM on February 17, 2012

Still literally in tears over her death..she was my fav singer and in my opinion she set the bar so high. Never needed the bright lights, never needed to dance provocatively, and never had to be sexual or dress sexy..all she did was sing, and he sang real music. I find it a little ironic that her first song was about god and her last performance was also. I also find it ironic that in every interview that she did she mentioned her faith and it’s ironic that I will always love you was her biggest hit, and now the song has been playing and playing and it’s the last song that was sung to her. It makes me sad because based on interviews it bothered her about the media lying on her and not letting her live..I hope she died knowing how much lots of people loved her so deeply. I think god blessed this woman with something never seen and he let her do her work and brought her home. Addiction or not, this lady had a beautiful spirit and made you feel like she cared about you when she sang..this tears me up on the inside

Jackie

Posted at 5:02 PM on February 17, 2012

The same way the media made Whitney miserable and said is the same way their attempting to make Bobbi Kristina..when will the media learn that they too are some of the reason why these people turn to self medicating or drugs or drinking..they are human and have feelings..I think out of respect they should back off and let the professionals do their jobs and stop making up stories and trying to play detective. Just going back looking at her oprah interview Whitney was In pain and the causing was Bobby and the media. People keep focusing on one little negative or aspect of her life and that’s te drugs..he positives outweigh her negatives by a long shot and at these times that’s what people should focus on instead of obsessing on her personal life..we should remember there’s a reason why it’s called PERSONAL life and there’s a reason why they call it your past. We all have a past and no one should judge. The one thing that stood out to me looking back from her very first interview to her mid career when she was at her worse to the very end..she always spoke about her faith, god and her family. You can tell that that’s all she knew she could count on at the end of the day..he very first song was about god and her very last performance was Jesus loves me..I guess god wanted his angel. May she rest in peace.

yvette

Posted at 11:48 PM on February 16, 2012

My advise 2Bobbi is to stay with family members,Bobbie needs to b around positive ppl in her life,hopefully her grandmother will b d one to guide her to d right path,my prayers r with Bobbi & her beautiful family,Bobbi I hope ur able to heal fast if possible,get all d help y need who u can,let ur grandmother help u…don’t let ur self down,we luv u,plz take d advise,& let d Lord b with u & d family,hope all goes well for everyone

Rona Wright

Posted at 5:06 PM on February 16, 2012

I wish all of the very very best for Bobbi Kristina. She is really going to need all of the love and support possible. I can’t imagine her pain, and my heart truly goes out to her and her dear family. She needs only positive people and influences around her, and people should stop with all of this negative energy and show more respect for this greiving family. People should step back and give them their space and respect their privacy. Wishing the family well. We will always love our beautiful Whitney Houston!

nunya

Posted at 1:41 PM on February 16, 2012

This. Is one of the stupidest stories I’ve read. Sandra. Do better

Yvonne

Posted at 2:36 AM on February 16, 2012

prayers go out to Bobbi Kristina and the family they will be in our prayers. God bless them and keep them.

c

Posted at 1:53 PM on February 15, 2012

fighting for her life? really? and jersey sucks.. i’ve been there many times. How is uprooting her to a far inferior state helping the poor child

joanne

Posted at 12:51 AM on February 15, 2012

Bobbi stay with grandma she knows what’s best for her granddaughter

joanne

Posted at 12:47 AM on February 15, 2012

It’s. Good. For her to be with. Grandma. Right. Now. If that. Happened. To me i would. Love for. My kids to be with. Grandma

Janey T

Posted at 10:14 PM on February 14, 2012

It sounds like a great idea for Bobbi to be around Whitney’s family. Hopefully she can stabilize her own drug addictions before it is too late for her as well.

tarnicea