News reports revealed that Houston most likely died from drugs — not drowning — and that she was buying her Xanax and other prescription drugs from the same pharmacy that supplied Michael Jackson.
Whitney Houston, 48, was found dead in a tub at the Beverly Hilton Hotel on Saturday, Feb. 11 — a day before the Grammys.
TMZ has learned what the singer was taking: ibuprofen (painkiller), Xanax (anti-depressant), Midol (for menstrual cramps), and amoxicillin. (It’s being reported that the bacterial fighter amoxicillin was prescribed to the singer because she was suffering from a sore throat.)
The bottle of pills dated back to 2011 but some were also prescribed this year.
Sources tell TMZ that some of Whitney’s prescriptions came from Mickey Fine Pharmacy — the same pharmacy that supplied Michael Jackson with boatloads of various drugs, including the painkiller Demerol.
Law officials say that Whitney most likely died from a heart attack from her lethal combo of drugs, although it’s too early to know with certainty.
Meanwhile, the L.A. Coroner’s Office has allowed the family to take the pop singer’s body to Newark, New Jersey, to prepare it for burial.
More Whitney Houston News:
- Whitney Houston Visited Multiple Doctors Days Before Death
- Whitney Houston’s Daughter Bobbi Kristina Will Go Home To Empty House In Atlanta
- Bobbi Kristina Had Scary Bathtub Experience The Day Before Whitney Houston Died