Celebs Like Katy Perry & Katherine Heigl Wearing this New York Fashion Week Polish Trend

Mon, February 13, 2012 1:00pm EDT by 8 Comments

Celebrities have caught on quite quickly to this major runway trend. Get the look!

Katy Perry, Katherine Heigl and Dita Von Teese are just a few celebs wearing clear polish with colored tips. It is a manicure that has been spreading like wildfire across the runways at New York Fashion Week. Pictured is a model poses backstage at the Joy Cioci show wearing clear with black colored tips. At the Behnaz Sarafpour show models wore clear polish with metallic tipped nails. It’s just like a french manicure but with a bold pop of color on the tips instead of white. Keep reading to find out how to recreate the look at home.

If you want to try the look straight from the runways, here are a few backstage beauty tips. Nail brand CND’s Candice Manacchio created the look at Joy Cioci by using CND polish in Putty as a base and Blackjack on the tips in a fishnet design.

At Behnaz Sarafpour, CND’s Roxanne Valinoti created gold metallic tips using CND polish in Gold Chrome.

The best part about this look is that you can try it with any colors! Just make sure the bolder, brighter shade is on the tips and the more neutral color is your base. Mix and match until you find a combo that you love!

Eden Univer

Desmond

Posted at 10:37 PM on March 17, 2012

Vad kul att se lite liv he4r igen =) Not Like The Movies e4r det enda lacket jag har lagt trsaasna pe5 e4n se5 le4nge, men de ser fina ut allihop.

Mya

Posted at 3:47 PM on March 8, 2012

Basically, this has nothing to do with anything but, recently I quite biting my nails and I’m leting them grow and I can’t wait to do blue tips since I often wore fake nails so I could paint them!

Theresa

Posted at 7:13 PM on February 21, 2012

I love colored tips! Been doing it for ever. I like color on my nails but I don’t like the whole nail painted. Love love love colored tips!

Michele

Posted at 2:51 PM on February 21, 2012

I’m a nail tech and have been doing this since I graduated 8 years ago. I’m surprised this is considered “new” especially since I live in Kansas where most trends take years to get to us. Anyways, this is super cute and I love offering this to my clients!

TJ

Posted at 2:16 PM on February 21, 2012

I have been doing my nails like this in Wisconsin for 2 years. Nothing new here :)

FashionWhistle

Posted at 8:48 PM on February 13, 2012

Did Katy Perry’s with my daughter a few weeks ago with BLACK tips… really cool looking. Totally different fashion look from the white french.

CaliGirl

Posted at 7:19 PM on February 13, 2012

We Californians have too.

blackbeauty

Posted at 2:10 PM on February 13, 2012

We New Yorkers have been doing our nails like this for years now………