Michelle Duggar’s Miscarriage To Air On ’19 Kids And Counting’

Sun, February 12, 2012 5:58pm EDT by 27 Comments
Michelle Duggar Miscarriage

The Duggars want to share their story with the world.

Michelle Duggar suffered a tragic miscarriage in December and TLC plans to air the heartbreaking moment the family learned the news on 19 Kids And Counting, RadarOnline.com reports.

Michelle was five months pregnant with Jubilee Duggar when she had a miscarriage.

Do you think it’s right for this to be aired on their series?

More Duggar News

1. Lady Who Tried To Extort The Duggars Finally Arrested
  2. Michelle Duggar’s Heartbreaking Letter To Miscarried Baby Jubilee — Listen Here
  3. Michelle Duggar Suffers Miscarriage — So Sad

du lịch sapa mùa đông 2012

Posted at 1:11 PM on April 11, 2014

This is really interesting, You are a very skilled blogger.
I’ve joined your feed and look forward to seeking more of your wonderful
post. Also, I’ve shared your site in my social
networks!

mwixzvzytdxo

Posted at 7:14 PM on June 13, 2013

udjcfdbnitxi

Jess

Posted at 7:04 PM on March 7, 2012

Jubilee rollz… those r my favorite! Especially the onez from friendlyzzzz yummmmmmm!

Mrs.Duck

Posted at 12:01 AM on March 4, 2012

I’m glad they chose to air it. As a woman who has suffered a miscarriage, who has friends who have suffered one, or multiple, it will be encouraging. So often miscarriage sufferers suffer in quiet. It’s this thing that we’re afraid to talk about, especially if it happened early on in the pregnancy, before many of our loved ones even knew we were expecting. Its harder to explain you were pregnant, when you’ve lost the pregnancy, than it is to announce you ARE expecting.

Jess

Posted at 2:20 AM on March 1, 2012

She should have swallowed

Nora

Posted at 11:18 AM on March 12, 2012

Pig.

Kms

Posted at 1:22 AM on February 29, 2012

I personally think it’s every couples right to decide how many children is right for them as long as they hard working people who aren’t depending on tax payers to take care them. The Duggers CLEARLY do not ask us to support their family. So why is it anyone else’s business? They thank God, no matter the out come. I wish I could be more like them.

rosa verde

Posted at 2:39 PM on February 28, 2012

Hi duggars my name is rosa verde i live in tx i just want to say how sorry i’m about your loss im 19 weeks pregnant and at 15 weeks i almost lost my baby but thank God i still have him with i just pray for your family and please do so for mine. May god bless you always.

Amy

Posted at 9:15 PM on February 21, 2012

Its not up to us when they stop haveing gods childern god is to make that. God does everything in his timeing not ours . It is not for us to judge anyone he will do that when your day comes to meet him. We are to love everyone not hate or gossip nor judge

christy

Posted at 3:33 PM on February 16, 2012

I want to tell Michelle I know exactly what she Is going through. I lost my son back in July of 1999, when I was also 5 months pregnant. I went to a Dr appointment and they could find no heartbeat then they did ultrasound and I carried him for 2 days knowing he was gone. When I had him his cord was wrapped around his neck. I miss him and I love him everyday. I named him michael Dalton.

Sarah

Posted at 1:52 AM on February 15, 2012

While I empathize deeply with any mother who experiences such a tragic loss, it seems it is now time for her and Jim to realize that her body has probably reached it’s limits as far as further pregnancies go. Josie was born severely premature and while she may seem healthy now, she could experience problems down the road in terms of learning disabilities, cognitive impairments etc that won’t become apparent until she is school age. Now she has had this still birth (not a miscarriage given how far along she was in her pregnancy).

Not only is she putting the life of a future child at risk but her own life is at significant risk too. It’s extremely irresponsible and selfish to continue having children at this point given what has transpired with her last two pregnancies.

It’s their choice to air the miscarriage aftermath on TLC but what is it going to take for Michelle and Jim Duggar to recognize that her body is already sending out VERY strong signals that it’s done in terms of having more kids and just enjoy the 19 beautiful children they already have ?

Kay

Posted at 12:39 AM on March 18, 2012

I understand the facts with having a premature baby and what it can do to the child as they grow older. I’ve had 11 live children (6 were 3 sets of twins), 3 miscarriages, and 1 stillborn at 6 months gestation & all within a 10 year period, & only one of them was a premie. He is almost 18 now and you would have never known it. He’s 6′ 3″ & 200lbs now & healthy as an ox. I pray that Josie is as lucky as he was growing up. I was blessed with having so many wonderful children and wouldn’t have changed it in any way. My last 2 pregnancies were horrible, I was on bed rest the entire time with both of them. They were both breech, and I’ve never had a c-section. I chose all natural births. It was a wonderful experience. I would love to have just one more child, but God had other plans for me. Women were having babies the natural way for many years before they had epidurals & other types of pain relief, so I give kudos to all the women still doing it. God will choose what’s in store for the Duggars the same way he chooses for every woman. My youngest is 8 yrs old now & I hope my children have the same wonderful experience that I did. I love how they raise their children and don’t need welfare to survive, especially in this day & age. We survive just fine without welfare & it makes me sick knowing people are having babies just so they can get welfare & not have to work for a living. I seen a woman the other day getting out of an escalade with 5 kids & pregnant with another. she had gold teeth, gold around her neck & on every finger, her kids were dressed in tattered clothes and had the gall to walk up and ask the group I was with where the food stamp office was! It’s ok if the family actually needs the help, but it’s people like her, that makes it hard for the ones who really deserve it. I know my family isn’t perfect, but we have God to thank for giving us the knowledge to make the hard times better. I have a lot of respect for Michelle & Jim for having so many beautiful children and the way they are being raised. God will choose what’s right for them. GOD BLESS…..

Holly

Posted at 9:59 PM on February 14, 2012

It’s a part of life and miscarriages do happen, it’s good to see it happen to a prominent TV family too because it puts the human aspect back in all these “Reality” shows. It’s a shame she lost the baby, but she really needs to stop having more kids. It’s hard on her body, and even harder on the unborn baby. Sad to say, I am almost hoping that at some point she has to have a hysterectomy.

Donna

Posted at 9:14 AM on February 13, 2012

I think it is a pull for ratings but the lost of a child…no matter what stage of pregnancy is hard…even though I have not experience it personally I have had close personal friends who have lost a child and twins…she went all the way to the end and lost her twin boys right after delivery but life does go on and she had two more beautiful boys so I think it would be good for them to air it and let other women know tht they are not alone and u can survive such a tragic thing as in losin a child…

Shelley

Posted at 7:52 AM on February 13, 2012

They have a right under the First Amendment of the Constitution to air their miscarriage/stillbirth. They have the right to show as much as they like on the topic. Is it a pull for ratings? maybe.. maybe not. They’ve had since December to mourn. I know alot of my friends that are big fans of their show were mourning for their loss also. They are probably doing it more for themselves and their friends then ratings. I personally don’t care for them. I don’t think they should exploit their family like they do. And, I think they keep having children for the show. Having too many children could be seen as a “sin” or an act against God/Nature as much as not having any (by choice). But they have the right to do what they like.

Courtney

Posted at 7:14 AM on February 13, 2012

Everyone is different. If this helps them heal, then I am all for it. There is not a worse feeling than losing a child. It isn’t some dirty little secret. I think it would be beneficial for them, and others who have dealt with similar things, to see it talked about more openly.

Laurie

Posted at 1:26 AM on February 13, 2012

Where’s Jana?

tam

Posted at 9:38 AM on February 20, 2012

You are right. I’m not sure if it’s Jana missing from the picture but there are only 18 of the kids in the picture. Josh and Anna are holding their children.

LMayers

Posted at 12:10 AM on February 13, 2012

Tragic :( who else.feels like this might b Gods way of telling them to stop having.kids! They had complications w/ their last child & now they’ve lost this one. Enough is enough….

Courtney

Posted at 7:16 AM on February 13, 2012

Loss of a child is God’s way of telling people to stop having children? Do you realize how ridiculous that sounds? I lost a child during my second pregnancy. Should I have not had another child after that? Was God telling me to stop? That’s crazy.

Shelley

Posted at 7:46 AM on February 13, 2012

Courtney of course God wasn’t telling you to stop having a child after your second child. It was also your 2nd not your 19th. There are enough children in the world many who do not have family, food or clothing. I have to agree with LMayers of course it’s tragic. But it seems like now would be a good time for the Duggars to stop making more people and help the ones that are already here.

D.Wessel

Posted at 7:28 PM on February 14, 2012

I had two miscarriages between our daughter and son. The doctor explained that it was God’s way of taking care of something that wasn’t right. I think that her uterus is just not capable of carrying another child. They should be content that they have had 19 healthy children, or at least 18 healthy ones, Josie I feel will have issues all her life from being so premature. I agree….enough is enough and cut the show and start caring for all of their children instead of expecting the older girls to do all of the mothering to all of these kids as they come along. The older girls have not been able to live a normal life as a child themselves.

mel

Posted at 12:02 AM on February 13, 2012

Can’t anything be kept private now a days? People will do anything for rating

erin

Posted at 9:05 PM on February 16, 2012

How many shows do you see where they show miscarriages or stillbirths? Grey’s Anatomy is the only one I can think of. And until recently, A Baby Story had never touched on it.
Until you have lost a baby, I do not feel that you have any idea what these people are going through. And have no right to judge them. It is absolutely ridiculous to say this is God’s way of telling them to stop. My first child was stillborn at 22 weeks. Based on what some of the people out there think, I should have stopped and not had my son. That is so unbelievable.
I think airing the show is going to help so many people who are going through this. It is very lonely and very hard and I commend them for sharing it and helping others get through it.

Toni

Posted at 10:25 PM on February 12, 2012

You Re right and they should keep a lot of it private but to say tht they ha a stillborn should be enough they shouldn’t show the funeral or the delivery bc that would be pushing it. I don’t watch the show but it really is a taboo subject that Boone likes to talk snout to this day. I’m also really sorry about your loss also.

Toni

Posted at 8:31 PM on February 12, 2012

It’s not a miscarriage when your 5 months it’s a stillborn and the same thing Happend to me in august with my daughter it was horrible and devastating and I will always remember holding my baby girl in my arms that day. I think it’s a good thing to put on tv bc it shows the people who have been through it that they are not alone and it’s ok to talk about it. I will be watching that episode With a box of tissues and remembering my daughter savannah Mae.

Me

Posted at 9:10 PM on February 12, 2012

I’m so sorry for your loss, I know how hard it is. As someone who has also lost I child I wanted to offer the counter opinion. I don’t think that this is something that should be shared with the world. It’s very private. I personally will not be able to watch their show anymore because I feel that this is a bit of a pull for ratings. If not, I still think that my personal memories of my loss will override any interest in seeing the same tragic even played out for reality TV.