Madonna Disses M.I.A. After Super Bowl Middle Finger

Fri, February 10, 2012 12:02pm EDT by 14 Comments
Madonna M.I.A.

Madge called in to ‘On Air with Ryan Seacrest‘ to slam M.I.A. for her ‘finger malfunction’ during the Super Bowl’s halftime show…and needless to say, she didn’t mince her words! And why should she!

Madonna, 52, told radio host Ryan Seacrest that she wasn’t the least bit happy about M.I.A.’s  supposedly “nervous” compulsion to flip the birdie during her much-anticipated halftime show. And she certainly didn’t know that M.I.A. planned the obscene gesture which she pulled in the middle of Madonna’s new single, “Give Me All Your Luvin.

“I was really surprised. I didn’t know anything about it,” the Material Girl confessed. “I wasn’t happy about it. I understand it’s punk rock and everything, but to me there was such a feeling of love and good energy, and positivity; it seemed negative. It’s such a teenager…irrelevant thing to do…It was just out of place.”

Couldn’t agree with you more, Madonna! Flipping the finger had no place at the family-friendly Super Bowl and M.I.A. hasn’t even been woman enough to issue an apology!

More Madonna News:

1. Do You Like Madonna’s Sharp Gold Nails For Her Super Bowl Halftime Performance?
  2. M.I.A. Blames Super Bowl Middle Finger On ‘Adrenaline And Nerves’
  3. Get Madonna’s Non-Surgical Facelift Now

Aspen

Posted at 3:38 PM on April 19, 2012

Aw , the luciferian illuminati ritual had some of it’s channeling energies defused when MIA used the middle finger.

Joey

Posted at 11:58 AM on March 28, 2012

Maddona is a slut from the lowest bowels of hell

Ron

Posted at 11:01 AM on February 13, 2012

I hope that M.I.A. misses out on some future performance opportunities,as there should be consequences for her actions.She was getting paid to be part of a show,so she just needed to do her job.Her prank was totally disrespectful to viewers.What would happen to you if you did this at work?I hope that you would suffer consequences for your actions.Being nervous is no excuse for being insulting.I hope to never see her perform again.

JuneBug

Posted at 2:24 AM on February 11, 2012

This is soooo hypocritical…really. What’s childish is appearing on late night tv and cursing for an entire hour lest we forget madonna’s interview with Letterman. So who’s she fooling being all high-and-mighty…Puleeze.

BLEH

Posted at 7:51 PM on February 10, 2012

Omgosh its not that serious if kids were watching it prolly didnt see it and now a days kids do wayyyy more bad stuff than this like really its not even that serious.

m

Posted at 3:56 PM on February 10, 2012

I agree with Madonna. so dumb of her to do. yeah, M.I.A. good luck. if this is what you wanted to do for attention to fame? Uuummmm…. it’s not a good start for anything girl. How immature.

shera

Posted at 2:30 PM on February 10, 2012

OMG shame M.I.A
poor girl shes in deeep stuff

jesie

Posted at 1:16 PM on February 10, 2012

I hate M.A.I thats why she is not famous i dont understand why madona hired here to be there……this girl no education thats why her career is not going nowhere…..stupid you M.A.I goodluck with your career

nope

Posted at 3:20 PM on February 10, 2012

Seriously, learn how to spell before you go on a rant about education.

Justice is served

Posted at 1:46 AM on March 10, 2012

You seem to know what you are talking about as you have impeccable grammar skills.

Nancy

Posted at 12:42 PM on February 10, 2012

Sigh….are they still talking about this. There is so much going on in the world and they are still talking about this. We have regular TV shows that allow the use of profanity, for example d**k,bast**d, & a**. Just fine her and be done with it. Madonna isn’t a Saint…..JUSTIFY MY LOVE video and the controvery video LIKE A PRAYER….remember that? We all moved on from that, so lets just move on.

LittleMo

Posted at 3:58 PM on February 10, 2012

But with those shows, especially MTV videos (have seen “Like a Prayer” many times) you know it’s not PG material. The Superbowl halftime show is supposed to be “no risque” stuff as there are small kids watching. M.I.A. was dead wrong – too bad she doesn’t go MIA.

Michelle

Posted at 12:08 PM on February 10, 2012

i don’t think she ment it like that . she also did it in the video as well. she ment no harm when she did that.

Babs

Posted at 11:59 AM on February 10, 2012

It was tacky and uncalled for…just shows the kind of person she is. Low class.