'Secret Circle' Recap: Cassie Makes A Sacrifice To Save Adam

Thu, February 9, 2012 10:57pm EDT by 6 Comments
Courtesy of The CW

Plus, Diana and Faye slut it up big time — while Melissa convulses on the floor.

Cassie’s (Britt Robertson) game of emotional ping-pong continued on the Feb. 9 episode of The Secret Circle – and Adam (Thomas Dekker) was, once again, this week’s winner. His prize? A mouth party with Chance Harbor’s darkest little witch! If kissing were a big deal, I might have to call Cassie a slut.

Fortunately it’s not a big deal, so Chance Harbor’s “Big Ol’ Slut” award goes to none other than Faye (Phoebe Tonkin), who began the episode by waking up to an underwear-clad Jake (Chris Zylka.) Ladies, for those of you who looked at Jake and wondered “boxers or briefs,” wonder no more!

The rest of the circle decided to throw an anti-Valentine’s, no-boys-allowed slumber party — but that all went to crap when Diana (Shelley Hennig) decided to cast a spell to summon a hot pizza delivery guy to the door and make out with him. Keep in mind, this was after she made out with Lee (Grey Damon.) Hm… Maybe I should have given her the “Big Ol’ Slut” award.

Cassie kind of killed the party when she showed up complaining about seeing ghosts. And after a brief, but memorable, seance — the dead witches simply spelled out the word “sacred” — Cassie left to visit the church where John Blackwell killed the infamous coven. Jake and Adam once again rushed to Cassie’s rescue, but this time, Cassie had to make a choice: Let the dead witches kill Adam, after possessing him, or give them the medallion?

Jake wanted Cassie to keep the medallion (what a surprise), but like I said above, Adam and Cassie ended the episode with a hot lip-lock. So I’m sure you can figure out who survived between Adam and the medallion.

I would like to note that, once again, Melissa (Jessica Parker Kennedy) had the worst week ever. Not only was she the only member of the circle who didn’t get a Valentine’s Day hookup, but she also spent a good chunk of the hour convulsing on the floor. Is she cursed and we just don’t know it? I feel really badly for Melissa — and JPK.

OK, now you tell me how you felt about this week’s episode: Are you glad Cassie kissed Jake (again)? Do you think John Blackwell will prove to be a friend or foe? And, seriously, when is Melissa not going to have a terrible week? See you in the comments section!

— Andy Swift

Follow Andy on Twitter for more Secret Circle updates

Ann

Posted at 8:41 AM on February 16, 2012

I hated that kiss -.-

- Both the kiss between Cadam and Fake..

Daniela

Posted at 1:51 AM on February 11, 2012

Awesome fayana scenes! that’s all i can say about the episode :)) the rest of it doesn’t matter at all… at least for me hehe FAYANA ftw

Shivi

Posted at 8:54 AM on February 10, 2012

I didn’t think Melissa had it all bad. She now has two friends who will be there for her after tonight and that’s Diana and Faye. Their whole development in last night’s episode was really fun to watch, and hilarious too! Melissa and Diana killed it, and dare I say it, but the Devil’s Spirit was put into god use by showing us a new side of Diana. I’d love to see more of Diana’s fun side!

This episode was really good. It had everything it needed to make for a great episode and it succeeded.

Now, I’m no shipper, but I do like Jake and Cassie, however, the scene with Adam and Cassie was very sweet and I actually do like seeing these two together. Besides, that’s not to say Cassie and Jake won’t have a time in the series when they are together; they will I’m sure.

I’m really looking forward to next week’s episode with John Blackwell being back! Great recap by the way, Andy! Always keeping it fun. :)

Julia

Posted at 12:52 AM on February 10, 2012

Usually I’m neither here nor there about Secret Circle episodes, I just kind of watch them, but this one was actually really good. The story, the creepy/scary elements, the development of friendships/relationships. Speaking of, I do like Cassie and Adam and I think they have a good thing. I know some people like Cassie and Jake but I don’t, really, and a lot of those people just seem to mention how hot Jake is for why. I think Faye and Jake are amazing! And Faye/Melissa/Diana friendship is sweet. Overall a good episode.

Andy Swift

Posted at 7:32 AM on February 10, 2012

Samesies!

Tara

Posted at 8:45 AM on February 16, 2012

They might have a thing, but Adam is so annoying anyway -.-