'Vampire Diaries' Stars Strip Down For Entertainment Weekly — Which Cover Is Hottest?

Wed, February 8, 2012 4:14pm EDT by 48 Comments
Courtesy of Entertainment Weekly (3)

Join me in analyzing the new ‘Vampire Diaries’ covers & how they appeal to each of the show’s rabid shippers. Which stars look best undressed?

Fans of The Vampire Diaries are going to smile (and probably blush) when their copy of Entertainment Weekly arrives on their doorstep this week. The show’s holy trinity — Ian Somerhalder, Nina Dobrev, and Paul Wesley — graces three crazy hot covers, each fueling different ships. The show’s executive producers, Kevin Williamson and Julie Plec, even discuss how they worry about angering the shippers while brainstorming story lines. Fortunately, I have a feeling these covers will make everyone happy.

OK, here’s the part where I analyze each of the three covers to death. Read what I think, or just skip my nonsense and vote for the one you think is hottest. Either way, we all win.

NINA & IAN:

I’m not just saying this because of my blatant Damon-Elena bias, but this is undeniably the hottest of the three covers. Not only are Ian and Nina both totally nakey, but they’re both doing some hardcore smoldering at the camera. I dare say it puts Damon’s (many) bathtub scenes to shame.

I also appreciate this cover because it totally feeds into Ian and Nina’s real-life relationship, or at least what people think of their relationship. When asked about an off-camera romance with Nina, Ian simply responds, “Nothing has been confirmed yet.”

NINA & PAUL:

This cover is what one might call “tasteful,” and I wouldn’t be surprised if hardcore Stefan-Elena shippers feel cheated. That said, Nina and Paul still look all kinds of sexy and I feel ugly just discussing what I’m seeing.

It’s also interesting to note that they’re under dark sheets, as opposed to the pearly white bedding on Nina’s cover with Ian. While I’m sure this is merely a nod to Stefan’s dark side this season, I can’t help but think that Ian would have been under the dark sheets had this cover come out two years ago. My how things change.

ALL THREE:

Talk about a crowd-pleaser! The cover with all three stars — which, I think, blows the pants off the Rolling Stone cover with the True Blood cast — perfectly sums up what The Vampire Diaries is all about. Everyone is sexy and everyone wants Elena. Plus, you get to see at least 5 percent of the side of Ian’s left butt cheek. So, that’s pretty spectacular.

— Andy Swift

Follow Andy on Twitter for more Vampire Diaries updates

Find a Manhattan Condo Today

Posted at 8:55 PM on May 31, 2012

I feel that is one of the such a lot important information for me. And i’m happy studying your article. However want to commentary on few basic issues, The web site taste is ideal, the articles is really excellent : D. Just right activity, cheers

swechha manandhar

Posted at 5:16 AM on April 14, 2012

i think damon n elene perfect couple that i have ever seen . Daman i mean ian he is vry sweet,hot n handsome n i love way he work . Elene is also so sweet n i loving seeing him in screen n way she t alk n i love seeing them together . God bless them . Luv u bth

ninah

Posted at 12:50 AM on March 7, 2012

Ok guys the truth is that if it wasnt becuz nina and Ian seemed to be naked, the picture wouldn’t be as appealing as they made it seem. I can just put a bra on nina’s cover with Ian and the picture would totally become average and simple. Idk i saw the behind the scenes, Ian seemed to be very connected to her but the outcome of nian’s cover was not that good compared to dobsley’s cover. As the comment below me, Paul and nina felt more connected, I know its weird cuz they’re not couple but Paul and nina’s photo was really sexy and really appealing with bra or without it even better

elora

Posted at 5:14 AM on January 8, 2013

i do agree with you. but it is also to be confessed that the nian couple not only here luk hotter than pina

kaylah

Posted at 12:10 AM on March 7, 2012

I think nina and Ian’s cover was somewhat off :/.. Idk I just didn’t feel the connection, they were just there naked. It was off and I love nian they are adorable. I think Paul and nina’s cover was better, cuz eventhough nina was wearing a bra with paul, I still felt the strong connection, maybe for the way Paul put his face on nina. It is just better and she didn’t need to appear completely naked with him to make it bloody sexy

LTVD

Posted at 3:02 AM on February 22, 2012

I know Nian are real couple in life, but their pic looks trashy and cheap for some reason.
Pina’s photo is a little bit tastier, at least Nina did look that dull.

tally

Posted at 11:01 AM on February 15, 2012

OMG damon looks so hot like he ready to bite in to someting……why cant it be me. boohoo

Damonlover4eva

Posted at 7:29 PM on February 14, 2012

Hotie Damon

Jen

Posted at 4:00 AM on February 13, 2012

I’m actually struggling with this one. I am a HARD-CORE Delena shipper, but I find that Ian and Nina’s cover lacks that naturalism that Paul and Nina’s has.

That being said: I’m going to have to go with both the Salvatore’s, because I could never pick Stefan over Damon. Sorry.

Bbii!x

Posted at 4:19 PM on February 12, 2012

Stelena all the way!!!! thats natural and real trust me if nina and ian weren’t dating there would not be as much delena fans as there now!

Stefan & Elena <3

cm

Posted at 5:31 AM on February 15, 2012

Your argument is invalid. All Delena shippers would therefore ship Datherine. NOPE!
I was shipping Damon and Elena by the end of Season 1, because I was bored by cheeSE. That was long before Nian were common knowledge.

RoseNemesis

Posted at 12:45 AM on February 11, 2012

Dear retarded people,

Don’t compare The Vampire Diaries with Twilight. You’re comparing God with a worthless little shit.