Miley Cyrus Suspender Tights V. Selena Gomez: Learn How To Wear The Trend

Wed, February 8, 2012 1:46pm EDT by 88 Comments
miley cyrus tights selena gomez

While both stars worked the suspender tights trend, they looked totally different! Find out how you can work them the right way, SHOP & let us know which style was best.

Selena Gomez and Miley Cyrus both turned up showing off the suspender tights trend in their House of Holland Chain Suspender Tights by Pretty Polly. While the look is definitely youthful and fun, since it is a bit racy you want to make sure you balance out the rest of your look, keeping the get-up neat and chic, just like Selena did! Miley, on the other hand, opted for a more laid-back, mismatched style.

Miley definitely has more of a boho-chic sense of style and that’s exactly how she worked her tights — however, her outfit had too much going on! While you can definitely wear them with shorts and flats, it’s best to keep the look polished and a bit more dressed up since it is such a sexy trend. From the boots to the embellished short and printed tee, Miley’s look was all over the place — not to mention that she was wearing them during the day while running errands! I love how the star has her own sense of style, but I would’ve preferred to see her work the trend a bit more glam for a night out.

While Miley’s look was busy, Selena totally rocked it — and if you want to try out the trend, I recommend taking a cue from Selena. Since you will be showing some leg, your best bet is a platform pump or bootie that won’t distract from the tights. Feel free to pair them with a short skirt, mini or shorts — a nice pair of winter shorts in a leather-like material or tweed would work well. Personally, I love the look with a skirt — especially a pleated, high-waisted leather skirt. Again, you don’t want to the look to get too busy, and you want the focus to stay on the tights! The most important component is your top — definitely keep it more modest! Showing that much leg and cleavage will look cheap, not chic. I love how Selena paired a printed scarf and blouse to her look, balancing out the outfit.

What do you think? Do you like Miley’s mismatched, casual style or do you prefer Selena’s pretty polished look?

Katrina Mitzeliotis

dumas1000

Posted at 3:20 PM on February 9, 2012

I saw what you did there, Hollywood Life, but I ain’t biting.

Komal

Posted at 3:17 PM on February 9, 2012

I don’t c how Miley’s winning I man she looks sloppy and horrible and has fat legs

candyee100

Posted at 2:38 PM on February 9, 2012

I am Candyee, a mature, sexy and beautiful dancer.’ you may try to change your life now even the life before is well. But many people want to have another new found, my friends introduce a good site for me== W’ealthychat,.c^0^m == is is an exciting and magic place!! I met a guy as my soul mate, i am sure you will not regret, so why not try

ashley

Posted at 1:20 PM on February 9, 2012

WTF……. MILEY IS NOT sloppy !

sadok

Posted at 1:11 PM on February 9, 2012

Miley :) Better Than AnyBody Else :)

harsh

Posted at 1:09 PM on February 9, 2012

selena u angle in the world…

xcz

Posted at 11:38 AM on February 9, 2012

i like both…i dont see how miley was ‘sloppy’?

Roberta

Posted at 10:49 AM on February 9, 2012

I think selena gomez wearing those tights the best of miley … and he looks more beautiful and elegant! But in a sense I think I also, like many others. that these “socks” are put under dresses and skirts.

barbara

Posted at 9:46 AM on February 9, 2012

they both look like wanna be hookers this isnt fashion its pantyhose that should be worn under clothes!!!!!!!!

Ali Hart

Posted at 9:39 AM on February 9, 2012

I love Miley, she has amazing fashion choices, and is a great role model (before you trash me, think: Would you want to look up to someone who fakes everything, or someone who’s living her life and not caring about other, being yourself?), but her outfit looks really messy, while Selena’s is polished and nice. :)

zejna

Posted at 9:25 AM on February 9, 2012

Miley look soo better then selena

MileySmiley Love)

Posted at 8:49 AM on February 9, 2012

Miley! She looks amazing) Selena bad(((((! Miley is beauty in these stockings, and Selena sucks! Miley, I’m for you) You are my beauty)

jeb

Posted at 8:47 AM on February 9, 2012

selenas legs are skinny like twigs
Miley is way better looking and better shape legs

shamma

Posted at 8:39 AM on February 9, 2012

Miley looks sexy. ;)but i liked selena’s outfit too. ;) they both looks gergous.

Mileylover

Posted at 8:09 AM on February 9, 2012

MIley is so gorgeous she is not SLOPPY!!

Jasmine

Posted at 7:38 AM on February 9, 2012

Selena looks SOOO AMAZING!! And I just want to LMAO at the miley fans WHO always talked their BS about Selena supposedly copying “precious miley”. Selena never did but I am sure they will be pathetic and defend this picture of miley but at the same time still accuse Selena. Honestly though, I really do wish I could have Selena’s style, beauty, and everything about her. Then again I could never be her and I love Selena being herself. I love and support her!

april ann

Posted at 7:08 AM on February 9, 2012

MILEY is hot and cool !!

april ann

Posted at 7:05 AM on February 9, 2012

i mean copying .!!

april ann

Posted at 7:05 AM on February 9, 2012

i think selena copied miley !! my opinion .!!

Just saying

Posted at 7:17 AM on February 9, 2012

Lmao Selena did it around two months before miley

LoL

Posted at 5:52 AM on February 9, 2012

46.12% dont know what style means !!
Mileyy loooks greaat …

selena i luv you

Posted at 3:59 AM on February 9, 2012

and 53.72 people dont know what style means

234wedrwe

Posted at 3:58 AM on February 9, 2012

I am a 35 years old CEO, ri;ch and strong but still sin;gle … now I am see;king a good woman who can give me a real love, so I joined B i l l i o n a i r e F r i e n d s . C O Mit’s the first and best club for wealthy people and their adm;irers. Well, you don’t have to be rich ,but you can meet one there.

tin2x

Posted at 3:42 AM on February 9, 2012

miley rocks

Juli

Posted at 2:23 AM on February 9, 2012

Jjajaajaj caso meoo con la cara de Selena xD parece que estaba exitada,tiene las piernas muy flacas y sin forma,directamente es una deforme por completo.Miley luce genial ella si tiene forma y pone una cara normal,tranquila,y sus botas cortas son mejores que la de Selena porqe con esas botas taan largas no puede lucir la calza,Voto por Miley,la mejor.Besos

kaijen

Posted at 1:26 AM on February 9, 2012

selena looks more sexy than miley in the suspender tights trend… :D