Miley Cyrus Suspender Tights V. Selena Gomez: Learn How To Wear The Trend

Wed, February 8, 2012 1:46pm EDT by 88 Comments
miley cyrus tights selena gomez

While both stars worked the suspender tights trend, they looked totally different! Find out how you can work them the right way, SHOP & let us know which style was best.

Selena Gomez and Miley Cyrus both turned up showing off the suspender tights trend in their House of Holland Chain Suspender Tights by Pretty Polly. While the look is definitely youthful and fun, since it is a bit racy you want to make sure you balance out the rest of your look, keeping the get-up neat and chic, just like Selena did! Miley, on the other hand, opted for a more laid-back, mismatched style.

Miley definitely has more of a boho-chic sense of style and that’s exactly how she worked her tights — however, her outfit had too much going on! While you can definitely wear them with shorts and flats, it’s best to keep the look polished and a bit more dressed up since it is such a sexy trend. From the boots to the embellished short and printed tee, Miley’s look was all over the place — not to mention that she was wearing them during the day while running errands! I love how the star has her own sense of style, but I would’ve preferred to see her work the trend a bit more glam for a night out.

While Miley’s look was busy, Selena totally rocked it — and if you want to try out the trend, I recommend taking a cue from Selena. Since you will be showing some leg, your best bet is a platform pump or bootie that won’t distract from the tights. Feel free to pair them with a short skirt, mini or shorts — a nice pair of winter shorts in a leather-like material or tweed would work well. Personally, I love the look with a skirt — especially a pleated, high-waisted leather skirt. Again, you don’t want to the look to get too busy, and you want the focus to stay on the tights! The most important component is your top — definitely keep it more modest! Showing that much leg and cleavage will look cheap, not chic. I love how Selena paired a printed scarf and blouse to her look, balancing out the outfit.

What do you think? Do you like Miley’s mismatched, casual style or do you prefer Selena’s pretty polished look?

Katrina Mitzeliotis

Unknown

Posted at 12:39 PM on June 26, 2012

To be honest, Selena wore them better. This girl has a better taste in outfit.

Caroline

Posted at 11:31 PM on April 20, 2012

@clare
LMFAO

Caroline

Posted at 11:28 PM on April 20, 2012

Lol

catalina

Posted at 4:13 PM on April 19, 2012

Miley looksbetter to me! selena looks really pretty as always but miley looks like she doesn’t care and she rocks it!

babyann

Posted at 9:16 AM on March 8, 2012

Age ain’t nothing but a number for these loved-up A-Listers. My BF and I both think so! He is almost 10 years older than I .We met via~~–Agelessmeet .COM~~ a nice place for younger women and oldermen, or older women and younger men, to interact with each other! Maybe you wanna check it out or tell your friends:)

SMiler

Posted at 12:35 AM on February 22, 2012

Miley had actually worn this outfit before selena and she looks much better. I liked selena’s old fashion style and understand that celebrities need to grow up, but sel doesn’t need to copy other peoples styles. No hate!

Pierina

Posted at 11:32 PM on February 18, 2012

Mmm.. in my opinion selena is a gorgeous girl with a great fashion sense but sometimes she makes me think why doesn’t she do something original for example katy perry colored her hair blue and selena makes his hair highlighted blue, miley cyrus started wearing sexy cloth and she starts doing that too you know the corsets, showing more the breast and the abs.miley started dating liam and all of the sudden she doesn’t sees justin bieber as a brother or too young for her and started a romance miley did a photoshoot with vanity fair showing a shoulder and she has a photo like that too and she keeps repeating all the same things other celebrities does and sometimes she gets more credit because she has an incredible fashion sense but still that’s not fair you know i know all these thing and more because my role model is miley cyrus i admire her since hannah montana and i always will even with all the crab she sometomes does haha.. But i still admire selena too, she’s latina like me yeah :3 but i think she should stop taking all the credit from the other risks other celebrities does, i love her i know she can make a NEW trend

clare

Posted at 3:25 AM on February 17, 2012

Who cares if they like them or not boo hoo big deal… I don’t care for neather and I like how Selena wore it better…its MY OPINION ….. and I think MilY Is freaking ugly with some biggo BUCK TEETH……LOL…..I don’t care wat u guys say my opinion not urz….

Darija

Posted at 7:47 AM on February 16, 2012

You can tell that Katrina who wrote this obviously don’t like Miley.But she still has more votes than Selena!IN YOUR FACE!!!! #Smiler4Life

CRISTY

Posted at 3:23 AM on February 13, 2012

I’LL GO FOR MILEY NOT BECAUSE IM HER FAN BUT BECAUSE SHE DOES WORK THE suspender tight best THAN SELENA., I GUESS WHY KATRINA WROTE THAT MILEY IS SLOPPY ON THIS PICTURE BECAUSE SHE HATES MILEY. IN MY OWN OPINION IF YOU WERE GOING TO WRITE SOMETHING YOU MUST BE FAIR..

CRISTY

Posted at 3:23 AM on February 13, 2012

I’LL GO FOR MILEY NOT BECAUSE IM HER FAN BUT BECAUSE SHE DOES WORK THE suspender tight best THANK SELENA., I GUESS WHY KATRINA WROTE THAT MILEY IS SLOPPY ON THIS PICTURE BECAUSE SHE HATES MILEY. IN MY OWN OPINION IF YOU WERE GOING TO WRITE SOMETHING YOU MUST BE FAIR..

lucy

Posted at 10:19 AM on February 11, 2012

selena just copies Miley all the time !

Kamilah

Posted at 9:37 AM on February 13, 2012

Selena wore them before Miley, don’t open your gob, if you don’t know the fact!

Whatever

Posted at 8:04 AM on February 11, 2012

Miley of course. She is sexier than Selena. Selena is still a cute girl.

Cote Aguilar

Posted at 8:27 PM on February 10, 2012

Selena Gomez !

hanay

Posted at 3:00 PM on February 10, 2012

MILEY CYRUS ….SEXY

lily

Posted at 2:59 PM on February 10, 2012

miley looks hoOOot

mike

Posted at 2:56 PM on February 10, 2012

to me, both are not wearing it that goood, or that great. both look bad in that outfit. if worn differently, than maybe.

Srijana

Posted at 11:48 AM on February 10, 2012

somehow i think it would be better if selena wore plain black tights…

vanessa

Posted at 4:30 AM on February 10, 2012

Oh great article ,Age and wealthy ain’t nothing but a number for these loved-up A-Listers. My BF and I both think so! He is almost 10 years older than I .We met via~~–B L A C K W H I T E p l n a e t .COM~~ a nice place for younger women and oldermen, or older women and younger men, to interact with each other! Maybe you wanna check it out or tell your friends ,but he seems to want black folks to stay home at let the Republicans win. Fox News, come get him quick!!

David

Posted at 9:18 PM on February 9, 2012

MILEY SEXY CYRUS!!!! ♥ P.S: These tights are form the line ”Henry Hollands”!!! :D

David

Posted at 8:56 PM on February 9, 2012

I think that Selena Gomez looks so beautiful, but Miley looks much better!!! Miley has legs, body, beauty!!! She’s a goddess!!! The Miley’s look is natural and casual, but Selena’s look is for a different occasion!!! Miley Rocks!! MILEY IS SO HOT!! She has to be called ”Miley Sexy Cyrus”!! lol ♥

Selenator4Ever

Posted at 7:05 PM on February 9, 2012

SELENA GOMEZ looks HOT<3 So i think the people that r voting should look carefully at the photo before voting!!!!!!1 #Justsaying

Annie

Posted at 10:57 PM on February 9, 2012

I think that Miley gave the tights more character, while selena looks like she’s trying a little to hard. Honestly, those tights were meant to be more hipster which is what Miley did. Thats why she looks better in them.

Anai

Posted at 6:53 PM on February 9, 2012

Love u selena ur my idol and insperation <3 u look great no mater wat

natalie

Posted at 3:32 PM on February 9, 2012

based on pure unbiased judgement, selena pulled the look off. miley is all over the place with her outfit. Im positive that people are saying miley looks fine because she is their “idol” place these outfits on other people then judge. im betting my foot the outfit selena is wearing would win

brienna13

Posted at 5:49 PM on February 27, 2012

I agree selena looks much better miley looks horrible!!!! and miley just copies her all the time!!

Noel14

Posted at 7:16 PM on March 18, 2012

Yeah, bri 13, I agree wif u on that~~~~!! I wish Miley Cyrus wuld stop copying Selena all the time. She needs to realize she can’t do fashion anymore and that Selena always will look better, Miley is just a washed up popstar that can’t even sing worth a toilet flush.
Oh and Selena actually dresses appropriately! Seriously! Miley looks totes un-fashionable cuz she dresses nastily.

ttylxox

Posted at 11:18 PM on March 23, 2012

Yeah! That’s right! Miley doensn’t look good at all. Selena is always gonna look better.
I luv u selena! oh and i’m sorry miley made fun of u on You Tube!! Isn’t she immature?!