Selena Gomez & Justin Bieber Will Last A 'Long Time,' Reveals Her 'Mom'

Tue, February 7, 2012 11:07am EDT by 42 Comments
Justin Bieber Selena Gomez

Selena and Justin’s relationship is no flash in the pan, says her ‘Wizards of Waverly Place’ mother! Maria Canals-Barrera tells HollywoodLife.com exclusively why Jelena can go the distance!

Selena Gomez and Justin Bieber are the real deal and HollywoodLife.com has the inside scoop on this duo’s blossoming relationship. We spoke to Maria Canals-Barrera — who plays Selena’s mom on Wizards Of Waverly Place — at the NYC premiere of Thin Ice, hosted by The Cinema Society & Grey Goose, and Maria couldn’t stop raving about our favorite young Hollywood couple!

“I think they are adorable as do most people, I’m rooting for them,” she told us on the red carpet. “I think they have a lot in common, and I wish them the very best!”

But what makes their romance so solid? It’s because Selena and Justin are both so close to their mothers and they each have momagers!

“I think because of that they have a lot in common,” Maria says. “You know … it may just surprise us all and last a long time!”

We love hearing how in love these two are — they totally deserve to have a great relationship! We tell you all the time about all the romantic dates these two take all over the world. But for the girl who has it all, Maria added that the best gift Justin can give Selena for the upcoming Valentine’s Day holiday is “respect!

Aretha Franklin did say it best ladies!

— Chloe Melas

More Justin & Selena News:

1. Justin Bieber & Usher Record New Music For ‘Believe’
  2. Justin Bieber Holds Selena Gomez’s Hand In Puerto Rico — Cute New Pic
  3. Justin Bieber & Selena Gomez’s Romantic Dinner Date In Puerto Rico

Selena Gomez

Posted at 11:58 AM on March 2, 2012

OMGSH~ Michael I Love you more then you know(:Your my everything.Justin says Hey.Thanks for your support and Love.
Your Selena Gomez~FOREVER darling

faizan

Posted at 4:33 PM on February 29, 2012

hi selena my name is faizan from pakistan.i like you and i want you in my all life you r my life partner its my dream because i love you selena and i have best sound i m singer after 2 or 3 year i am with you its true wait for me plz its true love plz wait……

Selena Gomez

Posted at 11:09 AM on February 28, 2012

You and I Michael Jo will face Great and Respectful opinions.
I Love you Like never before.I do miss you more then before~
Your Selena Jo Gomez~

VOICE OF THE VOICELESS!

Posted at 11:04 PM on February 26, 2012

JELENA SUCKS!

Michael Jo

Posted at 12:04 PM on February 23, 2012

Hi Selena I miss you to.Been working out a lot.Your wonderful
and I am glad we are still together.
With Love always.I will not give up on US~
Michael Jo~

Selena Gomez

Posted at 5:14 AM on February 23, 2012

Hi Michael Jo~I miss you now.I think of you Now!
I love you Now(:
Bye Darling~
Selena(:

kamar

Posted at 4:42 PM on February 16, 2012

ay just want teel samething to bieber fan’s you new what they keep tham strong ? buces you are slefhe you want tham to bruk up wat is the powent selena the farst love and the one last only grel. he sad it wan you her the next ulbm you mow am rayt. thncks.

la kamora papicha algrai

Biggest jb lover ever

Posted at 12:58 PM on February 15, 2012

To be honest. I don’t think Justin and Selena are going to last I hope they don’t selena is just using Justin the stupid skinny slut biaaccch no one likes her GRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Roxy

Posted at 7:01 AM on February 17, 2012

I’m agree with u i’m jbs biggest fan and i suppose selena think justin is a stupid boy and whatever she said jb will do i hope justin underestand that and break up with her

a person

Posted at 4:08 PM on February 19, 2012

SHUT UP!!

JB lover

Posted at 8:41 PM on February 14, 2012

Justin is mine!!!!!!! he is mine i tell you mine!!! if anyone trys to steel Justin Bieber oh grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr…. just grrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

me

Posted at 3:05 PM on February 22, 2012

wtf?

david b conway

Posted at 6:35 PM on February 11, 2012

dear holywood life .com web site, hi my name is david conway and my comments to here is hat just about this issue here , 1 question i have here , just do,nt listen to the actress of who play,s in the tv series of wizards of waverly place , maria canals barrera the tv show mother at all , she doesn,t know about selena gomez , more than we do here , and second question i do have just about theses couble off justin bieber and selena gomez , they were only dating just about 4 year,s now , and what do they know about love may i ask , it,s like they are married , and plus they can,t not have sex yet , and let,s talk about selena gomez ,future in motion picture,s right now that is al,most over just for her selena gomez , and just look at there fake personal relationship, and they call that love , i love to call it bull crap , love david b conway

david b conway

Posted at 6:51 PM on February 11, 2012

page 2 , and just with selena gomez just whats to quit hollywood and show bizz and put her music on hold , just because she loves her future motion pictures the ones that she is losing right now just for this year how can she have a boy friend just when she can,t not handel her own career any more , love david b conway

Roxy

Posted at 7:06 AM on February 17, 2012

David i’m agree with u

Rosa

Posted at 1:52 PM on February 9, 2012

I Love them together! My favorite couple ever!! :)

HopeLessRomantic

Posted at 5:42 PM on February 8, 2012

Do you really all think young love lasts, it doesn’t and especially if you are under the harsh glare of Hollywood. I mean think about it, the couples you thought would last forever didn’t, and I’m pretty sure this romance will not last for ever and ever and ever as everyone else is saying.
Sorry just voicing my opinion.

anna

Posted at 6:20 AM on February 10, 2012

agree

Les

Posted at 8:47 PM on February 29, 2012

I agree some celebrities that everyone wanted to stay together either broke up or got divorced.iam not a hater

#Team JELENA

Posted at 1:03 AM on February 8, 2012

They will last<3 because they love eachother. stop tryna say they wont what if you were dating SelenaJustin how would YOU feel if someone tried breaking YOU up think bout it. Exactly. Now leave em' alone #STOP HATEN

Michael Jo & Selena Jo Gomez

Posted at 11:45 PM on February 7, 2012

Michael Jo & Selena Jo~ We are very Happy right now!
We have Missed each other,for so long.We need each other because we are in Love.Its something very special to say the least.When we are apart we can feel each other.since 2009 we have been friends,now its a Very strong Love between the two of US. It seems we compliment one another.we have helped each others lifes. we are a great team,with a strong vision of Ideas ,Dreams,and Goals.Ideas that will enhance the Hollywood entertainment industry.we are glad to be a part of Hollywood as a soon to be couple.We are meeting at our location in March 2012 to talk of our wedding plans. In May 2012 We will Get married(:
In June 2012 We will go on our world tour.Do to our age difference,we will entertain the widest age group possible.
We will focus on the whole family ~New school jams/with openings for younger Talent to join our venture,and old school Talent that will join our Cause as well(: we Just wanted to go public with this information,We are working hard getting ready for these plans.
Michael Jo & Selena Jo~US~
“Music of God,Peace,Love,and togetherness”~
“Strong Love Songs for all to hear” Parents,grandparents,baby sitters,Kids Babies WELCOME(:

Jelena4ever

Posted at 9:54 PM on February 7, 2012

It will so last they r so for each other it’s hard to find a guy like Justin bieber
She’s found the right one

helllokitty2142

Posted at 6:26 PM on February 7, 2012

well in hollywood couples dont last last long so……

..........

Posted at 6:25 PM on February 7, 2012

shut the hell up hater

VOICE OF THE VOICELESS!

Posted at 6:47 PM on February 7, 2012

SUCK MY DICK SULT!!!!!!!!!

VOICE OF THE VOICELESS!

Posted at 5:47 PM on February 7, 2012

THEY WILL NOT LAST ANOTHER MONTH!!!!!!!!!

THEIR FULL OF IT TOGETHER… HE CARES ABOUT FAME AND MONEY.. AND SELENA IS LETING IT HAPPENED!!!!!!!!!!!

JELENA IS FAKE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

tatyana

Posted at 3:42 PM on February 9, 2012

OMG! YOU THINK THAT TOO?

missy v

Posted at 2:26 PM on February 7, 2012

im not bragging or anything but Justin has no idea of how much we have in common….i often get creeped out of how much we have in common…the only thing that we dont share is his fame..im not famous…but i bet if i was he would notice me…#NeverSayNever

missy v

Posted at 2:21 PM on February 7, 2012

there should be a HOPE NOT button…

Seret

Posted at 2:03 PM on February 7, 2012

No offence, but It’ll long last while the “star couples formula” brings a LOT OF MONEY. Money will decide. Business are business in Hollywood and everywhere.

Michael Jo & Selena Jo

Posted at 1:59 PM on February 7, 2012

Michael Jo & I will face great and respectful opinions.
Michael and I Love each other.
Sel & Michael Jo

Girl

Posted at 12:57 PM on February 7, 2012

I think they will last a long time. You never see them fighting, they have tons in common, they understand each other because they have the same job, and they have tons of respect for eachother. Goo Jelly!!!!!!!! <3

Anna

Posted at 11:50 AM on February 7, 2012

Thats her opinion, doesnt mean that they will last a long time, but maby they will ( as much as i dont like selena i think they will)

someone

Posted at 11:20 AM on February 7, 2012

Respect? Omg have i miss something. Cause justin shows respect for her .