M.I.A. Blames Super Bowl Middle Finger On 'Adrenaline And Nerves'

Tue, February 7, 2012 7:14am EDT by 43 Comments
Getty Images

Wow.

Posted at 10:56 PM on March 7, 2012

A middle finger. Because everyone in the NFL and all NFL fans never EVER show the middle finger. And because kids totally understand what it is without seeing negative reactions from anybody else. A gesture is what you make it out to be. M.I.A. doesn’t need to apologize for anything.

SABRINA

Posted at 10:14 AM on February 10, 2012

I AGREE WITH RIGID, BUT HONESTLY THAT WAS TASTELESS AND TACKY. HAVE THESE PEOPLE NOT LEARNED FROM PAST “WARDROBE MALFUNCTIONS?” THESE ENTERTAINERS THINK THEY ARE ABOVE ALL MORALS AND LAWS. I HOPE SHE HAS TO PAY THAT HEFTY FCC FINE AND WHERE IS HER PUBLIC APOLOGY? IT’S QUITE PATHETIC.

andyk

Posted at 7:05 AM on February 10, 2012

Yep, she’s a stupid skank

Rigid

Posted at 10:59 PM on February 9, 2012

The finger was all that these folks had a problem with? All that hip thrusting, widely spread legs and deep squats into the camera and they are worried about gesture known around the world as a simple sign of derision. Home skooling is not what it used to be.

Tye

Posted at 9:45 PM on February 8, 2012

I care, thats who cares…does everything have to be vulgar.
She knew the rules going in….I hope the NFL sues the hell oout of her…I guess in your world this was cute…I don’t aand hope she pays the price.