M.I.A. — You Need To Apologize For Giving The Finger Now!

Tue, February 7, 2012 5:15pm EDT by 9 Comments

M.I.A. — stop acting all M.I.A. and just having your team give out lame excuses for why you flipped the bird during the middle of your Super Bowl halftime performance.

We’ve waited long enough for you  M.I.A. to issue an official statement apologizing to Madonna and the 111 million people who watched the Super Bowl and were offended by your rude gesture.

But instead M.I.A. you’ve gone M.I.A. and let a member of your team leak that it was just “a case of adrenaline and nerves. She wasn’t thinking … she was caught in the moment and she’s incredibly sorry”, said the leaker.

You also let NBC and the NFL take the heat for your obscenity and issue apologies.

But seriously, M.I.A., you’re the one who needs to act like an adult and take responsibility for your childish actions.

I don’t buy that you accidentally flipped the bird and also rapped “I don’t give a s**t” to while you were singing  “Give Me All You Luvin.'” That doesn’t just happen.

Now , it’s true that you do flip the bird also in the official video you appear in for Madonna’s hit single, “Give Me All You Luvin.'” But Madonna’s rep told us exclusively at HollywoodLife.com that giving the finger at the Super Bowl was NOT planned NOR rehearsed.

So did nerves just make you involuntarily give the finger? And swear? Did you really have a finger malfunction? A bird-flipping spasm?

I’m not buying it!

And I’m not buying your silence either.

If you’re such a brave rebel then you should have the courage to admit when you are wrong.

And honestly, how can you NOT apologize to Madonna who was cool enough to feature you in her single, her video AND at the Super Bowl, and you just rained on the parade she worked so hard for!

So come on M.I.A. — it’s time to suck it up and APOLOGIZE now! Watch my video below Hollywoodlifers and tell me what you think!

– Bonnie Fuller

More M.I.A. News:

1. M.I.A. Blames Super Bowl Middle Finger On ‘Adrenaline And Nerves’
  2. M.I.A.’s Middle Finger During Super Bowl Wasn’t Planned, Says Madonna’s Rep
  3. M.I.A. – You Tried to Steal Madonna’s Thunder With Your Middle Finger

Email me! | Follow Hollywoodlife.com on Twitter | Become a Facebook fan

veronica

Posted at 10:36 AM on February 8, 2012

Bonnie Fuller needs to apologize for making a mediocre career from SPREADING LIES about innocent children and people she has never met and never will. As far as an apology from M.I.A for “flipping the bird” at a football game…RIDICULOUS!
If it was some white trash like “Snooki” everyone would think it’s just adorable!

J Lovejoy

Posted at 10:32 PM on February 7, 2012

This is the lamest excuse for an article I’ve ever read. It sounds like the author has problems M.I.A.’s apology isn’t going to fix.

nick m

Posted at 7:20 PM on February 7, 2012

Don’t equivocate 111 million viewers with 111 million offended people. This is a situation where everyone wins, because the only people who are offended by this are people who love being offended.

Meanwhile, you owe your readers an apology, by saying that Madonna was “cool enough” to allow M.I.A. to perform with her; yeah right! Superstar M.I.A. was cool enough to participate in the charade of Madonna’s 21st-century relevance.

Jami

Posted at 7:12 PM on February 7, 2012

I AGREE and you said everything I wanted to say so thank you. Too many families and children were watching. MIA needs to apologize. At least to Madonna. Obviously Mia has no intention of acting responsible unfortunately NBC and a legal team may go after her with a law suit for breach of the contract she signed to act responsible. So Mia will realize the only way that could matter to her, monetarily.
Since Mia just wants to hide and ignore the problem she created I have absolutely no sympathy for Mia. Mia committed career suicide.

laaa

Posted at 6:04 PM on February 7, 2012

Seriously, when are you going to let this go? It’s getting pathetic now, all the terrible things going on in the world and this is what offends you? Yes children may have been watching, but if parents are to lazy to tell their child that what she did was inappropriate then thats their problem not hers. She didn’t hurt anyone so what’s the problem?

hannah

Posted at 9:22 AM on February 8, 2012

No one is letting it go because it’s bad. Millions of people are watching it who are parents and kids. She should apologize and stop giving lame excuses and as if you will let go of something like this.

hannah

Posted at 9:28 AM on February 8, 2012

It’s also her problem because everyone wants her to apologize. She might not perform in the half-time show again. If you do something bad it’s also your problem because it will cause more problems and no one will forget it. You should apologize for doing something bad. She caused the controversy so it’s also her problem. People will never forget this.

hannah

Posted at 9:29 AM on February 8, 2012

It is also bad for her career

laaa

Posted at 10:29 AM on February 8, 2012

Like I said if parents cant be bothered to teach their children right from wrong then thats their issue, I will let this go because as I said previously there are more important things going on in the world, she hasnt upset me or my family, no ones being hurt by it so end of! People have done much worse love.