'The Lying Game' Recap: Emma Tells Mads About The Switch

Mon, February 6, 2012 11:45pm EDT by 13 Comments
Courtesy of ABC Family

Has Emma completely lost her mind? We all knew it was bound to happen eventually.

Emma and Sutton (Alexandra Chando) switched places — again — on the Feb. 6 episode of The Lying Game, leading to a whole lot of confusion. And even more revelations. For starters, Mads (Alice Greczyn) found out that Sutton hit on Ryan (Misha Crosby) at the black-and-white ball, which led Emma to reveal the truth: She’s not Sutton! Dun, dun, dun!

And Justin “Crazy Eyes” Miller (Randy Wayne) continued dating Laurel (Allie Gonino) on the DL, but things got a little awkward when he attended her concert and watched as sparks flew between her and Baz (Adam Brooks).

Meanwhile, Sutton and Ethan (Blair Redford) spent the day with Papa Whitehorse, while Ethan hid out from the fuzz. Alec (Adrian Pasdar) is still convinced he killed Derek (Ben Elliott), and until we find out who was in the other car that night, something tells me Alec won’t be backing down.

And lastly, but most importantly, Alec and Rebecca (Charisma Carpenter) totally boned for the first time. Or was it the first time? If my theory about Alec being the twins’ dad is correct, then he’s all-too familiar with the inner workings of Rebecca Sewell.

What did you think of this week’s Lying Game? Will Emma really tell Mads the whole truth about the switch? Who really killed Derek? And do you think Rebecca trying to get herself knocked up (again)? See you in the comments section!

— Andy Swift

Follow Andy on Twitter for more Lying Game updates

South African Travel

Posted at 7:03 PM on July 3, 2012

It is in point of fact a nice and helpful piece of info. I am happy that you shared this useful info with us. Please stay us up to date like this. Thanks for sharing.

Ibrahim

Posted at 4:54 AM on March 18, 2012

I wish to show my thanks to this wtirer for rescuing me from this problem. After exploring throughout the the net and finding notions that were not beneficial, I believed my life was well over. Being alive without the answers to the issues you’ve fixed by way of the write-up is a critical case, as well as the ones that might have negatively damaged my entire career if I hadn’t discovered your site. Your own personal understanding and kindness in controlling every aspect was helpful. I’m not sure what I would have done if I hadn’t encountered such a subject like this. It’s possible to now look forward to my future. Thank you very much for your reliable and results-oriented help. I won’t be reluctant to recommend the website to any individual who would need support on this topic.

Luis

Posted at 2:09 PM on March 16, 2012

This really is dfniing a bit a lot more subjective, but I a lot prefer the Zune Marketplace. The interface is colorful, has far more flair, and some cool capabilities like ‘Mixview’ that let you rapidly see related albums, songs, or other users related to what you’re listening to. Clicking on 1 of those will center on that item, and yet another set of “neighbors” will come into view, allowing you to navigate around exploring by related artists, songs, or users. Speaking of users, the Zune “Social” is also excellent enjoyable, letting you discover other people with shared tastes and becoming buddies with them. You then can listen to a playlist created based on an amalgamation of what all your friends are listening to, which is also enjoyable. Those concerned with privacy will likely be relieved to know you’ll be able to prevent the public from seeing your private listening habits in the event you so select.

Persiancat

Posted at 11:12 PM on February 7, 2012

I also have a question about the whole Justin story if someone can answer me. Justin seems to remember his mother’s death very well including the bracelet she was wearing. And his mother’s death happened around the time Kristen and Ted were trying to get pregnant which means it must have been before they adopted Sutton. We also know that the Mercers adopted Sutton when she was only 3 days old. So if Justin has such good memory of that day, and it was before Sutton and Laurel were born, wouldn’t that mean he must be a lot older than both of them? His story just does not add up unless he was lying again.

ty

Posted at 11:25 PM on February 7, 2012

What ever Justin is planning on doing, I believe that he only wants to be with Laurel so he can stay close to the Mercer family, I don’t think he actually loves her.

steph

Posted at 11:28 PM on February 7, 2012

Well there was one episode where we see what was in the box that Justin never wanted anyone to see, we see that there is newspaper clippings on his mothers death so thats possibly how he got all of the information about his mother.

texmac12

Posted at 9:37 AM on February 19, 2012

From what I could tell, when Laurel said goodbye to Justin, that was the end. I don’t think we’ll ever see Justin again. Just like Char has left the show forever, only to mentioned in future episodes.
So, what did we really learn from Justin over 15 episodes? Well we know his Mother’s death has led to Kristen and Ted’s marriage traveling over rocks. In the last episode those two could not carry on a conversation, though we only saw two sceens with them. And the only other thing Justin contributed is Laruel’s maturity with guys and getting in touch with herself. And that’s IT.

Persiancat

Posted at 11:03 PM on February 7, 2012

This is in reply to Andy Swift’s comment above. Sorry to dispute your theory, but Alec can not be the twin’s father because as we all know Thayer has slept with Sutton and I don’t see the network showing incest as part of the story line. I do believe Ted is the father, but it seems to me he doesn’t know Sutton has a twin. Either he never knew, or thinks Emma died in the fire. I am also not convinced that Rebecca is their birth mother and think Annie Hobbs didn’t tell them the whole story. All the clues in the older episodes pointed to Annie Hobbs being the birth mother, including her pictures with Alec and Ted, and Char’s mom. And the show has not touched on that at all so far. I guess time will tell.

Ty

Posted at 1:52 PM on February 7, 2012

The more I think about it, the more I think Rebecca was the one who wanted to meet Sutton at the parking lot. Because she also showed up after sutton was supposedly dead. But that doesn’t explain how she might know Derek. This episode in general was just a filler episode, nothing to big. I think Emma and Thayer might get together but not sutton and Ethan, no matter how desperetly sutton wants him.

texmac12

Posted at 9:18 PM on February 7, 2012

“The more I think about it, the more I think Rebecca was the one who wanted to meet Sutton at the parking lot. Because she also showed up after sutton was supposedly dead. But that doesn’t explain how she might know Derek.”
I had the same thoughts too. And like you, the clues don’t add up. Rebbecca’s plan is something else. She’s a BLACK WIDOW and had plans to take down ALL her old high school chums, their spouses, and children too if need be.
“This episode in general was just a filler episode, nothing to big.” Agreed! Best new actor was Teddy Bear.
“I think Emma and Thayer might get together but not sutton and Ethan, no matter how desperetly sutton wants him.” NO WAY will Emma hook up with Thayer. I think this will make Thayer question the motives, actions, and words of his own father as he, Emma, and now Mads look for Derek’s killer(s). The story line logic to me is saying that Derek’s murder had nothing to do with the Twins, or Alex.

ty

Posted at 11:22 PM on February 7, 2012

Going back to Rebecca, another clue that she want to meet sutton at the parking lot, was when she went to go see Annie and said “look what you have done now”. That to me is a clue that Rebecca had plans to meet with sutton, but Annie messed it up. Again, I think that Alec has no idea that Rebecca knows about Annie.

texmac12

Posted at 8:38 AM on February 7, 2012

What did you think of this week’s Lying Game?
BAM! Rebbecca and Alec doing the nasty! Did not expect that this early but that was so very nice. The reservation was, well other than the Teddy Bear, was too much back story and not enough advancement of the story.
Will Emma really tell Mads the whole truth about the switch?
Emma and Thayer will fill in Mads, whom I expect will become THE major link if finding Dekek’s killer.
Who really killed Derek? The car I’m guessing was Alex, but I have no idea why he would have gone there at the moment his daughter has skipped a study date at the library with Sutton. So I’m thinking that after Alex left the garage the real killer seeking drugs will be uncovered as the killer. We have yet to meet that person(s).
And do you think Rebecca trying to get herself knocked up (again)? No. Rebbecca and Alex are not the twins parents. I’m voting that we have yet to meet the twins parents and that will be addressed in season two. Ya, I know that a season 2 is not inked, but in an interview to Austin, TX TV someone said they are expecting a season two.

Alana

Posted at 5:25 AM on February 8, 2012

I seriously doubt too that Alec is their father. I think Ted is the father and thats why he’s so shady about telling Kristen and why its such a big secret. Like maybe he cheated on Kristen before with Annie Hobbs or someone else and he’s afraid of coming clean because he thinks it will tear the family apart..

I agree with the person above saying Alec isnt the father because Thayer and Sutton slept together so yeah.. incest is def a no-no. If that were true.. no.. just cause I highly doubt the writers would have done that knowingly.. the network can be slightly racy, but not THAT racy.

Srsly though, I’m sick of Sutton! She’s the biggest bitch and I really don’t like her in the show. I think Emma and Ethan are a way cuter couple and their chemistry is so much more intense. By the looks of it, I think Ethan is only drawn to Sutton at all because she’s fun. She’s a lot crazier than Emma and just wants to have fun.. But I def still like Emma more.

As for her telling Mads, I think by reading the descriptions for the coming episode(s), Mads does believe her, maybe after having it confirmed by Thayer, but yes she does believe her because she helps them prove Ethan is innocent. I hate how Ethan left like that. I don’t think it was the right choice, honestly, I think if he had stayed and Sutton had been the one being asked the questions at the police station things would have gone better. I think with her as a witness they wouldnt have been able to do anything. Plus they had no proof he did it anyways.. Hmmm idk

I have a feeling Alec murdered Derek though… Just his body language and all that. The car pulling up was probably him and now he’s so quick to stress to Dan about Ethan coming back so he can blame it on him and let him take the fall for it..

This whole thing is like a huge puzzle that I just want to solve already but its so goddamn confusinggggg!