Taylor Armstrong: I Was Hanging Over A Toilet Bowl With A Broken Jaw

Mon, February 6, 2012 9:22am EDT by 5 Comments
Taylor Armstrong

Taylor revealed her lowest moment to Savannah Guthrie on “The Today Show” and it was all because of husband Russell’s abuse! Read!

Taylor Armstrong, 38, appeared on The Today Show Monday, Feb. 6, opening up about her difficult marriage to her late husband, Russell Armstrong, while promoting her memoir, Hiding From Reality.

“The good times were the best I ever had and the worst times were the worst…I was so desperate to keep it together, but it was so abusive for me,” Taylor explained.

“I was on my knees, hanging over a toilet with my jaw not in the place it was supposed to be, and there was saliva running out of my mouth and I was thinking to myself, ‘How am I not going to call an ambulance? How am I going to protect him? I don’t want him to go to jail. How am I going to get my jaw back into place?'” continued Taylor.

Horrible! As bad as that was for Taylor to endure, that wasn’t the most shocking part of the interview!

Savannah asked Taylor why she would do a reality show in the first place if there was abuse in her relationship.

“Subconsciously, I thought that the cameras would provide some protection. In a restaurant, people don’t act out. They act out at home. And so I thought with millions of people watching, he’s never going to act out. Maybe this is going to provide the protection we need to move forward,” said Taylor.

We feel for you Taylor, but abuse is abuse! Not acceptable. Ever.

What do YOU think, HollywoodLifers? Is Taylor still in denial?

More Taylor Armstrong News

1. Russell Armstrong’s Sis Blasts Taylor Armstrong As Lying ‘Gold Digger’ Over Tell-All Book
  2. Taylor Armstrong Reveals: My Husband Russell Was Always Afraid He Might Kill Me
  3. ‘RHOBH’ Finale Recap: Taylor Armstrong & Kim Richards Miss Pandora’s Wedding

mila

Posted at 12:02 AM on February 20, 2012

First of all she is 40 years old and she is a liar!

Chris

Posted at 7:33 PM on February 8, 2012

Yes, agree with Lynne James! I remember that comment & it always stuck with me.
The zip code, the 60K parties, the shopping and the illusion that they were wealthy was a huge problem for both of them.
I believe they both abused one another-not just on Russell’s end. She’s got one nasty mouth/temper.
I really do hope Bravo takes her off this show. It’s not healthy, she ruined this season with her non-stop hysteria.
She needs a great psychiatrist, to stop drinking and be a Mother to a grieving child. If she’s admitted herself that being on reality tv has caused her to “act crazy and drink more” BRAVO NEEDS TO DO THE RIGHT THING or their daughter may not have a Mother as well. My opinion: she’s just to unstable in every aspect to be on reality tv.

DSMIV

Posted at 12:20 AM on February 7, 2012

Taylor exhibits all of the criteria for antisocial personality disorder (sociopathy)comorbid with histrionic personality disorder. Personality disorders rarely stand alone. Therefore, I do not believe a word she says and doubt she was abused. I hope someone intervenes on her daughter’s behalf so she will have a chance and not develop similar psychopathology. RIP Russell and nothing but sympathy for your children and family. Also, when one spouse speaks ill of another in front of a child it is very damaging to a child psychologically. Can you image what THIS is / will do to his children? Taylor has no concern for the welfare of children or anyone else except herself. She is a horrible role model for people who suffer from DV.

Lynne James

Posted at 12:29 PM on February 6, 2012

As a fan of RHOBH, it became obvious that Taylor wanted “the life” & after blowing through the money, decided it was over for her. Several comments she made throughout the show were always focused on money. I’m finding it very hard to believe that she thought cameras would protect her & am wondering why, if there was physical abuse, Dr.Sophy or others did not report it as required by California Law. If a friend of mine confronted by about supposed abuse at a tea party, I wouldn’t sit there stoned face. She basically said it to Kim “I came from nothing & can’t go back”. Karma is a you know what & please just let her disappear.

Mattie

Posted at 11:24 AM on February 6, 2012

I survived domestic voilent, and understand evrything u arw sayinf stay strong