'Gossip Girl' Recap: Blair Flees The Country — But With Who? Plus 4 More 'OMG' Moments

Mon, February 6, 2012 10:02pm EST by 11 Comments

When marrying into royalty there’s a high price to pay — and the Waldorf family is about to find that out the hard way.

The Jan. 30th episode ended with Dan Humphrey (Penn Badgley) coming to Blair’s (Leighton Meester) rescue after Prince Louis (Hugo Becker) showed his evil side and revealed to Blair she was forever stuck in a loveless, meaningless marriage.

Running away in Blair’s “just married” car, she demanded Dan to drive her to the airport so she could jet off to the Dominican Republic and get a divorce without having to have Louis there  – just like her role model Elizabeth Taylor did in her fourth marriage. But of course, passports, friends and Gossip Girl got in the way.

After Blair and Dan made every effort to on a plane, Georgina (Michelle Trachtenberg)  sent Louis a tip leading him to go to the press and publicly announce that Blair was a “missing person.” Dan then whisked Blair away to a hotel in Queens to hide her, but Serena (Blake Lively) and Chuck (Ed Westwick) found them after Dorota spilled Blair’s whereabouts when they caught her locked in a closet (thanks to Georgina), packing Blair’s things.

But before Louis could pinpoint Blair’s location, his evil mom cornered Eleanor Waldorf, threatening Blair’s DOWERY if she didn’t  reveal where she was. Eleanor had no idea until Rufus (Matthew Settle) told her.

But back to the dowery — apparently Blair has to be married to Louis for a year and do what he says or else the Waldorf family has to pay A LOT of money. We don’t know the exact amount, but it would cost Blair’s mom her beloved company.

Blair realizes that she doesn’t want to put her family in jeopardy — even though Chuck (Ed Westwick) offered to pay the dowery — and makes the decision to painfully stick out her marriage for a year. UGH!

This just means ONE MORE YEAR before Chuck and Blair can be together.

More ‘OMG’ Moments:

1. Blair Rejects Chuck AGAIN

2. Serena Gives Up on Dan

Serena clearly wasn’t happy Dan lied to her about being with Blair when they were on the run. Serena may be desperate (yes, I said it), but she’s not stupid. She can see that he is so in love with Blair. I just hope this doesn’t cause too much friction between her and Blair.

3. Georgina Isn’t the Original Gossip Girl

We were all shocked last week when we learned that Georgina was Gossip Girl all along, but it turns out that isn’t exactly true. G admitted on tonight’s episode that she’s only been Gossip Girl since the real one disappeared after Chuck and Blair’s car crash. So where and WHY is the real gossip girl hiding? I don’t doubt that Georgina will be crushed when she finally decides to come back.

4.  Nate’s New Love Interest Is The REAL Charlie Rhodes

And isn’t it weird that she, like Chivy (KayLee Defer), is an aspiring actress too? It’s only a matter of time before the two Charlie’s come face to face and everyone finds out the new Charlie is actually the REAL Charlie.

What did you think about tonight’s episode? Do you think Blair is really going to stay married to Louis for a year? Sound off in your comments below.

Xo Xo

– Nicole Karlis

More Gossip Girl news:

1. ‘Gossip Girl’ Spoiler: Chuck & Blair Are ‘Never Over,’ Producers Reveal
  2. Nicole Says: Chuck Bass Go Find Blair Waldorf, YOUR Runaway Bride
  3. New ‘Gossip Girl’ Pics: Blair Waldorf Sleeps With Dan Humphrey In The Airport

Tiff

Posted at 5:22 PM on February 7, 2012

If Blair is married to Louis for a year we better get a year time jump, I’m not watching another season of Blouis crap; we are ready for Chair.

reesie

Posted at 3:09 PM on February 7, 2012

i hate the cat and mouse thing going on right now between chuck and blair! i think chuck should just cut gis loses and move on…..blair is TOO confused.

harum scarum

Posted at 1:49 PM on February 7, 2012

the episode was meh, but i liked the chuck and blair scene. as sorry as i feel for chuck, he shouldn’t feel ‘rejected’ by blair. she didn’t say that they could never be together, just not this way. i understand why she didn’t want chuck to “buy” her from louis. she finally seems to be getting her pride back.

donna

Posted at 12:09 PM on February 7, 2012

DB is so stupid I hardly enjoy. Chuck and Blair scenes were amazing. We are not giving up either <3 Love them so much.

Erin

Posted at 11:14 AM on February 7, 2012

I honestly liked the episode. I think the new writer, Matt Whitney, did a decent job. It was funny, it was touching and more importantly it moved the glacierly slow SL ahead to officially start the second part of the season. I’m not a Dair fan but I enjoyed them fighting in the hotel room and Blair slamming the door, it was cute and I’m glad Dan stood up for himself. I loved the Chair scene it was beautiful, but once more another hurdle is brought in front of them, lame. I’m almost ready for Chuck to move on I mean like you said “how much can one man take” I mean damn! The one scene I didn’t like was Blair apologizing to Dan, even though it was more than deserved…it just felt awkward and OCC to me. (Please don’t yell at me Dair fans, it’s just my opinion). For the first time in a long time I’m invested and excited for what’s coming up! Ya!

Elizabeth

Posted at 10:25 AM on February 7, 2012

Bored now. Maybe S can channel evil Willow and things will pick up, because yet another Chuck and Blair obstacle bores me. Evil S! could also magic off that weird slicked back faux mullet Dan is sporting, just before she zaps him back to Brooklyn. (I really hope she’s over him, but she can’t be…that’s where 99.5% of any DB drama would come from.)

On the other hand? I love Dorota and Eleanor.

bonnie

Posted at 10:05 AM on February 7, 2012

Ugh, just put Chuck and Blair together already. I’m getting so tired of these writers and their stall tactics.

MSC

Posted at 10:03 AM on February 7, 2012

“I mean, how much can a man take? Chuck offers to charter a jet and take her to wherever she needed to go, but she still refused! Blair says their new chapter together can’t begin with him buying her from Louis. I get that, but how can she possibly wait any longer?! Chuck obviously was hurt, but I don’t think he’s given up just yet. And you can tell Blair hasn’t either.”

Seriously! It’s so annoying. I mean I get all the obstacles have to be thrown at Chuck and Blair because they are endgame but it’s just over and over and poor Chuck. He was heartbroken.As a fan I think I should just wait until the show’s final episode to tune in because they’re only going to be together then

Emily

Posted at 9:56 AM on February 7, 2012

At this point, I’m just annoyed that I have to wait another year for Chuck and Blair, per Blair’s words. Except you KNOW that they will use that year to do DB in the meantime, so it’s completely a moot point. Why even pretend this is the obstacle you are giving them when in reality you are just giving yourself time to do your pet project?

I love that Chuck isn’t just giving up and moving on, but at some point, boy needs to collect what’s left of his dignity and get the heck out of Dodge.

CHAIR

Posted at 3:42 AM on February 7, 2012

Blair is so stupid!!!
If she doesn’t want to be with Chuck,she needs to let him go,it’s not fair for him… CHAIR forever <3

Eli