'Sister Wives' At War: Brown Family Allowed To Fight Anti-Polygamy Laws

Sun, February 5, 2012 11:23am EST by 20 Comments
Courtesy of TLC

Thomas

Posted at 11:50 PM on August 16, 2012

I have lived in Utah for many years and to the regular people in Utah they really don’t care one way or another. There are so many more than Utah will ever admit to. They even have their large church just past the point of the mountain and everybody know about it. Who care what a person does in their life. They just marry the first wife with in the law and the other wives are married in their church. If they arrest the Brown family they would have to arrest every couple who live together. The brown are a wonderful loving family with great kids.

Sue Lawrence

Posted at 9:18 PM on June 17, 2012

I was born and raised in New England (USA) and I was brought up to believe that bigamy is wrong.
I feel that people have the right to choose including the polyomist life style. It would definitly not be for me. I am way to selfish for that.
I do like the energy that Kody has and most of the time he is smiling.
I also feel that Kody wants to have his cake and eat it too,

Della Mendez

Posted at 9:18 PM on May 28, 2012

I don’t see why the can’t be allowed to chose how to live their lives. Today gay marriage is legal in many states, they can adopt or have kids paying for a surrogate, egg or sperm donor….crazy to me but I would say that is discrimination they should let them do whatever they want to do.

Nicki Bingman

Posted at 1:36 AM on May 21, 2012

The government interferes in enuf stuff that they shld stay out of. He’s there with ALL of his family, they’re happy, they’re not abusing each other and having domestic violence charges pressed on themselves all the time, the kids are well taken care off, and even educated and heading off to college. Even in the Bible sm men had more than one wife. If they’re doing smthing wrong then God will take care of it when its time. They not hurting people, they’re actually trying to help some people. No divorcing each other, teaching live and forgiveness, and to get along. So unless they want to make adultery illegal also, they shld leave them alone. Maybe the government shld concentrate on sm of the serious issues out there where people in this country are being hurt and effected.

enchantra thomas

Posted at 12:14 AM on May 14, 2012

Let people be u don’t. Put men in jail when they or women so if the like I love it let god deal with them it not hurting u so why u care I think it someyhing I might try now what

Elsa

Posted at 5:53 PM on May 9, 2012

So many cultures allow a man to have more than one wife, I don’t see what the problem is for the Brown’s to remain together? Are they hurting anyone? NO!!!! Are they forcing anyone else to follow in the lifestyle they have chosen to follow? NO!!!! It is a personal choice. I say let them be and remain a happy intacted family unit. They seem to be a happy big family so let everyone back up and allow them to live their lives.

Marla

Posted at 3:00 AM on May 9, 2012

I love the show and want to see more. Your a beautiful family:) A big family has always been my dream so good luck.

Wallie

Posted at 8:38 PM on May 8, 2012

I agree with Shazzy; Kody takes care of ALL of his family. Yes, they are unconventional, but it works for them and that’s all that matters. They have a lot of love in the family, which many traditional families lack. Let them live their lives in peace – more power to them and the wives that keep everything together.

Starz22

Posted at 6:14 AM on May 11, 2012

How is Kody taking care of his “families”? This guy dosent have a job…I believe its the women who are working and taking care of his children…These women seem as clueless as the Duggar girls…Follow what your man says and you will get in to heaven. Wont it be a sad day for them all….And robin…you are so weak and so easliy seen through. You and your 3 kids are living off these other women who try to make this work.You just think you have a right to be there now that you got knocked up by kody and have his 17th kid. Robin….tell me what you add or how you help this screwd-up family. Thats right….you cant!

Shazzy

Posted at 11:42 AM on April 24, 2012

What’s the difference between this and a man knocking up 4 girlfriends over his life span. Kody is at least taking care of his children. They are all happy. They educate their children beyond their own personal beliefs. And most importantly, are loved.

Nicole

Posted at 7:37 PM on April 16, 2012

Why does anyone even care? They’re not hurting anyone. This whole “marriage is between two people” thing is firmly rooted in Christianity, and religion should play no part in lawmaking.

Jen

Posted at 10:26 AM on April 8, 2012

This Polygamy not Bigamy! He only legally married to Meri. He has spiritual marriages with Christine, Janelle and Robyn. Get over yourself people who believe Kody is should be prosecuted because this is wrong in the eye’s of god … so is same sex marriages but we are all too accepting of that nowadays! Live and let live! xx

Saydee

Posted at 1:47 PM on April 3, 2012

Although I am not for, or against, this type of religion.. they are not murdering people (theyre not even hurting anyone!) and no one would have even noticed what was going on if they never went public.

LEAVE THE BROWNS ALONE & LET THEM LIVE THEIR LIVES. WHAT EVER HAPPENED TO AMERICA BEING A ‘FREE’ COUNTRY?!?!?!?!?!

Melissa

Posted at 6:39 PM on April 2, 2012

I hope the win and I will support them in any way i can just tell me who what when and were. They are happy and I wish them all the best.

teyonah

Posted at 9:31 AM on April 2, 2012

I think they should be able to live their lives the way they want to without the government stepping in.It would be different if these women were being forced to stay with him or if the children were being mistreated,but they’re happy.I’m not God, I say let them alone I also think having a ban on gays getting married is stupid. Our government has a lot more to worry about right now than who’s marrying who.America should be worrying about how to get Obama out of office this year.

winter

Posted at 10:14 AM on March 18, 2012

I think they should be left alone to live there lives, as they are not hurting anyone and they don’t preach to everyone saying thats how you are meant to live (like some religious groups).

Mark t

Posted at 1:57 AM on March 10, 2012

Our government is like a beat up old rug that smells like ferret pee. It’s time for a new rug. Seeing the government smash families everyday sickens me. A plural family is the strongest structure known next to the synthetic diamond, and thus difficult for the state to control or dismember. Like an octopus, it would probably take the entire on call staff at the local cps socialist services office to rip it apart and the lezbos couldn’t high five afterwards with broken fingers and bruised knuckles. Like I say ALLWAYS teach our children TO BITE. Not us of course, BUT THEM. Abraham Lincon gave U.S. marshalls the green light to hunt down mormons like jackrabbits, and today mainstream mo’s suffer from mormon guilt, overcompensating for past persecutions. That’s why they are the first to try to bury their own fundamentalists. To the mainstream mo’s, especially males in the legal field, you ilk of federal ambition, STOP TRYING TO APE THE SOPHOMORIC DWADDLERS IN OUR LATTER DAY GOVERNMENT. It is providence that we the people will soon THROW THEM OUT. So enough of you mainstream bureaucrats with your best henpecker impersonations. I feel embarrased for you seeing you in public like that. You act like a bunch of timid immigrants trying to fit in even if its in the belly of a stupid security state. Let me see you wave your banners HIGH AND PROUD! Polygamy is kool. That’s K-O-O-L! Kody, you have more support outside that church than you know.

Stephanie

Posted at 8:36 PM on February 5, 2012

I say let us live the way we choose, why does it have to be an issue. Others who gripe about what others do need to concentrate on there own lives. It is non of anyone’s business what takes place in others lives.

Lauren

Posted at 2:45 PM on February 5, 2012

who should tell anyone how to live?.. it’s his life although not morally ethical, Cody doesn’t treat his wives poorly; he loves them all. People just need to accept “difference” in the world.

Meredith