'Secret Circle' Recap: Cassie Gets Dark(er) & Jake Kisses [Spoiler]

Thu, February 2, 2012 11:55pm EDT by 20 Comments
Courtesy of The CW (3)

Plus, Cassie learns more about her not-so-dead father.

If Faye (Phoebe Tonkin) was a real person, I would kick her in the shins for what she did on the Feb. 2 episode of The Secret Circle. Her increasingly troubling addiction to Devil’s Spirit aside, she committed a major no-no when she [Spoiler alert!] totally made out with Jake (Chris Zylka)! Doesn’t she know it isn’t smart to piss off Cassie (Britt Robertson) now that she’s all hopped up on crazy dark magic?

But maybe I’m just letting my inner Cassie-Jake shipper get the best of me on this one. After all, Faye dated Jake before he ever met Cassie and Jake walked in on Cassie kissing Adam (Thomas Dekker) a few episodes ago. So even though I’d love to see Cassie and Jake make beautiful blonde babies, he’s technically fair game to any member of the circle. Well, except Melissa (Jessica Parker Kennedy), because she apparently isn’t allowed to have any fun at all.

And while we’re on the topic of relationship drama, Shelley Hennig wasn’t kidding when she told HollywoodLife.com that “there’s still some ‘Diadam’ happening.” She gave a super-emotional speech at Adam’s birthday party, which got me — I mean her – a little choked up. (I’m a man! Men don’t cry!)

But aside from the raging hormones of Chance Harbor, this week’s episode was still plenty meaty. After getting her hands on her father’s medallion, Cassie met up with the witch who confronted her in Jake’s memory last week, and she convinced the circle to perform a spell to release the power of the bling. Little did they know, they were being tricked into trapping their powers in the medallion! That’s when bad-ass Cassie nearly lit the woman on fire in order to get the truth out of her: John Blackwell is, in fact, very much alive.

I can’t say the same for the witch, though, whose throat was slashed by her mysterious witch-hunter master when she reported her failure. Cassie claims the circle is “ready” for the hunters to bring it — but I’m not so sure.

What did you think of this week’s Secret Circle? Are you mad at Faye for hooking up with Jake, or does she have every right to steal her ex-boyfriend back? With John Blackwell be a friend or foe? And when is Melissa going to do… anything?!

— Andy Swift

Follow Andy on Twitter for more Secret Circle updates

jenkneedot

Posted at 8:44 PM on February 8, 2012

I have a feeling Jake was either 1) drugged by Bikerboy himself or 2) getting Faye vulnerable and a little undressed to find the drugs she was hiding/what’s literally up her sleeve. He heard part of the conversation with druggie boy and probably felt that her and Melissa were tainting the circle. His face was too passive, not even a hint of a smile for there to be any real fun in it.

Being half naked and shunned would be a very strong motivation for her to have a Anti-Valentine’s day party. . .

Lynn

Posted at 4:24 PM on February 4, 2012

I hate where TSC is right now! – Last episode was great though. But this episode… Argh. Maybe it’s because I don’t get the hook-ups? Adam should realize how mean he’s been acting to Diana, then apologize and forget about the whole “written in the stars”-thing and get back together with her. And Cassie should forgive Jake for all his actions, and see all the GOOD she’s brought him, and how he’s been transformed because of her.

– But I’ll give it time. MAybe it’ll be that way someday :P

Cora

Posted at 2:24 PM on February 4, 2012

I like Faye and Jake together. I never understood all the Adam hate, he’s the only logical one in the group.

l_e

Posted at 12:36 PM on February 4, 2012

they’re teenagers, they act impulsively, we shouldn’t blame writers for such good knowing of kids =)
but i cannot get where is Fay’s self-esteem? she forgot how rude Jake was to her? it’s weird and unbelievable…

anyway, i like this twist and i foresee Diadaming things, so finger crossed for Cassia and her badassness =)

bitchstolemyremote

Posted at 9:42 PM on February 3, 2012

Can’t get excited about the relationships…Adam/Cassie/Jake keep doing the same thing over and over again (we get it, Adam – you’re a wet blanket!). Diana (and Shelley Hennig) deserves better.

I just wish the show didn’t insist on introducing characters only to kill them off in the same episode. It’s not a twist when we don’t even care about these people. There’s no sense of palpable danger and it makes the show feel like it’s not moving forward (our take here: http://wp.me/p1VQBq-oa)

Can’t even address the Melissa drug storyline…ugh

Miranda

Posted at 9:31 PM on February 3, 2012

The only reason I started watching this show was for Jake and Cassie. They completely make the show. I agree with lots of the comments that Adam and Cassie are boring. When I heard that Adam and Cassie were supposedly “written in the stars” I thought if they end up together that would be completely boring and pointless. I hope that Jake is to Cassie what John Blackwell was to her mother. I think that Jake is more of a risk to Cassie and I hope it makes her fall for him in a way that she just can’t live without him. Anyway if they don’t get back together soon I guess I’ll be going back to watching TVD on Thursdays and changing the channel when TSC comes on.

Cassie.

Posted at 11:12 AM on February 3, 2012

Love Faye, but can she not lip-lock Cassie’s man like seriously. lol

Then again, waiting for the Jake Cassie relationship to happen will be well worth it just like the Delena romance.
#CakeFuggTheWorld.

adriana

Posted at 10:24 AM on February 3, 2012

i love faye/jake but i’m still a cake sucker!
i’m rooting for them for so much reasons!
1.he changed for her
2.he wants her for what she is unlike adam who wants her for what she wants her to become
3.the whole inner battle between good and evil in both cassie and jake
4…and most important:the whole destiny chose adam and cassie makes jake and cassie more epic!

faye is still my favorite no matter what (the girl is fierce) and because diana’s pairing with lee is dull and faye’s with lee is not…i’m rooting for them!also is a way to keep the hawt-e in the series!

also i so hate adam!that little bastard!he is so coward and stupid!he always bad mouthing jake because he knows he does not stand a chance!i never hated a character soooo much!i hope which hunters set him on fire and the both the hunters and adam rote in hell for an etrnity while a demon with jake’s appearance ripping his heart every day-wow i must be wtching supernatural more than i can handle!

ohhhh and i just remember another reason why i love jake!he kinda reminds my of tvd’s damon!ofc damon is waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay better and the greatest but hawtes have something in common!ohhh and jake is waaaaay hotter than adam so…

(damon will always be my no.1…love him forever)

adriana

Posted at 10:26 AM on February 3, 2012

ok wait! so many grammar mistakes i did!
1.many reasons not much!
2.jake’s looks and not appearance

…and be free to correct me!i’m not from us or uk so i’m sorry for my terrible english

Lara

Posted at 11:40 PM on February 2, 2012

ARE YOU FREAKIN KIDDING ME! After waiting this long for a jake and cassie relationship.. they drag his character back to faye???? my god if u wanted boring partnerships then they got it! Adam and Cassie = BBBOOORRRRIIIINNNNNGGGGGG to the point where i would rather watch grass grow! and Jake and Faye = snooze fest! Now i know what Im doing thurs next week… watching something else.. !

A

Posted at 11:08 AM on February 3, 2012

I wouldn’t think much into Faye and Jake actually getting back together. What Jake did, I totally felt like it’s exactly what Damon on TVD would do. Jake was upset that Cassie didn’t trust him as much as he wants her to, and he let it out on someone else. Jake still likes Cassie, and they aren’t just going to dismiss Cassie and Jake. So, watch it next week and see what happens! Next week’s episode looks really good!

Tata

Posted at 11:25 PM on February 2, 2012

Really Faye? Why would you do that to yourself, AGAIN?? I think you have enough problems with that voodoo dude, and getting Melissa addicted to some unknown drug.. I couldn’t be more disappointed with the way this is going.. and then comes diana and lee…. like Ugh.. show, don’t do this to me!

Andy Swift

Posted at 12:12 AM on February 3, 2012

Diana and Lee makes literally no sense at all.

A

Posted at 11:06 AM on February 3, 2012

Based on the description for the episode, Diana’s getting a bit loose with the mood-altering Devil’s Spirit, so even though she kisses Lee, I wouldn’t make much of it.

NandaSC

Posted at 11:18 PM on February 2, 2012

I’m soooo mad at Faye for hooking up with Jake!! Seriously!! Who is she trying to fool??! She was all jealous with Melissa for being all BFF lately with Diana!!! GOSH!!! Now all that sexual frustration she had with Diana will be gone… but yet, I have high hopes for Fayana in the future. Altho I’m not betting that much into ep 14, since we’ll have to see Diana locking lips with Lee… ugh.. I’m so disappointed at TSC at the moment. Why tease us with Fayana, if they keep pairing them with other guys?? This is so mean =( but again… I still think that Fayana will happen eventually. Anything is possible with CW, right, Shelley? ;)

Andy Swift

Posted at 12:14 AM on February 3, 2012

Stay strong, Team Fayana.

KayT

Posted at 11:08 PM on February 2, 2012

I’m actually very estatic that Jake and Faye hooked up.I mean that was fayes boyfriend and she was still in love with him. And Jake and Cassie where not technically dating cause she kissed Adam .So I think Faye+Jake and Diana + adam and Cassie can stick to her medallion but hopefully someone else comes and swipe her off her feet

Andy Swift

Posted at 12:13 AM on February 3, 2012

I may be a Jake-Cassie enthusiast, but I will say, at least Jake and Faye’s hook up made the giant triangle moe interesting :)

Lisa

Posted at 11:06 PM on February 2, 2012

I think Faye has every right to make out with Jake. Cassie can’t have them all. Faye is just evening up the score.

Andy Swift