Jamie Lynn Spears: I'm Just Like The 'Teen Mom' Girls

Thu, February 2, 2012 5:41pm EDT by 7 Comments
Jamie Lynn Spears Teen Mom

The young mom says she totally relates to the stars of the hit MTV reality show because she knows what it’s like to be 16 and pregnant in the public eye.

At age 16, Jamie Lynn Spears made headlines and tons of criticism when the Nickelodeon actress revealed she was pregnant. As a young mom in the spotlight, the 20-year-old says she identifies with Teen Mom and the struggles they face. “When I saw MTV’s Teen Mom was coming out, I remember thinking, ‘Oh my God, I cannot wait to see this show because there’s someone else out there,” she says in a new Glamour interview.

Jamie Lynn felt a deep connection to the teens on the show: “I mean, I feel for those girls. I’ve been that girl. It does show that motherhood is hard.”

As the teens faced money problems, fights, break ups and other drama, Jamie Lynn had her own issues. “There were so many times — especially when Maddie would get sick — when I would cry to myself and think, I really don’t know what to do,” she says. “It takes bravery to be a young mom, and it does take bravery to let the world watch.”

Jamie Lynn’s such a fan of the show, she even reached out to Chelsea Houska and offered her love advice! “I think @ChelseaHouska is sooo damn pretty… Way too pretty to be crying over (whatever his name is)!!!” she wrote on Jan. 24.

More ‘Teen Mom’ drama:

1. Maci Bookout Defends Leah Messer’s Cheating Ways
  2. Chelsea Houska Denies Rumors: I Don’t Have A Pill Addiction
  3. Leah Messer Admits: I Cheated On Corey Simms A Week Before We Got Married

office 2011 for mac

Posted at 1:28 PM on May 24, 2012

Somebody necessarily help to make severely articles I’d state. That is the first time I frequented your web page and thus far? I surprised with the analysis you made to create this actual put up incredible. Excellent job!

Kim

Posted at 12:10 PM on February 22, 2012

It wAs wrong for jls to do it and it’s wrong for all the other girls. They should not be celebs or glorified for what they have done.

Heath

Posted at 10:57 PM on February 2, 2012

Things were tough for her? Please ! Lol she’s rich and had her family there supporting her the whole. This is just her trying to step back into the spotlight lol

Sofia

Posted at 7:22 AM on February 3, 2012

Yes, because EVERYTHING is solved with money. When your baby cries, just give her/him money, and it’ll stop. Right?

Oh please, money might get her some dipers and formula or toys, but a baby ain’t that very impressed by tons of money. A baby is demanding no matter what! Sure, she had support, but so does most of the moms on the show and I’m sure many teen moms have support too.

Kaylie

Posted at 12:17 PM on February 3, 2012

JLS had/has a nanny. So, yes. Things were easier for her. I think JLS seems to be a good mom. It seems like she isn’t letting the nanny RAISE her daughter, which is key. She was wise beyond her years when she stepped back and decided to raise her daughter outside of the spotlight. That’s how she’s different, and more mature from the TM girls. She stepped back, they continue to step in further and further.

Stacy's Mom

Posted at 8:53 PM on February 2, 2012

….does she not realize that 16 and Pregnant was created as a reaction to her pregnancy? The producers of the show saw the magazines flying off the shelves when she first announced her pregnancy, and decided to capitalize on the “scandalism” of a teen being pregnant. Needless to say, it worked.

helllokitty2142