'90210' Funeral Pics: Which Character Is Dying?

Thu, February 2, 2012 11:07am EST by 19 Comments
Courtesy of The CW, SplashNews.com

Who do YOU think should fear the reaper? Peruse my theories & cast your vote!

America’s brightest zip code is about to go dark — for one week, anyway. The cast of 90210 was spotted filming funeral scenes Feb. 1 in Los Angeles, and several recurring characters were curiously absent from the shoot: cancer-stricken Raj (Manish Dayal) and newly incarcerated Austin (Justin Deeley). Any theories? I’ve got, oh, a billion.

My gut is telling me two things: “Put food in me” and “it’s Raj.” Considering viewers were led to believe he was dying last season, and his cancer has only gotten more serious, he’s unfortunately sitting atop my list of suspects.

(Counterpoint: It’s been noted that this “doesn’t look like a typical Hindu funeral,” and considering they went in that direction for Raj’s wedding, it’s safe to assume they’d also do so with the funeral. Thanks, Sunny Jacob!)

Vanessa’s death, on the other hand, would be decidedly less tragic — especially for fans desperate to see Annie (Shenae Grimes) and Liam (Matt Lanter) back together.

In my mind, here’s how that would happen: Annie downs a bottle of vodka — preferably an expensive one, now that she’s a baller – then runs over Vanessa in her car like she’s a homeless chick. But instead of sleeping with Vanessa’s psycho nephew, Annie drives (drunk) to Liam’s bar, where they proceed to make sweet love on a pile of Marla Templeton’s dollars. Everybody wins!

(UPDATE: New shots of Arielle filming funeral scenes have surfaced. Sorry, “Lannie” fans!)

There’s also the possibility that Austin will get shanked in prison, but I doubt the inmates would want to get rid of him. He’d be so much more useful to them alive.

— Andy Swift

Follow Andy on Twitter for more 90210 scoop

Sophie

Posted at 5:43 AM on March 27, 2012

That dies btw.

Sophie H

Posted at 5:42 AM on March 27, 2012

IT IS RAJ WE ARE THE PRODUCERS.

AND IT’S NAOMI.

Corey

Posted at 6:19 PM on February 16, 2012

as long it’s not Raj and he gets back together with Ivy,I’ll be fine.

Laura

Posted at 6:41 PM on February 6, 2012

I hope it’s Jen’s funeral. She would so deserve it. The more horrific the death, the better

ivy sullivan

Posted at 6:14 PM on February 3, 2012

I want Liam and Annie to reunite !!!!

stacy

Posted at 1:26 PM on February 3, 2012

Why aren’t there any good Lannie spoilers ? I’m sure we didn’t get any since the middle of last season.

All i want is Lannie back, come on, they are only couple with real chemistry and history on this show. I can’t accept they just ruin 4 years of build up and love.

diana

Posted at 11:00 AM on February 3, 2012

I want Lannie back, Vanessa needs to STFU and run away

rexx

Posted at 11:46 AM on February 3, 2012

disagree!! hate that Lannie thing. They are boring and anoying as hell! I wanna Liomi back, and hopefully this happened soon!!!

wes

Posted at 1:24 PM on February 3, 2012

I hope Liomi NEVER happen again, worst couple in TV history

stacy

Posted at 1:29 PM on February 3, 2012

what Liomi ? It’s Lannie ERA now!!!!!! BRING LANNIE BACK !!!!! Lannie fanbase is devastating.

wendy

Posted at 6:38 AM on February 3, 2012

I’ve lost hope this show will ever reunite Lannie =[

indie

Posted at 3:46 AM on February 3, 2012

why can’t it be Vanessa ? she’s too long on this show, someone needs to backstab her already

sam

Posted at 2:59 AM on February 3, 2012

It would make my month if it was Vanessa :(
Why she’s still there ? don’t tell me Lannie won’t get back together before finale …….

Jarrod

Posted at 8:11 PM on February 2, 2012

Why couldn’t it be Navid? Sigh…

Parka

Posted at 3:59 PM on February 2, 2012

To Andrey that is.

Parka

Posted at 3:57 PM on February 2, 2012

I know.

Parka

Posted at 3:58 PM on February 2, 2012

To Andrey Min’kov that is.

Parka

Posted at 12:19 PM on February 2, 2012

It’s not Vanessa. There are pictures of her attending the same funeral alongside Liam. I think it’s Raj.. Even though this is not a traditional Hindu funeral. After all, he’s the one with cancer.

Andrey Min'kov