Will Smith & Jada Pinkett Smith Split Up Their Kids — Is Divorce Near?

Wed, February 1, 2012 9:42am EDT by 142 Comments
Will Smith & Jada Pinkett

Will is living with Jaden, 13, in Philadelphia, 3,000 miles away from Jada and Willow, 11, who are still in LA.

Will Smith and his wife Jada Pinkett Smith seem even closer to getting divorce than ever before. They have split up their kids and are living on opposite sides of the country. The kids are devastated, family members and sources reveal to Star magazine.

Will and their son Jaden, 13, are in Philadelphia where they will be filming After Earth — while Jada and Willow, 11, are living in LA before Willow starts touring in May. “The kids are really suffering,” a source says.

“It’s always a shame when divorce splits up families,” Estelle Pinkett, Jada’s great-aunt, agrees.

The family has been torn apart for a while now. “They haven’t spent any time as a whole family in months,” explains the source. “And it’s not going to happen anytime soon — if ever again.”

Willow and Jaden are aware of what’s going on with their parents. “The kids hear everything that Will and Jada say about each other,” an insider shares. “They’ve shed tears over it. It’s a hard time for them.”

“I’m sure [their parents] take it into consideration, the psychological impact on the kids and what they could do to make it minimal,” Jada’s former stepdad Warren Brown tells Star. “[But] it would surprise me if they stayed together.”

More Will Smith & Jada Pinkett Smith News:

1. Will Smith & Jada Pinkett Smith: Getting Cozy After Split Rumors
  2. Will Smith & Jada Pinkett Smith Living Separately — New Report
  3. Will Smith & Jada Pinkett Smith Divorce Going Ahead? Jada Meets With Top Lawyer

tina charles

Posted at 4:21 AM on March 6, 2012

I love will and jada, and I hate to see them go through this divorce affects everyone you know and love, even though there kids may not fully understand why, I believe will and jada will be there for their children to protect and love them.

Debrah Sankey

Posted at 12:32 AM on March 6, 2012

I use to luk up to ur union,pray nd wish to hav a family lyk urs. C’mon JadWill dats nt it.

ariel

Posted at 12:15 PM on March 5, 2012

awwwwwwww thats so so devastating
willow and jaden do not need that in their life
btw i love jaden smith

GAYNEL

Posted at 3:41 AM on March 5, 2012

WILL – AS A MAN THAT I THOUGHT WAS A MAN OF GOD DON’T TOU DARE SEPERATE FROM YOUR FAMILY IT WILL BE A HORRIBLE MISTAKE BIBLICALLY– CHECK IT OUT — I SAY ALL OF THIS OUT OF LOVE — I’M A 57 YR OLD SISTA AND IM MARRIED FOR 39 YRS NOW AND IT’S BECAUSE WE LOVE GOD AND HIS SON JESUS CHRIST

tina charles

Posted at 4:30 AM on March 6, 2012

well good for you,and congrats. on being married for 39 years, but that is not every person’s testimony, divorce happens and the main thing right now is to protect the children and to try and make the process flow smooth as possible, we all pray that will and jada won’t divorce. we can say all day what they should or should not do, but the truth is we don’t know their situation, so we need to pray and not hide behind biblical principles by judging in a slick way.

Mrs. Howard

Posted at 6:20 PM on March 7, 2012

Mrs. Gaynel I’m a young married woman and I tip my hat to you and God Bless You!!! It is a MUST that you apply bible principles in your marriage! God says if you keep his commandments you will live a HAPPY AND PROPEROUS LIFE! People are so caught up in the worldly things until they don’t know the true value of life. Take for instance Ms Tina Charles…she says “divorce happens” well her tone says to me that she doesn’t have a clue on a man’s role to his wife and a wife’s role to her husband! The reason divorces happen is because people don’t apply bible principles. They are too caught up in how the world perceives marriages. Me and my husband both love and respect God and his principles and our marriage is great and going strong and will continue to apply bible principles! Amen!!

Tamera Neal

Posted at 11:56 PM on March 4, 2012

I think they should settler things out and don’t get a divorce. Think of how jaden n willow feels having to spit up n staying with one parent do you really want tht for your kids I’m a child myself n I wouldn’t want my parents likk tht

Lisa

Posted at 3:39 PM on March 4, 2012

I believe you two have a union that will stand the test of time. I know you can make it – prove everyone wrong including yourselves by starting a new romance with each other. You two are an inspiration to so many couples- don’t let the media get you down and prove them wrong! I am praying for you and rooting for you and believe you can come out on top of this with even a stronger marriage!

ehizogie

Posted at 12:50 PM on March 3, 2012

they must stay together

CoolSwagGirly

Posted at 9:33 PM on March 2, 2012

Guys why do you listen that everything a gossiping site posts.You can only get true information from the actual person! Not others.Its commen scense some of this is false because So far they all were are in coasta rica shooting after earth..Proof, willow showed a picture of a tree frog on her twitter saying in coasta rica

comelia

Posted at 6:22 PM on February 27, 2012

I wanna hear one of them say “We’re over” so far everybody but them has said it.

stephanie

Posted at 3:44 AM on February 27, 2012

I really hate that because they were the ideal couple but they are human if they stay together because of the kids and their not happy the kids will still suffer. I pray for them.

Rocky

Posted at 12:06 AM on February 27, 2012

Don’t they work at different locations when they are filming? How stupid are these so-called rerporters? How stupid are we supposed to be to believe this?

JA=JA smith

Posted at 1:59 PM on February 26, 2012

WHY DID U SPLIT THE KIDS UP THATS CRAZY BUT IM A BIG FAn of willow we hung since we were kids wats wrong with tete jada

ehizogie

Posted at 12:53 PM on March 3, 2012

I WANT THE FAMILY TO GET BACK TOGETHER SO THAT THEY CAN WORK THINGS OUT.
WHY WOULD YOU GUYS SPLIT THE KIDS UP THAT’S CRAZY!!!!!

denose

Posted at 1:25 PM on February 26, 2012

I’m in complete shock this is a union I thought would stand the test of time my heart goes out to children and the couple I love both Will and Jada all I can say is when you have children and love that you both has shown to the world please don’t think of yourself think of the best for the children

dishanique

Posted at 3:44 PM on February 26, 2012

so they did get a divorse sad man why i such a bigg fan youll was a good couple together….

sara

Posted at 6:22 PM on February 25, 2012

hwy these celebs get marry they don’t stay together long

jesusj

Posted at 6:53 AM on February 25, 2012

will and jada afta a long tym of marriage now u heading 4 a divorce cme on guys family hav matter n dy always sorted cme ön beautiful people think twice this also affects your kids jst thnk abt them. HOW DO YOU THINK THEY WILL FEEL?

Jakeira milas

Posted at 11:26 PM on February 24, 2012

I am a number one fan I live in a apartment my adress is 2037 west susaqhana

Wonder

Posted at 10:01 PM on February 24, 2012

Maybe they “split” the kids up because 1 is filming a movie… On the other side if the country. Duh! Smh let that beautiful, imperfect, Black family live. The media is so trashy.

jayden

Posted at 1:40 PM on February 24, 2012

Will wont you miss at the kids choice awards I hope the best for the both of you

courtney huntley

Posted at 9:16 AM on February 24, 2012

I believe in love and I personally believe that jada and will are still n love with each other,couples have problem all the time, but I hope that they will workout their personal problems for the sake of the kids, I wish them the best of luck

christina

Posted at 11:58 PM on February 22, 2012

This is such a heartbreak…what happened to what they said when interviewed Oprah like 3 years ago?? That they we’re friends first and that is why their marriage lasts? Sad…for all.

Chi McBrogdan

Posted at 11:32 PM on February 22, 2012

For this family I pray that they will consider the children’s feelings before their own. Family ties are important. They are such a beautiful family ….may they put their children’s psychological needs first.

Jordan

Posted at 11:34 PM on February 22, 2012

I agree family is important.

Jennifer

Posted at 7:44 PM on February 22, 2012

Jada has HUGEcheek bones……SERIOUSLY

Me

Posted at 6:13 PM on February 21, 2012

Jada looks like a man……trans????

Shanae

Posted at 6:08 PM on February 21, 2012

I love Jada pinkett,always been a huge fan of hers and I stand by her.

Kiarra

Posted at 1:08 PM on February 19, 2012

Well I am twelve and if I were the grown ups id juust admit I’m making a huge mistake and say I’m sorry