'The Secret Circle' Scoop: Diana & Adam's Relationship Is Far From Over

Wed, February 1, 2012 3:48pm EST by 31 Comments
Courtesy of The CW (3)

Plus, Shelley tells HollywoodLife.com how she really feels about the fans’ obsession with ‘Fayana.’

The first thing you should know about couples on The Secret Circle is that no one ever really breaks up for good — and that’s especially the case with Diana (Shelley Hennig) and Adam (Thomas Dekker), who have been in a weird place ever since they decided to end things. “You’ll still see Adam going after Diana and Diana going after Adam,” Shelley tells HollywoodLife.com. “We have a lot of cool scenes. There’s still some ‘Diadam’ happening. It’s going in an interesting path.”

“I love this story line, and I love working with Thomas,” Shelley adds. “So when they broke up, Shelley was very upset. What I love about the relationship is that it’s the most relatable one on the show. Their scene in the hallway during the Fire and Ice dance was definitely not black-and-white; there was some underlying stuff there. It was Diana acting, you know, telling Adam to go for Cassie. I realized Diana is such a mature person for her age; she’s not the type of girl to lash out.”

Of course, if things don’t work out between Diana and Adam, there’s a burgeoning fan base hoping to see her shack up with a seemingly unlikely member of the circle — Faye (Phoebe Tonkin)! While Shelley says the witches have become “frenemies,” she’s also aware many viewers would love to seem them become much more.

“It’s crazy how that whole ‘Fayana’ thing started,” Shelley says. “It all started on Twitter, and I think the biggest reason was that people really liked that porch scene from the pilot. Everybody loves a good rivalry. What’s ironic is that Phoebe and I are really close in real life. We tweet these photos of us together and people really started to like it. I think that’s why they ship us, so we’ve decided to go ahead and ship ourselves.”

Still, Shelley does acknowledge that “anything could happen. It’s The CW.”

And what about Dawn (Natasha Henstridge) and Charles (Gale Harold)? Diana and friends have been in the dark for the most part, but Shelley tells me it won’t be long before the circle is just as privy to their shenanigans as the audience has been.

“It’s inevitable for Diana to find out how many people her father has killed,” Shelley says. “Thomas [Dekker] made a joke the other day: Why don’t we just say, ‘Cut the crap, Dawn. Cut the crap, Charles. We know that you know that we know that you know. Now give us some insight about what we can do!'”

OK, let’s talk about Diana’s love life: Do you hope she gets back with Adam, or is she better off single? Would you love to see her square off against Faye? And most importantly, where do you stand on the taboo issue of ‘Fayana’? See you in the comments section!

— Andy Swift

Follow Andy on Twitter for more Secret Circle scoop

Jessyca Alencar

Posted at 12:19 AM on February 2, 2012

Is that a question? Fayana is so on that ”Diadam” doesn’t even make sense. Please, the ship Fayana. Give us Fayana.

Megan

Posted at 10:55 PM on February 1, 2012

FAYANA FAYANA FAYANA FAYANA!!

There’s nothing “taboo” about it. It’s like any other relationship you could have on this show. They need to get over Diadam, and let Diana do the same. She deserves better than whining and moaning about some guy whose attraction and even destiny, for that matter, is so directed at some other girl. You have two characters on a show, whose actors who portray them have great on-screen chemistry, have a somewhat sketchy existence around each other (which leaves backstory to be explored just for individual character development even), and a large fan who obviously wouldn’t mind seeing their relationship explored on further levels. The fact that they’re both girls is irrelevant when the physical chemistry is so presently there, if you ask me.

Plus, what else are they gonna do? Keep sticking the characters we love with sporadic and random guest stars we don’t trust? Come on now.

Megan

Posted at 10:56 PM on February 1, 2012

I meant *large fan base*

Katherine

Posted at 9:23 PM on February 1, 2012

Fayana please!! They have to fall in loveee! They are perfect together… One mean and the other good (and better if Diana is the other blackwell child) :D

Daniela

Posted at 9:19 PM on February 1, 2012

Fayanaaa fayanaaa all the wayyyy best couple EVER!! ;) o love them i really want them togetherrrrrrr

Me

Posted at 8:23 PM on February 1, 2012

I love The Secret Circle but “Fayana” fans are getting old fast.

Tata

Posted at 8:04 PM on February 1, 2012

Fayana right here quote by Phoebe Tonkin LOL

Fayana happening would be the best thing EVER!!!

rachel

Posted at 7:49 PM on February 1, 2012

Faye and Diana have hands down the best chemistry on the show…it would be a shame for the writers to waste the potential.

Cecilia

Posted at 7:32 PM on February 1, 2012

FAYANA FAYANA 4 LIFE <33
Adam is not the right person for Diana. He needs a lot of stuff to figure out and we all know that he likes Cassie. And besides Faye has a sweet caring side that she doesn't like showing people, and perhaps Diana can bring it out of her. Besides who can deny Phoebe and Shelley's chemistry.. I don't think anyone, or else Fayana wouldn't be such a HUGE thing. So FAYANA is endgame in my opinion. <3 c:

qt

Posted at 7:02 PM on February 1, 2012

Taboo? lol, this veiled homophobia.

Fayana has the potential to be the best relationship on the show, and the actresses’ chemistry proves that. As much as I love Dekker, his character has no chemistry with any of his romantic interests.

Lena

Posted at 5:47 PM on February 1, 2012

FAYANA FAYANA FAYANA I SHIP IT SO HARD

Belén

Posted at 5:33 PM on February 1, 2012

LOVE Faye and Diana, especially when they’re eye-sexing each other up. <3 Will forever ship those two.

Sarah

Posted at 5:32 PM on February 1, 2012

I just want Fayana to happen! They are the only pairing I care about on the show!

gustavsons

Posted at 5:22 PM on February 1, 2012

Fayana! they have the best chemistry of the show! there’s definitely potential with them, don’t waste it CW!

Isabella

Posted at 5:11 PM on February 1, 2012

I won’t deny the chemistry between Adam and Diana, a lot of their scenes together make my heart ache BUT I ship Fayana all the way. I really believe that TSC should build up Fayana to the point where they become lovers. They would balance each other out so well!

The_Void

Posted at 5:09 PM on February 1, 2012

FAYANA or GTFO.

jacqueline

Posted at 5:07 PM on February 1, 2012

I’d love to see her square off against Faye! Fayana all the way!

Carla

Posted at 5:01 PM on February 1, 2012

Forget “Diadam” ! We want “Fayana”!

CuseGirl

Posted at 4:59 PM on February 1, 2012

Taboo? Fayana is not taboo, if they write it properly, it would be great. I just hope they don’t wait until like season 6 when the ratings are down and they’re like 30 and Adam is dead or something stupid like that, they just throw it out there. If you’re gonna do it, don’t insult us.

rumpelstiltskin

Posted at 4:57 PM on February 1, 2012

Personally, i think faye and diana would make a GREAT couple cos ofthe light Vs dark dynamic and i can see diana being the other blackwell child where dark magic takes over her and turns her into a very mean and evil person where as my beloved faye..lol i have a soft spot for (phoebe)becomes the opposite of her character now and kinda helps diana and stuffs and they fall inlove..well i guess what am saying is make phoebe and shelly a couple CW NETWORK!! oh..sorry faye&diana…

NandaSC

Posted at 4:48 PM on February 1, 2012

FAYANA FOR THE WIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
THIS INTERVIEW IS FULL OF EPIC WIN (meaning Fayana goody good, of course!) Seriously, it was easy to assumed that Phoebe & Shelley ship themlselves cuz of what they tweet each other, but reading Shelley really saying it KLJSADHASFJLAKS SO FREAKING COOL!!!!!!!! I mean, how can someone not ship Fayana??! It’d be so very ‘Shakespearean’, like: “My only love sprung from my only hate!” C’MON! They are the most interesting characters on the show, and of course, pretty as hell! MAKE IT HAPPEN, CW!!! You’ll only win with this, trust me!!!!

Mel

Posted at 4:35 PM on February 1, 2012

the chemistry between Faye and Diana (Phoebe and Shelley) is pure hotness! i would love to see them together as a couple! I really support “Fayana”

fmeandyou

Posted at 4:29 PM on February 1, 2012

I love the series! and Diana is my favorite! I love the chemistry with Faye so I really ship Fayana!

Dani

Posted at 4:22 PM on February 1, 2012

I honestly can’t get behind anything else in this show beside Fayana.

Stacy

Posted at 4:19 PM on February 1, 2012

I would love to see “Fayana” happen! It would be a surprise, sure, but definitely a nice surprise! As it happened with Marissa in The OC, all the fans have supported her relationship with Alex…i think the same thing would happen if Faye and Diana had a relationship!

Anon

Posted at 4:13 PM on February 1, 2012

I’m not a Fayana shipper, but I know why so many people like seeing Diana and Faye share scenes together. It’s explosive! The chemistry these two characters (Diana and Faye) share is really great and I can see why so many people ship them together. Hey, if it happens, I wouldn’t complain. They aren’t cousins like they were in the books, so it would not be gross. Then again, I really like them as frenemies and the light vs. dark of Cassie. Just like Jake is the dark side of Cassie and Adam is the light side. Melissa is the neutral side between the forces of good and evil. Cassie is also the neutral side of this war as well.

I very much look forward to the day when the parents arc and the Circle’s adventures collide. I can only imagine how crazy it will be! I think that moment is quickly approaching us as well, because [SPOILER] Cassie’s dad is coming back very soon in Ep. 15.