Leslie Carter's Autopsy Complete & Cause Of Death Still 'Unknown', Says Coroner's Office

Wed, February 1, 2012 4:29pm EST by 11 Comments
Leslie Carter Death

HollywoodLife.com spoke EXCLUSIVELY to the Chautauqua County Coroner’s Office in upstate New York on Feb. 1 and they told us her body has been released to a local funeral home. An insider also tells us that Leslie was visiting her father when she died. Read on to find out all the latest details.

Leslie Carter was found dead on Jan. 31 and friends close to the family tell HollywoodLife.com that they are ‘shocked’ by her untimely passing. The Coroner’s Office tells us that it will take four to six weeks until the toxicology report is complete and that’s when we’ll have some answers as to her cause of death.

The younger sister of the Backstreet Boys star Nick Carter was found dead in upstate New York and a source tells us she was visiting her dad. Leslie resided in Canada, which is about an hour and a half away from Chautauqua County, New York, where her dad lived.

The county is so small that they don’t have a medical examiner’s office, so the body was sent to the Erie County Medical Examiner’s Office in upstate New York for the autopsy. Her body has been released to the family so that they can organize her funeral arrangements.

We told you that Leslie leaves behind her 10-month-old daughter Alyssa and her husband of three years, Mike Ashton.

Alyssa’s Twitter handle was titled MomAshton and her about me says: “I’m Leslie, I love being a new mom to our wonderful baby girl Alyssa Ashton, and I have a wonderful husband who takes care of his girls. I couldn’t ask for more.”

Nick says in a statement that he’s thankful to those “who have shared their wishes and prayers during this tragic time,” and that he plans to continue with his tour in NYC “as promised.” “Performing is cathartic to me,” he said, “and I am dedicating the rest of my tour to my sister since she loved to watch me perform.”

Leslie appeared alongside her family on the short-lived E! reality series House of Carters, which ran for eight episodes in late 2006.

— Chloe Melas

Click To Read About Leslie Carter’s Drug Problems.

Other Recent Hollywood Tragedies:

1. Etta James Dead At Age 73 — So Sad
  2. Joe Frazier Dead — Boxing Legend Dies At 67. So Sad.
  3. Andy Rooney Dies At 92 — So Sad.

reduce stress

Posted at 9:55 AM on April 16, 2012

Great beat ! I wish to apprentice at the same time as you amend your web site, how could i subscribe for a weblog website? The account aided me a appropriate deal. I were a little bit familiar of this your broadcast provided shiny clear idea

JESUS

Posted at 1:43 PM on February 2, 2012

DESCANSE EN PAZ

Stephanie Wales

Posted at 5:54 AM on February 2, 2012

Im sorry to hear about her death….. My prayers goes to her family…

Jewels

Posted at 10:01 PM on February 1, 2012

My heart goes out to the carter family. Leslie was a great person and I feel so blessed to have known her. I pray that mike builds strength to raise Alyssa and have Leslie be proud of them. She was truely such a friendly person and I wish I could of spent more time with her. She’s an angel now watching over her loved ones. Rest in paradise gorgeous

Jessi

Posted at 7:21 PM on February 1, 2012

To the Carter Family: my most sincere condolence With deepest sympathy go out to you , thoughts and prayers are with you, I’am thinking of you during this difficult time

Amber

Posted at 7:09 PM on February 1, 2012

Leslie was my favorite out of the carter clan. I give my condolences to the carter family for their loss of a loved one.

Sara

Posted at 6:45 PM on February 1, 2012

What the hell can you say except “please pray” for strength for mike to continue to raise Alyssa. I think she will be the one to get him through the years. I also pray for all families and friends affected. May God rest Leslies soul so she may look over her husband and baby girl.

Sara

Posted at 6:47 PM on February 1, 2012

So incredibly sad…..

Joan LoCascio

Posted at 6:03 PM on February 1, 2012

To the Carter Family:
My prayers and thoughts are with you all. Leslie will be missed by everyone. God bless her baby girl Alyssa.

amanda jones

Posted at 5:07 PM on February 1, 2012

I am so shocked . She was a beauitful person in side and out she will be missed … We love u les.. Nick aaron bj angel and jane my prayers are with u all …

Posted at 9:37 PM on February 1, 2012

Same here but you forgot their dad bob and other sister ginger. Also their stepmom ginger.
Yes they have the same name.