Selena Gomez: I’m More Comfortable With My Sexuality Now — New Interview

Tue, January 31, 2012 1:55pm EST by 22 Comments
Selena Gomez Cosmopolitan

Selena has already graduated to more mature roles, and now she’s talking openly about sensuality in a new interview.

With Wizards of Waverly Place behind her, 19-year-old Selena Gomez is busy plotting her next step. Currently on tour in South America, where she debuted a set of revealing new costumes, Selena has already signed on to star in Spring Breakers, which will reportedly shine a whole new light on the former Disney Channel starlet. Now, in an in-depth interview with Cosmopolitan, Selena reveals that she’s growing up, and “gradually working toward becoming more confident in being a woman.”

Interestingly, the multi-talented Selena — who admits that she “didn’t even know what sensual meant” when she was 15 — says that a photographer once told her to smile more because “she looked too sensual when she wasn’t smiling.”

Now that she’s a little bit older, the megastar is “getting fully comfortable with that aspect of herself,” though she says that she’s not working toward “necessarily being a sex symbol or anything.”

We think Selena treated this topic with a lot of class, and we admire her for being so candid with her fans!

Are you liking this new side of Selena, HollywoodLifers?

– Josh Rosenblatt

More Selena Gomez News

1. Selena Gomez ‘Cosmopolitan’ Cover Revealed: She Looks So Sexy
  2. Ashley Benson Cast In ‘Spring Breakers’ With Selena Gomez & Vanessa Hudgens
  3. Selena Gomez Tweets A Sexy Bikini Pic

khay

Posted at 8:48 AM on February 29, 2012

oh come on people. everybody grows up. she was a kids star and its not like she started talking about stuff like this a few years earlier, some things are off but she said ‘gradually’. and plus, just because she’s had that image of being a kids star she can’t stay like that forever, duh. anybody who wants an actual career of course doesn’t want that image.

matthew lisley

Posted at 9:37 PM on February 23, 2012

I love selena and i think she handled this amazingly and she is very smart! :)

selenator

Posted at 12:05 PM on February 11, 2012

i think selena’s doing amazing! alot of ppl are calling her to be in her movies, which is just amazing! selena’s an amazing singer and a actress!
– love you sel <3
-once a selenator ALWAYS one!

Michael Jo

Posted at 10:07 AM on February 3, 2012

Selena is aw some.If you don’t have anything good to write in regards to Selena Gomez then please don’t write anything at all.
M.J.

Unknown

Posted at 3:33 PM on February 2, 2012

Alright let me say somethin people who hate selena mostly OOB(OVER OBSSESED BIELBERS) u would never have a chance with him most of u are probably 7-12 who hate her and y would he date u when your already sendin death threats to his girlfriend……Yall need a life

wen

Posted at 4:26 AM on February 1, 2012

hhahah!!! come on selena ur so fakeeeeeeeeee

tin2x

Posted at 4:25 AM on February 1, 2012

shes talentlesss !! sooo OA interview shut up!!!!!!!!!!selena

Cleo

Posted at 10:57 PM on January 31, 2012

Hopefully, she’ll do better than Miley, and know which end of the tube to lick with her tongue.

angie

Posted at 6:50 PM on January 31, 2012

i bet if that were Miley Cyrus they’d be saying how she was a bad roll model

ju

Posted at 8:17 PM on January 31, 2012

yup!!

ivy

Posted at 6:23 PM on January 31, 2012

I like the girl don’t get me wrong but she’s 19! How much of a sensual could she possibly have?!

Lara

Posted at 5:26 PM on January 31, 2012

“multi-talented”? Don’t make me laugh.

Melanie

Posted at 4:47 PM on January 31, 2012

When I first read the title “I’m comfortable with my sexuality now” I honestly though she was going to say she’s lesbian or bi. Woops, sorry Selena.

david b conway

Posted at 6:22 PM on March 20, 2012

DEAR HOLLYWOOD LIFE WEB SITE ,HI MY NAME IS DAVID CONWAY AND MY COMMENTS TO HERE AND TO SELENA GOMEZ , HER SELF ,I JUST DO,NT CARE IF SHE IS GOING TO READ THIS COMMENT OR NOT JUST BY ME , I DO,NT HAVE TO LOVE HER JUST WITH OR WITH OUT HER AND HER BOY FRIEND JUSTIN BIEBER ,, AND PLEASE TELL SELENA GOMEZ FOR ME PLEASE , JUST ABOUT HER LAST EPISODE IN WIZARDS OF WAVERLY PLACE, THE SERIES FINALE EPISODE , I DID NOT WATCH IT THAT NIGHT OF JANURAY 6 TH JUST WHEN IT WAS ON , I JUST DO,NT CARE IF SHE WORK SO HARD ON IT ON THE SERIES FINALE LAST EPISODE ,, LOVE DAVID CONWAY

Casey

Posted at 4:44 PM on January 31, 2012

I get that Selena is growing up, but everyone knows her as a KIDS star, not some adult who gets into sexual movies and R-rated movies. No kid whose a fan wants her to change, and retire from being a teenager. INCLUDING ME!!!:(

Keila

Posted at 11:56 PM on January 31, 2012

LOL well sad but true..Everyone grows up..and just because she was a Disney star does not mean she has to be a virgin forever. She has the right to mature and change. Her fans just need to trust her and let her be. Hopefully she’s not gonna become a lil hoe. And hopefully once she starts having sex, she would stick with one partner, and get marry. Thats my opinion.

Anoymous

Posted at 12:53 AM on February 1, 2012

Yes true people know her as a kids star. But so was Britney Spears nuff said.

Michael Jo

Posted at 4:37 PM on January 31, 2012

Selena is a very Beautiful and attractive Lady and Loves me and supports me.get’n there Sel
M.J.

Michael Jo

Posted at 4:28 PM on January 31, 2012

Thank you Selena for the kind words.
M.J.

Samara

Posted at 2:36 PM on January 31, 2012

I LOVE YOUU SELENA GOMEZ I HOPE THINGS GO WELL WITH YOU AND THE __LEGEND__ (BIEBER)
<3 LOVE YA!!!

lara

Posted at 2:32 PM on January 31, 2012

Just post the whole article already. I want to read it. You are just making articles about every sentence she said.

Michelle

Posted at 2:08 PM on January 31, 2012

I luv the new selly …. She is my role model and i fully respect the fact that she’s growing up and i just cant wait for her perfume to be in stores !!! #MuchLove