Heartless Mother Deserts Two Young Daughters On The Sidewalk

Mon, January 30, 2012 10:00am EDT by 15 Comments
NY Daily News

Leaving her two young daughters stranded and alone in the cold January weather, a mother dumped them on a Brooklyn sidewalk and drove away.

Little girls Domini, 5, and Dioni, 3, were discovered on a busy intersection in Brooklyn on Jan. 29 playing by themselves and left with nothing but fresh disposable diapers. “Mommy just left us on the sidewalk and drove away,” Domini told the NY Daily News moments after a good Samaritan found the girls.

Bundled up in coats, UGG boots and carrying diapers, the girls were found around 3 p.m. “We don’t know their identities yet,” a police source told the NY Daily News. “They gave us their first names and said their mom dropped them off.”

The older girl told police their first names and the street they live on — though they couldn’t remember what neighborhood they were from. “We live in a blue house with flowers in front,” she described.

Domini remembered her mom’s name is Dalisha and was driving a white car, but she couldn’t remember any further details. “They were wanding up and down the sidewalk for a while, just playing by themselves,” says Michelle Davis, 43, of Brooklyn. “It’s horrible. How could you leave your own children out there? They’re babies and you just leave them out there like that?”

Although they didn’t have any signs of abuse, they were taken to Brookdale University Hospital for observation and are now in Administration for Children’s Services custody.

“I don’t know how anyone could do that to little kids like that,” says Lizzette Santiago, 38. Lizzette says she knew of the story because cops took the girls door-to-door in the area. “I have three children of my own. I felt really bad to see young children like that left on the street at a really young age. It’s really messed up.”

Cops pieced together the information the girls gave them to find the mother’s identity. Dalisha Adams, 26, was arrested and charged with two counts of endangering the welfare of a child.

So terrible! Can you believe a mother would do that to her children?

-Anna Moeslein

More crime stories:

1. Couple Face Death Penalty For Locking A Girl In A Box In Boiling Heat
  2. A Couple Charged For Child Abuse In Their Baby’s Co-Sleeping Death
  3. Teen Mom Sarah McKinley Shot And Killed A Home Intruder To Protect Her Baby

Shirley

Posted at 10:25 PM on January 31, 2012

Hey!!! I like this mom!!! She’s Sooo nice!! I would do that to!!!!! Lol

Delia

Posted at 10:26 PM on January 31, 2012

Your very mean Shirley

krys

Posted at 8:41 AM on January 31, 2012

I got so nautious inside when I read this story. I literally felt the urge to vomit. I have 2 little boys and to have a true feeling of what these girls went through, I visioned my 2 babies standing there and how scared and lost they might have felt. I hope they find these little angels a loving home!

Krys

Posted at 8:45 AM on January 31, 2012

what baffles my mind is, why did she give them diapers??? It’s not like they can change themselves. This story doesnt make sence to me. I dont understand how the girls were playing instead of being scared.

Laurie

Posted at 12:40 AM on January 31, 2012

Excuse me? Five and three years old and still in diapers???This idiot mother should have had them both trained by now…too busy doing drugs, I’m sure.

Delia

Posted at 12:00 AM on January 31, 2012

No food…water….or shelter??!!!! Poor poor kids

Delia

Posted at 11:57 PM on January 30, 2012

SOMEBODY NEEDS 2 TEACH THAT OLD HAG A LESSON!!!!!!!

Delia

Posted at 11:55 PM on January 30, 2012

Wow! That mom is very mean rude and needs to learn respect!!! If I saw her I would beat her up!!! Don’t think I won’t and if I had the chance…..I would save those two kids. Love:Delia L. :(:(:(:(

mary

Posted at 11:45 PM on January 30, 2012

especially when children grow up they become having emotional problems remembering things,lord jesus!

Delia

Posted at 10:28 PM on January 31, 2012

Wanna be friends Mary?

Bre

Posted at 7:43 PM on January 30, 2012

WHAT KIND OF MOTHER IS THAT!!! I CAN’T BELIEVE SHE’D DO THAT THATS A SIGN SHE’S MESSED UP,STUPID AND IF SHE CAN’T TAKE CARE OF THEM THEN SHE CAN’T TAKE CARE OF HERSELF AMEN! I agree with Bluie!! I would have asked them questions such as “where’s your mom.” or “What are you kids doing outside in this weather by yourselfs in such a bog city.” I MEAN COME ON THEY COULD HAVE GOTTEN KIT BY A CAR or gotten sick! what a HORRIABLE MOTHER! i hope she stays in Jail for 1000 years

mary

Posted at 7:32 PM on January 30, 2012

I think its a DAME shame that a so called Mother could do that 2 there own flesh & blood. What the hell is going on with this abuse of our Children, the ones who look at U with so much Love in there eyes,the ones who R so Precious more than Life it self, I cannot wrap my thoughts around the Hurt & Pain that these Children go through at the hands of those who R suppose 2 protect them, I HURT 4 THEM.

Delia

Posted at 12:03 AM on January 31, 2012

Wow mary…very thoughtful. Your a good person

bluie

Posted at 3:24 PM on January 30, 2012

IF I’ve seen them lil kids on a street I’d have take em to the cop and ask them Questions Right on then Would take care of them myself. and Shame on the them Lil girls mother hope they found her and put her in jail for Good

Genug

Posted at 11:51 AM on January 30, 2012

They should lock her up for a long time…