Sofia’s pink and plum beauty look at the 2012 SAG awards was inspired by her stunning jewels. Find out how to get her look!
Celebrity makeup artist Kayleen McAdams created this gorgeous look on CoverGirl spokeperson Sofia Vergara. See Kayleen’s how-to and shop her product picks below.
“You’ll see that Sofia’s jewelry had purple tones, in both the bracelet and earrings so I wanted to subtly bring that out in the eye with a plum shadow,” explains Kayleen. “To bring the whole look together, I used a mauve lipstick as it complemented the eye and also accented the jewelry.”
- “I applied COVERGIRL TRUconceal Concealer #4 under the eyes and around the nose first, and then applied COVERGIRL NatureLuxe Silk Foundation in Nutmeg #360 using a sponge starting at the center of the face and then blending outwards. To set these creamy products, I used a good, fluffy brush and COVERGIRL Clean Pressed Powder in Soft Honey. To brighten the face, I applied COVERGIRL Cheekers Blush in Classic Pink along the cheekbones.
- I started with COVERGIRL Liquiline Blast Eyeliner in Brown Blaze at the outer corner of the upper lash line and all the way along the bottom. I applied COVERGIRL Eye Enhancers 1-Kit Shadows in Forever Fig over the entire lid starting at the outer corners and blending towards the center.
- I then used COVERGIRL Eye Enhancers 1-Kit Shadows in Brown Smolder at the outer corners and along the bottom lash line. I finished the eyes with two coats of COVERGIRL LashBlast Volume Blasting Mascara in Very Black on both the top and bottom lashes.
- I started with COVERGIRL LipPerfection Lipcolor in Eternal to fill in Sofia’s entire lip. To add dimension to the lip, I used new COVERGIRL Blast Flipstick Lipcolor in Vixen in the center to give it a little shimmer.
- At the last minute, I decided to add a little more brown liner to the upper lash line to give it further depth. Other than that the look was all set!
- I gave Sofia the lip products I used as well as a pressed powder to combat any potential shine throughout the night. When I applied COVERGIRL Blast Flipstick Lipcolor, I started with a lighter pink but eventually decided to switch to a mauve shade. The COVERGIRL LipPerfection Lipcolor in Eternal is one of our absolute favorites so I knew we wanted to use that one.”
What is your favorite part of Sofia’s look?
More Style & Beauty Tips
- 50 Winter Nail Polish Ideas, Submitted by Glamour.com Readers
- The Top 20 Fashion Trends We Hope Never Come Back
- Exactly What to Eat to Lose Weight