'Gossip Girl' Spoiler: Chuck & Blair Are 'Never Over,' Producers Reveal

Mon, January 30, 2012 9:00pm EDT by 25 Comments
Blair Waldorf and Chuck

Following a screening of the 100th episode of ‘Gossip Girl,’ two executive producers promised there will always be hope for Chair fans!

At this point, you’ve seen Blair Waldorf’s wedding in Gossip Girl‘s 100th episode and are probably screaming at the TV, “But what about Chuck and Blair?!” Don’t worry — that’s the same thing all of press members were saying after a screening last week and we didn’t hold back about Chair when harassing executive producers Joshua Safran and Stephanie Savage during a panel afterward.

“Chuck and Blair are never over,” Josh said, reassuring us. “So…um, I think it’s just, you know, there’s always been a thorn in the side of Chuck somewhere and I think, you know, maybe it’ll be Dan, maybe it’ll be someone else.”

So will Chuck and Blair forever be fighting for love and never have a happily ever after? At this point, that might be the case.

“It’s a very torturous relationship for both of them and I think in a weird way, sometimes people love that torture and sometimes people can’t stand that torture — I think that’s going to be sort of the balance,” Josh explained.

At this point, Stephanie jumped in to defend Chair’s relationship. “They’re young. It seems like a long time in the course of the life of the show, but in the course of their actual lives, come on…[five] years of torture!”

That said, we also asked if Chuck will abandon his newfound, gentlemanly ways in the wake of Blair’s decision. Thankfully, he’s not going to rebound back to his wild self…just yet.

“We do believe Chuck has learned and still is continuing to learn and that evolution is real,” they told us. “It’s not so easily lost or so easily gained. Although, he will continue to be tested.”

Thankfully, we’ve been promised at least another season of Gossip Girl to see Blair and Chuck battle for each other’s hearts. Do YOU think they are destined to be together forever?

Get More ‘Gossip Girl’:

1. Gossip Girl’ Scoop: Blair May NOT Be A Runaway Bride, Says EP Josh Safran
  2. Nicole Says: Why Blair Waldorf Will Leave Prince Louis For Chuck Bass On Her Wedding Day
  3. ‘Gossip Girl’ Wedding: Blair Would Never Say ‘I Do’ With Such Messy Hair

JENNY

Posted at 3:02 AM on June 30, 2012

Tatty, tbm da certo se voc reiniciar o pcMas, quadno vocea este1 na internetAparece um sinalzinho no canto inferio direito da tela do seu pc que mostra que seu pc este1 na internetClique com o botao direito la e clique em reiniciar

Sophie

Posted at 8:11 AM on March 25, 2012

I really Chuck and Blair to stay together!. They are meant for each other and always will be . It is obvious that their love is true love as love isn’t perfect and there’s isn’t after all they have been through in the series. So pleaseee let them stay tougher!! xx

donna

Posted at 12:52 PM on March 17, 2012

if there is something I liked about this season, its Chuck’s growth. We got 5 minutes of happiness in 5×10 and then the horrid started. They could make Blair’s baby Chuck’s and then they could fight for their family together against royal craps but we could have our chair. They went through so much together and they certainly deserve happiness. But I worry these writers would give them that because they use CB as drama, while they are SO MUCH MORE. They have so much potential and triangles, squares are boring not interesting anymore especially when nothing makes sense and felt forced. ĞLease give Chuck&Blair the happy ending they so much deserrve!!! Also I love NJBC and SB and CN scenes so much. But we don’t get anymore. Its horrible.

GG

Posted at 10:19 AM on March 4, 2012

i absolutely love gossip girl but the chuck and blair ‘will they won’t they’ thing has been going on for pretty much all 5 seasons and i think everyone else will agree with me in saying that it’s getting boring and frustrating now. Just get them together!!! Don’t the producers realise that they are losing viewers over it because of this nonsense? PLEASE get chuck and blair together and KEEP then together. For once, can a tv programme have a happy couple stay with each other?

Michelle

Posted at 10:50 PM on February 21, 2012

I don’t know about anyone else but I am starting to get really disinterested in gossip girl due to it’s completely ridiculous Blair, Dan, Chuck, Louis saga. Honestly, the writers are obviously just recycling the same story line over and over and over to the point where it is getting frustrating and becoming boring. Blair loves Chuck “more and more each day” but no, suddenly she wants to be with Dan. Come on people, this is getting silly now and I’m beginning to get fed up with watching the stupid story line. A few more episodes of this nonsense and I’m going to stop watching, it’s becoming a waste of time.

katerina perti

Posted at 5:55 AM on February 16, 2012

am watching this show because of chair if there not gonna be any in this saison then am not gonna watch dair will ruine the show and the story blair blongs with chuck and only chuck dan is i dont know but i dont like him his looks like a frog chuck is hotter and more romantic

iRONIc™

Posted at 1:56 AM on February 7, 2012

I’m behind a little, so please help me out. I read somewhere that this is the last season of my favorite, guilty pleasure; now, I’m seeing there is another season? Holy Craptastic! I’m happy!

Long live Chuck & Blair!!! xoxo~

Mahfug

Posted at 5:12 AM on February 3, 2012

I want meet you.

chairfan

Posted at 10:07 PM on February 1, 2012

Completely agree Judith!!

Judith

Posted at 5:50 PM on January 31, 2012

The characters that we fell in love with are a shadow of their former selves! And the plotlines have become OMG (all the plot twists got ridiculour) just for the sake of getting a rise out of the audience and then there is no storyline follow up, which makes the journey emotionally hollow. All the fan spec for the 100th came up with better twists.
Also, they ripped off the runaway bride thing from OTH’s 100th ep. GET SOME ORIGINALITY WRITERS!!! I cannot believe they did all this and our ‘reward’ for getting them to 100eps is Blair marrying a guest star.

As always Ed and Leighton’s acting talents were the only thing worth commending in the ep, the two CB scenes really broke my heart.

Celena

Posted at 6:23 PM on January 31, 2012

I couldn’t agree more Lindsay. The characters we fell in love with have completely changed. This Blair and Chuck nonsense back and forth is getting old. The viewers have watched this long because their waiting for Chuck and Blair to finally be together. The writer’s think that the viewers will stay faithful to the show, but their losing interest. How can you not? Chuck and Blair’s story is getting ridiculous and so is the show. Georgina is Gossip Girl, really? Georgina is probably the most annoying, least interesting character on the show. They don’t even have the same voice! The 100th episode of Gossip Girl was a total disappointment!

Lindsay

Posted at 1:50 PM on January 31, 2012

SO sick of all of this “Dair” nonsense. Their friendship is nice, but that’s it. Blair belongs with Chuck. Just the thought of her being with Dan is completely ridiculous to me. I don’t think Serena deserves him either though. She’s had her chance(s). As soon as a new guy comes along she’ll forget all about Humphrey just as she always does.

nina

Posted at 8:25 AM on January 31, 2012

this whole season is sooooooooooooooooo ridiculous!!!I’m ashamed to still watch it!

chairfan

Posted at 2:05 AM on January 31, 2012

These writers are producing foolishness for the sake of suspense. Is it that they lack the talent to have Chuck and Blair be together like they obviously should AND keep the show interesting. Looking forward to seeing the ratings drop if they keep up with this stupidity!

VANESSA

Posted at 12:05 AM on January 31, 2012

this is so stupid…blair is an idio—WTF? WHY CAN’T SHE JUST BE WITH CHUCK!!!

Chris

Posted at 11:48 PM on January 30, 2012

I want the torture to end!! But I do believe they will always love each other and they will eventually happen. I just wish the writers would get that we dont need the obstacles anymore!

ALENA

Posted at 10:53 PM on January 30, 2012

that episode just broke my heart, i can’t believe this! why are they tormenting us like this! it’s so cruel. And now i’m having trouble believing what they say “To keep the faith, keep on hoping,” WHY WOULD I AFTER ALL THEY’VE DONE IS BREAK OUR HEARTS AND SHOOT DOWN OUT HOPES! i’ll belive it when i see a Chair reunion

Meagn

Posted at 10:22 PM on January 30, 2012

Chuck and Blair should be together already, That episode was not rewarding as a long time fan.

B

Posted at 10:04 PM on January 30, 2012

So Serena confessed her love and now Blair gets with Dan? I don’t think so. The writers better not do something like that because true friends wouldn’t act that way. Blair just told Serena to tell Dan how she really feels about him.. so Blair must not want him romantically, at least I hope. Please writers don’t kill the show! Let B&D just be platonic.

Fran

Posted at 9:59 PM on January 30, 2012

I am sure Chuck and Blair will ultimately get together but it does feel like 100 episodes should have been more of a reward to fans who stuck by the couple. I feel like they are at the stage where it is obstacles for obstacles sake. There is only a year left why not let Chair fans have a year of Chair working together and being a couple. I really hope Blair is part of the Jack/Chuck story but I am doubtful that could happen while Safran is still in charge.

Elle

Posted at 9:10 PM on January 30, 2012

Good! Chuck and Blair are too toxic! It’s Dair time, baby!

CBChair

Posted at 9:20 PM on January 30, 2012

Dair should never happen and the 100th should have convinced you. “I love you Dan Humphrey, always have, ALWAYS WILL” Blair would never do that to Serena, she knows she’s in love with Dan and if Dair would happen, it would forever ruin Serena and Blair, the base of the WHOLE SHOW. Chair!! Derena!!

Fernanda

Posted at 11:37 PM on January 31, 2012

Totally agree with the post above! D&B should just be platonic, Dair getting together romantically would totally ruin the show, not to mention Serena and Blair’s friendship! BLAIR AND CHUCK BELONG TOGETHER, as he said, he is the love of her life and anyone else is just a waste of time!

Summer

Posted at 2:58 PM on February 10, 2012

While I LOVE Derena, I’m totally sold on Dair…I’m so torn, I just wish Serena would make up her mind where Dan is concerned but I’ll take a little Blair and Dan. I just feel that while Ed & Leighton are great actors that couple leaves me needing more..Bad girls with bad boy couples do nothing for me.

kel

Posted at 12:55 AM on March 6, 2012

totally agree with that bad guy and bad girl comment. Blair & chuck were great when she was good girl gone bad… but their relationship was never one built to last. One based on friendship will last the long haul (Blair and Dan) plus they r hot together. Serena and Dan were boring together.